Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

What did you do to your Superduty today? 2017 version

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Superduty today? 2017 version

Old 08-05-2017, 08:21 PM
mooch91
Senior User
mooch91 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by StrikeForce View Post
Are you adding "hill decent control" after the fact? That's an interesting project.

Yep - thinking I can do it for the $10 cost of the switch + FORSCAN. My OBD adapter comes in next week so I will finish it off then and post my results. Probably not the most essential option but I like the satisfaction of "just because I can".

Old 08-06-2017, 12:35 PM
~erik~
Senior User
~erik~ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yesterday put on OEM front fender liner and Weathertech front mud flaps. Sometimes accessories from different manufacturers don't want to play nicely together. In this case only problem was having to put in one longer mudflap screw to go through liner too instead of just reusing original screws.

Rear Husky fender liner and rear Gatorback mudflaps were a similar situation. Husky fender liners went in yesterday without too much trouble, drilled hole in rear of each per the Gatorback video showing use of brackets supplied by Ford dealer in their kit.
Today tried to install the Gatorbacks but found that to install the rear braces for the mount brackets I had to drill three more holes in each liner, then notch the rear of each liner to clear the Gatorback mudflaps braces. A Dremel MultiMax tool made notching the liners easy. Also had to buy four quarter inch machine screws a half inch longer than those supplied with the mudflaps to go through the braces and liners, as the Husky liners were about a half inch away from the sheet metal that the braces mount too. Took awhile but I'm happy with the end result.

Angle the photo was taken from makes it look like the truck is 6 feet off the ground.

Hardware painted with black bedliner paint before installation.

Old 08-06-2017, 12:46 PM
glrret
Senior User
glrret is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.glrret is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have a set of front and rear Gator Back Blue Oval Ford flaps for my dually it haven't had the time to install them. Maybe next weekend

Old 08-06-2017, 02:01 PM
mooch91
Senior User
Polished and sealed all my glass today (including sunroof, except windshield which is being replaced this week). I hate streaky, stained glass and it's much easier to get it in shape when it's new.

Also machine polished the piano black B-pillar trim. Used Porter Cable 7424 with 3" backing plate and Lake Country foam polishing pad with Meguiars M205. Came out pretty good, we'll see how it holds up.

Attached Images   
Old 08-07-2017, 08:10 AM
JeepPuller
Posting Guru
JeepPuller is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Scrubbed an OEM bed mat that I got off CL for super cheap with some Purple Power to de-grease it. There is still some staining, but nothing transfers and there is no longer any odor.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:12 AM
JeepPuller
Posting Guru
JeepPuller is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by mooch91 View Post
Yep - thinking I can do it for the $10 cost of the switch + FORSCAN. My OBD adapter comes in next week so I will finish it off then and post my results. Probably not the most essential option but I like the satisfaction of "just because I can".
I'm interested in how this turns out...

Old 08-07-2017, 11:53 AM
xxxsherpa
Posting Guru
xxxsherpa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.xxxsherpa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Drove it in the rain for the first time. 9 days old with 115 miles on it.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:58 AM
PwerStroke99
Postmaster
PwerStroke99 has a very good reputation on FTE.PwerStroke99 has a very good reputation on FTE.PwerStroke99 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by mooch91 View Post
Polished and sealed all my glass today (including sunroof, except windshield which is being replaced this week). I hate streaky, stained glass and it's much easier to get it in shape when it's new.

Also machine polished the piano black B-pillar trim. Used Porter Cable 7424 with 3" backing plate and Lake Country foam polishing pad with Meguiars M205. Came out pretty good, we'll see how it holds up.
Where do you get the Pinnacle?

Old 08-07-2017, 01:02 PM
retiredandfree
Junior User
retiredandfree is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ordered Optilube summer+
Installed Husky Mudflaps

Old 08-07-2017, 01:12 PM
~erik~
Senior User
~erik~ is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wife used her fingernails to pull off the 4X4 side stickers. They both came off in one piece, probably as she did it in the hot sun today.

Meanwhile, also in the heat, I installed the Truck Covers USA roll cover that's been sitting in the garage for a month waiting for the truck to arrive. It went in or on without any problems. It's sorta like a roll top desk, with about 45 narrow (1 5/8" wide) powder coated aluminum slats that slide and roll into a small 8" square box at the head of the bed. Seems to work nicely. They say it'll hold 500 lbs. but I resisted the temptation to crawl onto it. I was worried that my Briggs & Stratton 3000 watt inverter generator would not fit, but looks like it will with a quarter of an inch to spare.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:27 PM
fishrprice
Senior User
fishrprice is starting off with a positive reputation.
Since its raining a flood in Maryland today, I installed the Console organizer and Ford rubber floor mats. The wheel liners and the rear light bar will have to wait for a nicer day.

Old 08-07-2017, 02:44 PM
mooch91
Senior User
Originally Posted by PwerStroke99 View Post
Where do you get the Pinnacle?
Picked it up from autogeek.net. I watched Mike Phillips' videos on how to use it, ended up doing it by hand on the new truck (I've used it with machine on some older vehicles).

Old 08-07-2017, 02:53 PM
nbayless36
Senior User
nbayless36 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by StrikeForce View Post
Are you adding "hill decent control" after the fact? That's an interesting project.
I'm planning on this also. Have you got it working and where did you find the part numbers for the correct buttons?

Old 08-07-2017, 04:11 PM
AMXDREAMER
Elder User
AMXDREAMER is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.AMXDREAMER is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Installed the 1 1/2" level on the F350 this morning. Took about an hour and looks great with the new Toyo open Country Extremes (295/65/20)!

Old 08-07-2017, 04:29 PM
lotsofords
Senior User
lotsofords is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have been building a custom dog crate. It is being made to take up the back with the seat folded up. Hold 2 dogs and be able to fold up.
I still have a long way to go, but it should be very cool.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Superduty today? 2017 version

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.