Toy Hauler Fuel Tank Sizes? - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Toy Hauler Fuel Tank Sizes?

Old 08-10-2017, 08:10 AM
Postmaster

HRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to behold
I'm running non-Ethanol fuel in my toy hauler. I go out of my way (but not too far) to buy that.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:02 AM
Postmaster

HRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to beholdHRTKD is a splendid one to behold
I finally got around to measuring the fuel tank that the generator pulls from. The outside dimensions yield a 35 gallon volume. Based on that I'm going with the brochure's specification of a 30 gallon generator-specific tank. The spec of an 18 gallon tank for the toys is probably correct also.

Since the fuel gauge was on empty and only 18 gallons would go in the tank, I'm going to assume that my gauge isn't quite right and on empty I have 12 gallons left. That's going to be a lot of fun on my next outing which is scheduled to last 11 days in late fall/early winter conditions.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Senior User

rwtdct is starting off with a positive reputation.
My toy hauler has one fuel tank for toys and generator, 35 gallons. I have a Polaris RZR XP4 1000, when I go to the desert, on average I will fill it twice = approx. 16 gallons. I have solar along with a power inverter so I very rarely use my generator. Of coarse the AC, microwave and some cloudy days will call for my generator. Fuel has never been an issue.

Toy hauler fuel tank are designed to where they will not completely fill up. It's to leave room for expansion, hot days.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:18 PM
Post Fiend

Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.Big-Foot has a spectacular reputation.
My toy hauler should be called a tanker....
42 gallons of gas
150 gal fresh water
60 gal black water
2 - 35 gal grey tanks
Old 10-12-2017, 11:53 AM
Senior User

xrated is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
My TH has a single 42 gallon tank.
The one enemy we all have with partially filled tanks is condensation. Newer traiers may be different but -- Since these are not motor vehicles, they are probably all vented to the atmosphere rather than running through some sort of vapor recovery system.
Oxygenated fuels don't keep well and if the fuel has any ethanol in it, it will suck water out of the air at an alarming rate..
I can't speak for all brands and/or models, but my 2017 Keystone Fuzion Impact 303 has one 30 gallon tank and there IS an evap canister that the tank vent is connected to. Last year at winterization time, I filled the tank and added the appropriate amount of Stabil to it. Fuel was fine this past spring.

And just as a reference point, I ran the Onan 5500 for 24/25 hours and it consumed approx. 1/2 gallon/per hour.....A/C cycling on and off, refrigerator running, fresh coffee in the morning, etc. YMMV.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Elder User

Paw's 150 Lariat is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Paw's 150 Lariat is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
I can't speak for all brands and/or models, but my 2017 Keystone Fuzion Impact 303 has one 30 gallon tank and there IS an evap canister that the tank vent is connected to. Last year at winterization time, I filled the tank and added the appropriate amount of Stabil to it. Fuel was fine this past spring.

And just as a reference point, I ran the Onan 5500 for 24/25 hours and it consumed approx. 1/2 gallon/per hour.....A/C cycling on and off, refrigerator running, fresh coffee in the morning, etc. YMMV.
I get to cut grass at the house year round so I use my fueling station tank to fuel up my zero turn mower plus fueling up the Polaris if I want to ride around the house. Even the ethanol fuel lasts a few months with no problem. Fuzion 371 here.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:46 AM
Senior User

BCooke has a good reputation on FTE.BCooke has a good reputation on FTE.
Big Foot...
I'm with you.
160 gallons of water + 10 gallon water heater
30 gas for toys
30 gas for generator
96 black
96 gray
I can almost go over weight just on virgin liquids.