99 Superduty Rear Speaker install

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 04:38 PM
HHMillwrights
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99 Superduty Rear Speaker install

Hey everyone.

I have a 99 F450 single cab and I am in the middle of upgrading my audio system.

I have no rear speakers, but there is a grill & holes to mount one. I have already purchased speakers for it, but looking for a little direction on how to wire them in.

There is no wiring harness, so I will be running all new wires. I have a Kenwood double din head unit.

Do I just wire them into the front door speakers? Or do I go to the head unit somehow?

If there is already a thread about this could someone link me?

Thank you all for any help.

Old 07-28-2017, 03:21 AM
jp267
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HHMillwrights
Hey everyone.

I have a 99 F450 single cab and I am in the middle of upgrading my audio system.

I have no rear speakers, but there is a grill & holes to mount one. I have already purchased speakers for it, but looking for a little direction on how to wire them in.

There is no wiring harness, so I will be running all new wires. I have a Kenwood double din head unit.

Do I just wire them into the front door speakers? Or do I go to the head unit somehow?

If there is already a thread about this could someone link me?

Thank you all for any help.
Mine didn't have rear speakers either but the wiring was there.it had fallen down in the body. Check in the hole where the speaker should be with a flashlight. If there is wiring I would suggest an aftermarket harness to connect double din head unit then theoretically you could run speaker cable to the after market harness. Grainger sells solder shrink but connectors which are amazing. Use them to splice into the aftermarket harnes and connect the two wires. If no rear wiring your new speakers should have wiring so just splice the speaker cable to the ones that came with the speakers and match the polarity. Your aftermarket harness will have color coded wires imprinted with speaker position and polaity. So then you just need to be sure you are splicing the correct speaker cables to the corresponding wires on the aftermarket harness. Hope that makes sense!