Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRIAX OIL- REVIEW.

Old 05-09-2018, 08:28 PM
speakerfritz
Postmaster
speakerfritz has a good reputation on FTE.speakerfritz has a good reputation on FTE.
I also switched to it.

the oil has boron in it which is a super lube molocue.

the oil is designed to flow at -37

Old 05-09-2018, 11:17 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
I might have to try this.

Looks like it's $10 bucks cheaper at Amazon, and it's free shipping with prime.

https://smile.amazon.com/Triax-FLEET...T+SUPREME+CK-4

Stewart

Old 05-10-2018, 07:18 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Stewart_H View Post
I might have to try this.

Looks like it's $10 bucks cheaper at Amazon, and it's free shipping with prime.

https://smile.amazon.com/Triax-FLEET...T+SUPREME+CK-4

Stewart

Now you're messin' with my head - that's CK-4. I notice it has moly and boron, though.

Old 05-10-2018, 12:18 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Whoops! Good catch Tug, thanks. I had multiple tabs open and linked to the wrong one.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07BBMWQS4/ref=twister_B076N8NDC8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Now I also noticed the description and the picture don't match. Grrr, gonna have to contact the seller and ask some questions.

Stewart

Old 05-10-2018, 12:47 PM
Sous
SXE Junkie
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Let us know what they say. I am sure I am not the only one following this thread very closely. I have one more set of T6 jugs, but will be looking for some of this when they run out.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:52 PM
Josh Rowe Sr.
Junior User
Josh Rowe Sr. is starting off with a positive reputation.
ordering some next week now. have to change the oil in 3-5k.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:49 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Let us know what they say. I am sure I am not the only one following this thread very closely. I have one more set of T6 jugs, but will be looking for some of this when they run out.
Asked through the Amazon link, here's the response.

"The description for the 2-pack 2.5 gallon jugs says it's API CJ-4, but the picture of the product shows API CK-4. Is the 2-pack CJ-4 or CK-4?"

TRIAX Customer Service answered: "Thank you for pointing this out. The product is a full synthetic CK-4. Apparently the description was not updated."

Stewart

Old 05-11-2018, 01:00 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
So I guess the next question is do they have the CJ-4 in different packaging?

Old 05-11-2018, 01:51 PM
Sous
SXE Junkie
Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.Sous has a spectacular reputation.
Even the original link that John posted is for CK-4 oil now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/262495069278?rmvSB=true

Old 05-11-2018, 02:15 PM
IDI-Charlie
Posting Guru
IDI-Charlie has a very good reputation on FTE.IDI-Charlie has a very good reputation on FTE.IDI-Charlie has a very good reputation on FTE.
I'm interested to see some UOA of Triax's CK4 and the subsequent reviews. My truck has been super happy running on Schaeffer's for the past couple changes but am open to possible replacements in the event my supplier runs short again - so long as it'll behave the same as what I'm running now.

Old 05-11-2018, 05:01 PM
Stewart_H
The Nekkid Super Mod
Originally Posted by hydro man 17 View Post
So I guess the next question is do they have the CJ-4 in different packaging?
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Even the original link that John posted is for CK-4 oil now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/262495069278?rmvSB=true
Well, looking at the specs on the label, it shows it meets the Ford WSS-M2C171-F1 spec.

So I think I'm gonna order some.

Stewart

Old 05-14-2018, 09:59 AM
trekbasso
Posting Guru
trekbasso has a great reputation on FTE.trekbasso has a great reputation on FTE.trekbasso has a great reputation on FTE.trekbasso has a great reputation on FTE.
Well, I asked for it. Decided to check up on any oil threads before I changed mine, Triax huh? Just ordered from Ebay. Two 2.5 gallon jugs, and a discount popped up. 107.10 and free shipping. Looks like a few of us will be finding out.
Oh boy.

Old 05-14-2018, 10:23 AM
Sous
SXE Junkie
Keep us all posted...

Old 05-14-2018, 10:24 AM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
I have a decent supply of whatever the mobil 5-40 with the semi on the label is. From what I've read the triax sounds good. I will try it the next time I need some if I can't get the deal I currently get on the mobil.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:40 PM
mjtpolice76
Senior User
mjtpolice76 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just changed my oil today with this stuff I’ll report back after 3k on it. Started up fine ran the same.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TRIAX OIL- REVIEW.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.