Notices
1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

parts wanted

Old 01-06-2019, 03:17 PM
quesey
Posting Guru
quesey is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Paul Orozco View Post
I am now the proud owner of a 1997 FSuper Duty 7.3L w 130k miles on it.
The VIN # is:
1FDLF47F3VEB53524
1997 F-Super Duty 7.3L Diesel 4x4 MH Mod

It was originally purchased and owned by the City of San Jose Fire Department up until two weeks ago.
It was ordered modified new to a 4x4 by Marmon-Herrington in Kentucky with the install done by Fontaine Mod Center in Kentucky. I want to use the parts with original as built specs.

The GOOD: the truck is pristine.
The BAD: It's missing the transmission, transfer case, and shafts.
I am looking to buy a transmission and transfer case. I can source the shafts here locally in California.

The information I received from Marmon-Herrington is below:"The transmission and torque converter are original equipment. We supplied an adapter and a shaft to join the transmission and transfer case (which are no longer made). The rear driveline is original equipment, but was shortened and the front shaft is a 1330 series Spicer with double joints on each end (also not available, but Weller Truck out of Grand Rapids might have one). Unfortunately, we have not carried this model transfer case since 2007, but you should be able to go through a GM dealer with the model MBW4470 (Borg Warner).If this truck is missing the transmission you are more than likely missing a couple key component to mount the transfer case to the transmission. The other issue is the original parking brake supplied with the truck is adapted to the tail end of the transmission."

What I am looking for is an E4OD transmission (or 4R100??). Also need the MBW4470 but I keep getting questions on why the BW4470 since this is for a Ford application.

Any help in locating what I need would be appreciated.
Thats bad ***.

But you will want to save yourself a lot of trouble and just sale it to me. J/K

But no idea on where you'll find parts anymore for that 4x4
E4OD will be easy I have 1 of them in a f super duty but it's just a 2wd with the parking brake on it

Old 01-06-2019, 04:07 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
the F-SuperDuty used a 4X4 transmission. instead of a transfer case bolted to the back of the trans, they had a parking brake bolted there because there was no parking brake available for use with the rear disc brake setup the truck used.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:52 AM
DIYMechanic
Post Fiend
DIYMechanic is a splendid one to beholdDIYMechanic is a splendid one to beholdDIYMechanic is a splendid one to beholdDIYMechanic is a splendid one to beholdDIYMechanic is a splendid one to beholdDIYMechanic is a splendid one to beholdDIYMechanic is a splendid one to beholdDIYMechanic is a splendid one to behold
That's an awesome truck! It sounds like it may take some work, but I'm sure you'll come up with something.

Old 01-09-2019, 05:51 PM
lappel65
New User
lappel65 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Need a front differential for a 95 F350 .

Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
I have a ring and pinion set of 4.10's I pulled from my old axle as a spare.

However, it's easier to do an axle swap than set up a whole carrier and pinion. Just FYI.
You're looking at break line, 4 ubolts and a drive shaft for the swap which can be done in about 2 hours vs 5 or 6 hours of setting backlash and spacers and crush sleeves on a whole setup.
Do you want to sell your spare ?

Old 01-14-2019, 04:50 PM
eberhama
Senior User
eberhama is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking for a complete stock air box set up for a 96, and would also like to find the plastic top engine cover as well. LMK

Old 01-15-2019, 03:04 PM
Jarrett Campbell
Postmaster
Jarrett Campbell is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Jarrett Campbell is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I might have an air box. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Old 01-16-2019, 03:39 PM
milkstake
Senior User
milkstake is starting off with a positive reputation.
TAILGATE NEEDED

I have a f350 that is missing a tailgate. Truck is black and silver, preferably black tailgate but any color is fine as long has its not beat to crap.
97 model year.

thanks!

Old 01-17-2019, 07:43 AM
pwjackson42
Senior User
pwjackson42 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Anyone have a 3" down pipe they are getting rid of? Thinking of just adding that to my straight stock exhaust since it is solid.

Old 01-17-2019, 03:33 PM
milkstake
Senior User
milkstake is starting off with a positive reputation.
My understanding was that the F-Super Duty did not have a transfer case, but had a 4x4 transmission. Definitely not an expert.

Old 02-05-2019, 02:51 PM
dclack
Posting Guru
dclack has a very good reputation on FTE.dclack has a very good reputation on FTE.dclack has a very good reputation on FTE.
Having to drive in the snow reminds me that I really need to get the F350 driveshaft in my truck. Anybody have the front CV yoke for a BW4407 (F5TZ7B214B)? I know about the one source on ebay. Just checking to see if there is something to be had a little cheaper. I can send you my F250 yoke in return.

Edit: I'd also be willing to trade one of my dipstick adapters for a CV yoke... https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...er-repair.html

Old 02-05-2019, 03:07 PM
dclack
Posting Guru
dclack has a very good reputation on FTE.dclack has a very good reputation on FTE.dclack has a very good reputation on FTE.
Along the lines of the DIY dipstick adapter, I'm looking for a piece of oil pan to test fit these on. Anybody have a junk oil pan they'd be willing to cut a section out of?

Old 04-02-2019, 03:21 PM
knottyrope
Postmaster
knottyrope has a very good reputation on FTE.knottyrope has a very good reputation on FTE.knottyrope has a very good reputation on FTE.
need rear drivers side door latch for 95 CC

Old 04-02-2019, 10:11 PM
MJ79
Senior User
MJ79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by knottyrope View Post
need rear drivers side door latch for 95 CC
I have a spare set of doors from a 1990. If that latch will work, I will pull it for you.

Old 04-03-2019, 03:57 PM
knottyrope
Postmaster
knottyrope has a very good reputation on FTE.knottyrope has a very good reputation on FTE.knottyrope has a very good reputation on FTE.
They show it should fit here. Thanks and sending PM
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/198...tinfo/34353CC/

Old 04-03-2019, 04:06 PM
MJ79
Senior User
MJ79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by knottyrope View Post
They show it should fit here. Thanks and sending PM
https://shop.broncograveyard.com/198...tinfo/34353CC/
I will get to pulling it out tomorrow then.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: parts wanted

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: