6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Is there anybody out there? (6.2 section is quiet!!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 06:34 AM
acadianbob
Cargo Master
Received 527 Likes on 297 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron94150
LMAO.

Not nearly as cold as some this morning, but it was 7* this am. My only regret this morning was the vinyl seats. I love them 10 months out of the year.
This is a big reason why I ordered a gas truck. It was -24F several days in a row here in MN. Would hate to think that I couldn't start my truck and drive into town! It has been -15F to -24F for the last two weeks!.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:50 AM
rvpuller
Received 429 Likes on 281 Posts
Originally Posted by acadianbob
This is a big reason why I ordered a gas truck. It was -24F several days in a row here in MN. Would hate to think that I couldn't start my truck and drive into town! It has been -15F to -24F for the last two weeks!.
I remember all the years I lived in MN, born and raised outside of Duluth and the last 7 years just north of the Twin Cities. I also spent 2 years in Sault Ste Marie Michigan when I was in the USCG and found out what winter was really like. Now I'm liking the 70s down here in Yuma during the winter and the warm weather in southern Nebraska in the summer.

Denny

Old 01-03-2018, 09:41 AM
River Wild
Fleet Mechanic
Received 270 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by RainDesert
I found my favorite post of the day up in the 2017 section:
I read that post as well.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:23 AM
Ron94150
Postmaster
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
I really like kool-aid, especially the 6.2 mix, it is extra sweet.

Question...if I buy a 6.7, will my nuts really get bigger?

Guess who's profile pic I just found....Name:  photo938.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  199.6 KB

Old 01-03-2018, 01:39 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,154 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron94150
Question...if I buy a 6.7, will my nuts really get bigger?
nope. that only happens if it is a cummings

Old 01-06-2018, 07:44 PM
stattlich1
Junior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man I don't want to jinx anything here, and I sure don't have any intention of denigrating any diesel owners. For real. On both counts, for real for real.

I'm so dang tickled to own a gas hoggin' 6.2 I don't know how to act

I'll tell you why.

I have close to 6,000 miles on this thing, and I've done nothing but gas it up and change the oil.

That's it.

I just read on another site about a mercedes diesel, brand new, class b, DEF problems.

Two days ago, at work, a lady asks me if my trucks a diesel, I say nope....hers is, and she's looking for a way to plug it in, worried it won't start after work.....cooooold, yeah man, it's been COLD.

Talk about COLD, I love watching the temp. gauge, from leaving my garage, to about 2 miles down the road, the 6.2 is blowin' heat...

I'm really, REALLY, having a difficult time finding anything wrong with it.

gotta go fill 'er up, haha, 13mpg

Over and Out.

Old 01-06-2018, 07:52 PM
ncl
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by stattlich1
Man I don't want to jinx anything here, and I sure don't have any intention of denigrating any diesel owners. For real. On both counts, for real for real.

I'm so dang tickled to own a gas hoggin' 6.2 I don't know how to act

I'll tell you why.

I have close to 6,000 miles on this thing, and I've done nothing but gas it up and change the oil.

That's it.

I just read on another site about a mercedes diesel, brand new, class b, DEF problems.

Two days ago, at work, a lady asks me if my trucks a diesel, I say nope....hers is, and she's looking for a way to plug it in, worried it won't start after work.....cooooold, yeah man, it's been COLD.

Talk about COLD, I love watching the temp. gauge, from leaving my garage, to about 2 miles down the road, the 6.2 is blowin' heat...

I'm really, REALLY, having a difficult time finding anything wrong with it.

gotta go fill 'er up, haha, 13mpg

Over and Out.
I will say these things warm up fast. My truck warms up faster than my wife's van and my work van both gas. It was like 3 deg. Here the other day. I started truck and put it to max heat setting on temerature dial. Whatever it does which I assume is just defrost and high speed fan according to heat controls and high temp but the truck was warm in 5 minutes flat. It's awesome for sure.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:12 AM
Supf350
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GReat trucks. My 2016 f350 is running strong. We have over 80” of snow here in northwestern Michigan. With my Cooper M&S winter tires it hasn’t flinched. This is my first reply or posting ever on a forum so testing 1 2 3 not sure what buttons to push!

Last edited by Supf350; 01-07-2018 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Wrong tires mentioned. Blizzaks are not available for this new truck. But have them in my f150 my mistake. We to computer stu
Old 01-07-2018, 08:15 AM
stattlich1
Junior User
Originally Posted by Supf350
GReat trucks. My 2016 f350 is running strong. We have over 80” of snow here in northwestern Michigan. With my Blizzaks it hasn’t flinched. This is my first reply or posting ever on a forum so testing 1 2 3 not sure what buttons to push!
NICE!

I'd like to see some pics of all that snow, down here in south PA we've had nothin' but an inch or two all winter.

Old 01-07-2018, 08:43 AM
Chuck's First Ford
Postmaster
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Snow.. being from the Snow Belt of N.E Ohio.. I am done with it...
I still summer there..
but winter in very South Texas with my motorcycle .

Old 01-09-2018, 05:42 PM
rvpuller
Received 429 Likes on 281 Posts
OK it's time to dump Sirius radio so I'm trying to learn about downloading music to my phone and then Bluetooth it to my truck radio. I got the blue tooth to work but undecided what music app is the best to use. I've looked at Google and Amazon but I want to know about downloading it to my phone, I don't want to store it in the cloud.

Denny

Old 01-09-2018, 05:51 PM
stattlich1
Junior User
Man I don't have clue how to do all that, still using Sirius here but will be checking in to see if anybody weighs in on this.

I washed around 25 pounds of salt off my truck today First day above freezing since Christmas day.

No wonder vehicles rust out, every single car or truck around here is white with the crap.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:57 PM
Chuck's First Ford
Postmaster
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by rvpuller
OK it's time to dump Sirius radio so I'm trying to learn about downloading music to my phone and then Bluetooth it to my truck radio. I got the blue tooth to work but undecided what music app is the best to use. I've looked at Google and Amazon but I want to know about downloading it to my phone, I don't want to store it in the cloud.

Denny
I offer No help.. I just got Sirius last summer.... first time...
yes, they are raising the rates again.
just got the latest offer 6 months of all channels.. for 60 percent off. $50.00. with auto-pay
I lesson to 4 channels.

besides the 30 CD's... I used to use...

I will also keep and eye on this thread.....

Old 01-09-2018, 05:58 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 297 Likes on 156 Posts
Originally Posted by rvpuller
Google lets you download the music to your phone, Amazon might too, I don't remember. The one thing about Google - you can get a subscription for like $8/month and listen to ANYTHING ANYTIME. With the monthly subscription, you can still download the music to your phone and listen when you're out of range even when you don't buy the music. I use it, and it's great.

Do you have Sync 3? If so, and it's version 2.2 or later, you can use Android Auto and use Google Music to play anything just by talking to it like you would to Sync.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:04 PM
Omega Man
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I use Amazon prime music. However I don't download the I just stream them when I want to listen to them. Pandora works well also.

For podcasts I use Stitcher and Podcast Addict.

Quick Reply: Is there anybody out there? (6.2 section is quiet!!!!)