*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread******* - Page 103 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Old 04-25-2018, 09:08 AM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
Here's a shot of my camp in the Adirondacks in NY. It's a modest estate consisting of 3 acres of nice hardwood forest complete with an outhouse and a hand pump, The chalet has full propane facilities...heat, lighting and refrigerator/freezer. Fishing abounds and almost any fresh water species one wants is within easy reach, all you have to do is pick which waterway you want to fish in.

This fine fleet of vessels make fishing fun and easy. The 14' aluminum boat complete with antique 3hp Johnson permits launching at canoe launches and speedy travel around the 'ponds' but it also idles down low enough for trolling. The canoe hasn't gotten much use since the motorboat got properly accessorized.

And when winter rolls around we have sled in, sled out facilities. Here is my favorite picture of the C7 trail up there during the best of conditions. Whew, that picture's yuuuuuuge.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:49 AM
Wesley Green
Posting Guru
Wesley Green has a very good reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a very good reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a very good reputation on FTE.Wesley Green has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hey Byron, don't kick that ant hill or you'll lower the state's highest elevation point

I've come to realize I need to take more pictures of stuff in general. Can't find any decent pictures on my phone

May not be the best picture, but sums it up nicely, wife n me laying in the hammock while the kids play in the yard

And on a 7.3 related note

Old 04-25-2018, 10:31 AM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
Here is the camper floorplan. I searched online but could not find the correct one, closest had the newer bathroom with corner shower so I started drawing it up. I need to take some measurements but this is very close.

Here is the thread about the remodel:

Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692 View Post
Started remodeling the camper last night. Making a loft in the garage for the boys. Full with and between 6'6" and 8' long. Will be hinged in the front so I can lift up the back for loading dirt bikes.

Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692 View Post
Ended up making it 8' long so I had to only make 1 cut on each sheet of plywood. Did all the cutting and building inside since it was cold and rainy. Only opened the rear door to get the plywood out and turned sideways.I also have 3 posts per side and a block at the rear. I can't use a post at the rear as it would block a vent door from opening.

Securing the front sheet of plywood before sliding the rear sheet into place. Need to borrow a small nailer to secure the paneling after I insulate. Still need to get some paneling to fill in the missing spot on the garage wall and make a wall at the rear of the loft. Not quite sure what I will do for that as it needs to fold down so I can lift up the loft floor to load bikes.

All I need to do to finish is add the wall the the rear of the loft. it will be 3/8 plywood and hinged to swing out of the way for lifting up. I also instaled gas struts for a fiberglass truck topper to make tipping the loft up easy and they hold it up for loading. 4 full size mx bikes and 2 kids mx bikes will fit in the back easily. Once loaded it will be back down level for transport. THe garage floor is 12" below the rest of the camper which helped to have enough height.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:02 AM
brian42
Post Fiend
brian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant futurebrian42 has a brilliant future
I don't have any pictures of my house which has a decent view but nothing compared to Sous, Tugly, BBslider001, and the likes. I do, however, have a picture after a fun weekend a few years ago...

I did not buy a 4x4 for the resale value! Most of the larger chunks fell off on the drive home. No matter how old I get I will always turn into a 16-year-old when I see mud.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:10 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Great images everyone! Keep them coming!

Again, does not have to be of anything in particular, just something that makes you smile a bit that you would like to share with us.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:40 PM
AllaboutMPG
Postmaster
AllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to behold
So you mean pictures of a favorite past time preferably with beautiful weather and back grounds?? I did use my 7.3 to get myself and boat to all these locations.

Next 2 are a couple of Bull Reds of about 40 caught over 3 days with Son and Bro-in-law. Also caught specs, jacks, flounder, sharks, etc. One of the best fish catching trips I can remember.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:05 PM
Walleye Hunter
Post Fiend
Walleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to beholdWalleye Hunter is a splendid one to behold
I love a good fish pic, do you keep any, Paul? And what's that long skinny one with the V tail?

