1956 Ford save from going to scrap or let it go? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1956 Ford save from going to scrap or let it go?

Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM
Posting Guru

pineconeford is a splendid one to beholdpineconeford is a splendid one to beholdpineconeford is a splendid one to beholdpineconeford is a splendid one to beholdpineconeford is a splendid one to beholdpineconeford is a splendid one to beholdpineconeford is a splendid one to beholdpineconeford is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by eberhama View Post
One of my dad's friends wished a '49 F-4 on me that was crusher bound, but I'm a '56 guy. Let's just trade
Look at those F-4 front fenders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice, straight and solid. Drool.

Josh, that '68 longbed would sell for 1,000 as-is around here. Even if it had Flintstone Floor Pans, a raccoon nest in the seat and a stuck engine.
Tom
Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM
Posting Legend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Quote:
One of my dad's friends wished a '49 F-4 on me that was crusher bound, but I'm a '56 guy. Let's just trade
Is that your 56 sitting behind the 49..?
Old Today, 01:48 AM
Postmaster

jmadsen is a name known to alljmadsen is a name known to alljmadsen is a name known to alljmadsen is a name known to alljmadsen is a name known to alljmadsen is a name known to all
Quote:
Nice F4. I'll take you up on that offer if you do all the driving! I'm in Salt Lake Utah.
Old Today, 03:47 AM
Senior User

Justboy has a good reputation on FTE.Justboy has a good reputation on FTE.
Wow that F4 is cool. Maybe you could meet somewhere in the middle? Like Scotland
Old Today, 04:59 AM
Senior User

rico56 has a good reputation on FTE.rico56 has a good reputation on FTE.
...yes, and that giant bed offers a lot of space for additional spare parts to load on!
Old Today, 08:14 AM
Elder User

Connecticut Calvin has a great reputation on FTE.Connecticut Calvin has a great reputation on FTE.Connecticut Calvin has a great reputation on FTE.Connecticut Calvin has a great reputation on FTE.Connecticut Calvin has a great reputation on FTE.
Oh please don't scrap it. Yes the guys are right that cab which is mostly decent can fit on a '56 F100 since they're identical. And the '56 was a one-off year. They're getting harder and harder to find. And those fenders are larger than the F100s. They look decent. I paid nearly $400 for my set. They're exceptionally rare. I can't see all of the wheels so I can't say for sure if they're not RH5s or lock-ring style. Soooo much good steel left on this truck.