New JVC Android Auto Head Unit Speakers Amp And Sub

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 02:49 AM
jp267
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New JVC Android Auto Head Unit Speakers Amp And Sub

Well I finally got sick of the stock radio in my 06 250 XL. I decided to try an Android Auto touchscreen head unit and settled on a JVC KW-M730BT. It was a really rough start, but now I love it. I added a 4 channel 75w amp and an 8in 125w powered MTX sub. I swapped the stock speakers with closeout three way Pioneers from Walmart.

For the first week or so the JVC HU would randomly restart or kill Android Auto. It sucked if you were using Maps to navigate on the HU. Missed so many turns...So I pulled everything apart again and swapped the Metra harness for.a Scoche harness. Soldered all of the connections again and added a parking brake defeat circuit.

Finally, it's working as it should. Android Auto while not flawless is pretty awesome. It's cool being able to just tell it "Play Sugar Magnolia by the Grateful Dead on Spotify" and have it do it. Or tell it to text someone and dictate the text. Google maps on a HU is great. I have SiriusXM. You're able to control Spotify and Pandora independent of Android Auto or within. Calls and texts pop up on screen. And I technically could watch movies etc. but don't care much for that. Hooking up a backup camera tomorrow.

The system sounds great and I'm amazed how easy Ford makes it to install everything. There's grommets in the floor in the firewall the panels and dash come apart easy.Theres a nice cabling channel under the door jambs.Really was amazed.

Anyway, thought I would share my experience.If anyone needs harness pinouts wiring diagrams etc for an '06 SD let me know.Happy to provide them. Or any questions on wire routing, Android Auto etc. feel free to ask.I post a photo or two of the unit tomorrow.