Old 04-25-2018, 01:29 PM
AllaboutMPG
Postmaster
AllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to behold
I was thinking I would love a cabin in the woods with access to fishing in every direction

Mark I do occasionally keep some. All bass go back and obviously the carp are recreational only. The skinny one with V tail is a King Mackerel aka Smoker cause that's what they do to your reel when they hit. Really good eating. The big Reds usually go back but smaller ones in the cooler up to legal limit of course. Some of my favorite eating fish are Trout, Crappie, Grouper, snapper. Have always heard Walleye are awesome but have never had any. On the bucket list

Old 04-25-2018, 02:14 PM
Idaho_F250
Junior User
Idaho_F250 is starting off with a positive reputation.

While not the view from the back porch, its close! This is out along the river behind the house a mile or two where we like to go hiking. There is a natural hot spring at the top that runs down enough to soak your feet in after the hike. Right during the change from Winter to Spring we get quite a few moose around this area. The fishing along here is pretty good as well.

Old 04-25-2018, 02:58 PM
AllaboutMPG
Postmaster
Idaho f250, what part of Idaho?

Spent a few years in Mountain Home when I was young and have some good memories of time on the South Fork of the Boise River below Anderson Ranch Dam.

Pretty Country when the sun is hitting the Rim rock.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:06 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
We have family all the way from Boise to Orofino. We love the northern part of Idaho and down in the Challis area.

Old 04-25-2018, 03:15 PM
Idaho_F250
Junior User
Idaho_F250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by AllaboutMPG View Post
Idaho f250, what part of Idaho?

Spent a few years in Mountain Home when I was young and have some good memories of time on the South Fork of the Boise River below Anderson Ranch Dam.

Pretty Country when the sun is hitting the Rim rock.
South East out by Rexburg. We moved up here about 5 years ago from Northern Cali and haven't regretted a second. Just have to get used to the wind and winter. My wife misses the shopping, but that I can live without.
I know that area by Anderson Ranch Reservoir well, I deer hunt up on the north fork of the Boise river by Steel Mountain and Rocky Bar.

Last edited by Idaho_F250; 04-25-2018 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Added Picture
Old 04-25-2018, 03:28 PM
ZachinCO
Senior User
ZachinCO is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
I've done my bit on the end of a shovel handle, as "well" as chasing bad hardware down the hole. I've never seen a fitting break like that before... it makes me wonder if it was Chinese steel that you needed to pay extra to replace. Is the reflector so you won't hit it with a riding lawn mower?
More for the tractor and UTV, especially when the kids are driving. Odd thing to me was that was the copper portion.
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Rich might be on to something here...

Post up pictures of your home, land or whatever you are proud or happy with at this time, or in the past. Be it city, country, camping spot, whatever, dogs, people, fish, etc... Something that makes you smile that you are willing to share with the brothers and sisters of the FTE community.

My contribution is a shot of our home last week just after mowing the lawn. Bass, catfish, bream and some grass carp in the pond. No fishing license required because it is 100% on our property. When sitting in my leather recliner I am 25 feet from the water. The dock is a floating dock with two wooden chairs that are shaded by the large tree from about 10 AM on. We love our home and being there, but love camping as well.

We are country living and front porch sittin people, but can appreciate the beauty and wonder in all landscapes in our great country.

That view is worth seeing more than a few times. How are the bugs?

The view looking down my driveway, west towards the Rockies.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:53 PM
AllaboutMPG
Postmaster
unbelievable how far you guys out west can see

Idaho F250, Looks like a couple of deer in the river. That what prompted the pic??

Originally Posted by Idaho_F250 View Post

While not the view from the back porch, its close! .
Originally Posted by ZachinCO View Post

The view looking down my driveway, west towards the Rockies.
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
View from my shop

Attachment 260600

Old 04-25-2018, 05:00 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Zach, bugs are bad at all really. There is a stream that runs into one end of the pond and a stream that runs out the other end. So, the pond is always moving. Plus, the fish in the pond keep the bugs off the water, then the bats in the air keep the bugs out of the sky. Of course, right about sunset the bugs come out in force, so there is a 1-2 hour period where we go inside if we have been outside.

Keep the images coming!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *******The Official Superduty Morning Coffee thread*******

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.