Notices
1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck

79 f100 short bed build

Old 07-30-2017, 02:08 PM
72rtchallenger
Senior User
72rtchallenger is starting off with a positive reputation.
79 f100 short bed build

Picked this up for $1600 and just starting the rebuild process, a few pictures of what I have to work with , its going to be a long process .

Old 08-03-2017, 07:22 PM
jade79
Elder User
jade79 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Looks good! I'm right there with ya, except mine is a 78 F100 shortbed. I have the bare frame on the lift waiting to do some rust repair of the cab mounting holes just as you have done. As a matter of fact, I even have a new set of Cooper Cobra tires to go on mine as well!

Old 08-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Coleton_henry
Senior User
Coleton_henry is starting off with a positive reputation.
That's probably the coolest bench seat I've ever seen, did he tell you where he got it?

Old 08-03-2017, 08:30 PM
72rtchallenger
Senior User
Originally Posted by Coleton_henry View Post
That's probably the coolest bench seat I've ever seen, did he tell you where he got it?
Somewhere he had it reupholstered ,I would have to dig out reciept but it was in Kentucky around the Danville area . he had the reciept , it was around $500 and looks better up close, one of the reasons I purchased the truck , of course the truck will need repainted some type of blue to match but I like the color

Old 08-03-2017, 08:34 PM
72rtchallenger
Senior User
Originally Posted by jade79 View Post
Looks good! I'm right there with ya, except mine is a 78 F100 shortbed. I have the bare frame on the lift waiting to do some rust repair of the cab mounting holes just as you have done. As a matter of fact, I even have a new set of Cooper Cobra tires to go on mine as well!
Yeah going to go thru suspension an paint frame, should turn out good as only rust is around the frame mounts on frame,,cab is great but needs floor pans only from previous owner bad repair , bed is solid but needs a floor

Old 08-04-2017, 08:28 AM
lafermedavid
Postmaster
lafermedavid is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.lafermedavid is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
good progress ,,,diamond in the rough,,,and its all complete ,,gas tank .cross members your already ahead

Old 08-04-2017, 02:50 PM
meangreen92
Postmaster
meangreen92 has a very good reputation on FTE.meangreen92 has a very good reputation on FTE.meangreen92 has a very good reputation on FTE.meangreen92 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I vote for the stock color. Seat was probably made to match that.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:25 PM
72rtchallenger
Senior User
Originally Posted by meangreen92 View Post
I vote for the stock color. Seat was probably made to match that.
I am leaning towards this color , on this kit Midnight Blue Pearl Basecoat Clearcoat Car Paint Kit - Gallon Base Clear Kit | eBay , its within my budget on this project ,and close to original but not dead on the same color

Old 08-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Coleton_henry
Senior User
Originally Posted by 72rtchallenger View Post
I am leaning towards this color , on this kit Midnight Blue Pearl Basecoat Clearcoat Car Paint Kit - Gallon Base Clear Kit | eBay , its within my budget on this project ,and close to original but not dead on the same color
That's a nice color, stock is great an all but let's face it the colors were so flat back then, I like a little bit of depth, makes the truck look way better

Old 08-04-2017, 03:55 PM
72rtchallenger
Senior User
That's a nice color, stock is great an all but let's face it the colors were so flat back then, I like a little bit of depth, makes the truck look way better
Yeah I want a deeper color as well , and its not a stock build , it will have a 302 an a c6 tranny , none of which are the original to the truck and if I deciphered the rear end tag correctly it came out of a E100 van of the same year but is a 9" ,

Old 08-04-2017, 04:19 PM
Coleton_henry
Senior User
Yeah I want a deeper color as well , and its not a stock build , it will have a 302 an a c6 tranny , none of which are the original to the truck and if I deciphered the rear end tag correctly it came out of a E100 van of the same year but is a 9" ,
Stock is only for the boring people haha

Old 08-04-2017, 04:23 PM
supertuff
Junior User
supertuff is starting off with a positive reputation.
I will be following your progress. I have the paint code if you need it. it is still available. this truck is from Danville as well. cant help on the upholstery, it is cool. there are no auto upholstery shops left in this area that I know of. this one getting ready for paint. should be done in a few weeks. rust proofing frame at this point.
good luck .

Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2017, 04:34 PM
Coleton_henry
Senior User
Originally Posted by supertuff View Post
I will be following your progress. I have the paint code if you need it. it is still available. this truck is from Danville as well. cant help on the upholstery, it is cool. there are no auto upholstery shops left in this area that I know of. this one getting ready for paint. should be done in a few weeks. rust proofing frame at this point.
good luck .
That grill would look sweet painted like this

Attached Images  
Old 08-04-2017, 04:42 PM
72rtchallenger
Senior User
That grill would look sweet painted like this
I like the grill , I might do that instead of chrome

Old 08-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Coleton_henry
Senior User
I like the grill , I might do that instead of chrome
Im gonna do my grill like that and then chrome the anodized metal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 79 f100 short bed build

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.