Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TRIAX OIL- REVIEW.

Old 04-26-2018, 06:35 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
I just have to wonder about these "high mileage" oil change intervals. Are the additives as well as the oil itself still viable with HEUI injectors?
There is a lot of oil shear going on with these injectors which requires additional testing to determine. Just asking.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:34 PM
speakerfritz
Postmaster
speakerfritz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.speakerfritz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
They produce a million gallons a month....they have to be doing something right.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:39 PM
Firefighter 1406
Postmaster
Firefighter 1406 has a very good reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a very good reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a very good reputation on FTE.Firefighter 1406 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by speakerfritz View Post
Just tried the 15w40 Triax which Triax claims has good flow even at -37F.

Ditto on the claims of quieter and smoothet running engine.

also like that it has boron already so no need to add arch oil or rev-x and thatís a decent money saver.

This makes this very interesting. Are you running it in your 6.4 fritz?

Old 04-26-2018, 11:11 PM
bigreentruck
Senior User
bigreentruck is starting off with a positive reputation.
I changed to Triax 15-40 synthetic about 7K ago. Prior to that I ran Delo 15-40. Last September in Idaho and Sierras while towing 10K 5th wheel had no problems even getting snowed on twice. Ready to change oil now. I put a limit of 8K after the guy said I could go much further than that.
All runs good still, and noticed a little quieter after I changed it 7K ago.
Thinking of ordering the 5-40, but as I'm in So. Kommie fornia I think the 15-40 will do. Still deciding.

Old 04-27-2018, 01:50 AM
speakerfritz
Postmaster
speakerfritz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.speakerfritz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.

Originally Posted by bigreentruck View Post
I .
Thinking of ordering the 5-40, but as I'm in So. Kommie fornia I think the 15-40 will do. Still deciding.
TRIAX 15w40 will flow at -37f and I specifically asked if I could leave i in during my 9f winters and they said it would flow very well .

Im good ng to freezer test this claim.

and yes, right now itís in my 6.4 and it runs great.

Old 04-27-2018, 06:52 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant future
You fellas that buy this stuff in the 5 gallon buckets, how do you get it into a manageable container in order to pour it into the engine?

Old 04-27-2018, 07:06 AM
speakerfritz
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
You fellas that buy this stuff in the 5 gallon buckets, how do you get it into a manageable container in order to pour it into the engine?
i use a large funnel and pour it into an empty 1 gal container then use the 1 gal to fill

Old 04-27-2018, 07:14 AM
Tugly
Post Fiend
Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
200 GPH drill pump.

​​​​​​​

Thanks to this thread, I'm going to order some from Amazon and transfer the extra to spare oil bottles I have from previous oil changes. I always keep spare oil on board just in case.

Old 04-27-2018, 07:20 AM
Sous
Post Fiend
Sous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant futureSous has a brilliant future
I guess I could get the oil from the 5 gallon bucket with a funell or drill pump and into some old Rotella T6 containers. I have a few of those around from previous oil changes that I use to recycle the used oil at local parts stores.

I have 2 changes of Rotella at the house, but am just about due for a change now bringing the supply down to 1 change on hand.

Old 04-27-2018, 03:41 PM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
I have dumped it strait in the truck from the 5 gallon bucket with a funnel (2 person)
Dump from 5 gallon into 1.25 gallon oil bottle with funnel the dump into truck with funnel.
Just bought a 5 quart measure with a spout and lid. Used this last time and it is nice. do not need a funnel to pour into truck. Same as my friend at his shop but he has 55 gallon bulk oil. https://www.farmandfleet.com/product...container.html

Old 04-27-2018, 03:45 PM
Sous
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by brandon_oma#692 View Post
I have dumped it strait in the truck from the 5 gallon bucket with a funnel (2 person)
Pictures or video or it didn't happen!

I just know that I would end up with .1 gallons of oil in the engine and 4.9 gallons of oil coating the engine and floor in the event oxidation wanted to occur.

We have Tractor Supply Company in the south, but I did miss Farm and Fleet from the midwest. That is the ONLY thing I miss about the midwest though.

Old 04-27-2018, 04:11 PM
brandon_oma#692
Posting Guru
brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.brandon_oma#692 has a great reputation on FTE.
Well to tell the truth I think it only had 2 or 3 gallons in it as it was a partial from before.

Old 04-28-2018, 03:03 AM
SRBF150
Elder User
SRBF150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.SRBF150 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I've been running this oil for almost a year now and the engine seems to run well with it. I went 7k miles on the last change but I don't know I'd feel comfortable going more w/o analysis and I'm just not into that. I prefer to get the most life from the engine not the oil so 5-7k works for me.

As to how to get a 5gal container to the engine, I empty a gallon into a jug for later use and then dump the remaining 4 into the engine by myself using a large funnel. I overfill 1qt and have been doing this for years with this truck and others prior. Old 4wd thing where I believe a little over fill is safe.

Old 04-28-2018, 01:08 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.hydro man 17 has a good reputation on FTE.
I would assume that the bucket has a screw on cap? If so I would think that a gas can spout could be rigged up pretty easy and then set in a rack.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:45 PM
nossliw
Postmaster
nossliw has a great reputation on FTE.nossliw has a great reputation on FTE.nossliw has a great reputation on FTE.nossliw has a great reputation on FTE.nossliw has a great reputation on FTE.
Well I didn't think this stuff would truly quiet the truck down but we just ordered 30 gallons to swap over into the fleet trucks. I'll post an analysis after the first go around.

Yes the truck really is quieter. Never heard another oil do this and now am curious to why. Thought you'd be buying snake oil if told this by a salesman...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TRIAX OIL- REVIEW.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.