Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

1975 F-250 Supercab shortbed Barn Find: Lifted 2wd Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 11:46 AM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks STC, the 2wd's are on on the front. I found and bought a set of the 76-77 D44 3/4 4x4 caliper brackets to do the all ford dual piston disc's out back

Old 08-19-2017, 01:50 PM
somethingclever
Cargo Master
Received 188 Likes on 135 Posts
Originally Posted by mofoco1
Thanks STC, the 2wd's are on on the front. I found and bought a set of the 76-77 D44 3/4 4x4 caliper brackets to do the all ford dual piston disc's out back
Nice! Is it bolt on or do you have to redrill to D60 pattern?

Old 08-19-2017, 07:01 PM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
Redrilling 4 holes on each bracket. Rest is bolt up.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:00 AM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
Well it's been a hectic couple of days trying to get parts starting on the parts install that having to stop because of some stupid thing anyways it turns out that I had to turn in three different brake boosters because there was one issue or another on two of them finally got the correct one and tried to install it did so it turns out that it doesn't have the push rod bushing for the special bolt that goes through it and bolts up to the brake pedal arm. That and the accordion seal between the firewall and the brake booster was also too short and didn't seal at all so I had to get another one to replace that but got it all installed it was all painted up and got the master cylinder hooked up on do it as well I was starting to bend up lines tonight and it turns out that I've got two shorter ones so I'm going to buy some new sticks tomorrow and start it all over again on that did get one of the battery trays installed as well

New MC / remanu. Booster

Old 08-24-2017, 02:09 PM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
Found. Thanks gearfather.

Well, to those that say hens teeth don't exist or unattainable or Obsolete, here they go.1976-77 3/4 d44 , 4.125" center holed 4x4 dual piston caliper brackets to do my rear d60 all Ford parts dual piston conversion.( I know it doesn't have e-brake capability). vendor gearfather hooked me up with a set sitting on his shelf, thanks to his sharp eyes and astute forethought in saving these. I will clean them up and prep them for the up coming rear disc brake conversion on the d60.
I will probably do an e-brake like this on the 2wd as no transmission mount is available that I could find(unless I install a dummy transfercase and install like I will on the 73 4x4 crewcab.

Yes I know that's not a d60 but a 9", but the idea is similar.

on a 205 like it will be installed on the Crewcab

TC mount on a 205

Old 08-24-2017, 06:38 PM
rougeriver
Fleet Mechanic
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
****, congrats on those brackets! I'm green with envy! Way to go gearfather!

David

Old 08-24-2017, 08:32 PM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
Thx David, yeah Thx to gearfather I am that further ahead on the rear disc conversion. People always ask why I bother, cause it works I tell em and it's all Ford, I can go to any parts house and at best it's a day away with shipping.
I am considering having my machinist take measurements to see if he can make a mounting circle and cut the bracket off the other years then rewelded and finish it so as to not be at the mercy of such low production items such as these.

So if I have this circular outline machined to match, I can have another one made that has a wider lip like these and a 4.125" center hole, then cut off that section on the newer brackets have them welded on as long it's a dual-piston caliper bracket it should work.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:51 PM
rougeriver
Fleet Mechanic
I'd be all over that! Such a great idea! I want a set of these brackets for my F350 SCCS too!
In the meantime, I'm going to be on the hunt for some of these, might check with gearfather, but I bet you got his only set, you lucky dog! Lol!

David

Old 08-25-2017, 12:54 AM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
Not sure if there is any $ to be made on them as machining is $$( as it's gotta be worth the machinist time, comprende?), If I could get a pattern and have them water jetted, it might make more sense. Then if people had the more easily found brackets, they could have theirs modified get a set of these have them welded up and not have to search for hens teeth( I wanted a bolt on and these are what they are, I really didn't want to weld any brackets on, so modified ones would kind of be bolt on , right?). That's me just running at the mouth though. I guess it was meant to be though, found a new set of performance pads, speed bleeder for these sitting inside the truck as well as 2 sets of Stainless Steel braid lines with the correct fittings on them already( they were too short for the front, but perfect for the rears)! I forgot I had bought doubles Just gotta order the calipers and rotors, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah!!

Old 08-25-2017, 01:37 AM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
I got the MC to Prop valve lines bent up today. I hate adapters on the MC's so I sought out the old school fittings like Ford originally used.

Decent tools make life much easier( I know the benders a HF special, but so).

Glad I ponied up the $ back when Craftsman was actually made in the USA. Double flairing goodness.

Fini! and looks cleaner without the adapters I think!

Old 10-31-2017, 12:01 AM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
After a hiatus finishing the 75 F100 build for my youngest boy, it's finally been finished, shipped and received. It's now with him while attending school in Alabama.
Proud Blue Oval owner. 2 long years. The grin is priceless as it was just unload off the transport!

Old 10-31-2017, 12:30 AM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
I get to start on my build again!!!!!

So the 75 F100's gone, went with the son and got some metal this morning, and restarted my 75.
I modified the new Fuel tank sending unit to work in the new 38 gallon tank.Not fancy but will work. Some Stainless steel rod and a couple of furrels in a vise makes for a rust free longer float rod.

Son welded up the EEV hole on the the tank, I am going to install a drain in the sump, since we can. I am going to use Bronco straps instead o the supplied, longer bolts and spacers.

Removed the hitch and removing this boat anchor.

Mocking up where the contour bumper is going to be mounted. Also how much the old hitch will need to be raised to sit right below the bumper. As it sits the bumper is going up another 1.5" and angled to fit the body line. I am making new brackets to accomplish this.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:32 PM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
Ordered the front calipers for the rear disc conversion. Need to order the new rotors tonight.

Old 11-01-2017, 11:05 PM
rougeriver
Fleet Mechanic
Can't wait to see you do this conversion, Mo. Take lot's of pics as you go. I'm going to be doing this exact same job on mine.

David

Old 11-01-2017, 11:38 PM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
Now that I am finished with the sons truck, I will start hitting it. Sadly it won't go as timely as I had hoped, as work has picked up and will probably stay like that till after the New Year. That and the pending time change sucks. I will document Dave, as i plan on doing the same with the Crewcab unless I decide on doing the van rear end swap. I don't really want the drum emergency brake, but the fact the axle is actually beefier than ours has it's merits and the E brake is a plus.

Quick Reply: 1975 F-250 Supercab shortbed Barn Find: Lifted 2wd Build