Anybody deal with Barry Rabotnick?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 04:46 PM
1972RedNeck
Logistics Pro
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by abyars111
Thanks, Barry, for posting. Your knowledge is welcome here. We truck guys need a professional engine builder on here sometimes.
Agreed. Even if you don't post too much, if you log on somewhat regularly, PM's can take care of the commercial side. I may try to get in touch with you in the near future about a set of heads and intake.

Old 07-04-2017, 01:11 AM
Daveycracky
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the thread, and thanks Barry for showing up. I've been lurking around the FE Power forum as well for a bit and seen some of the supplier issues both develop and resolve there too. Enough that it'll be Barry I call after my repower and I get the funds to trick the 390 coming out of my truck. Poop happens and so far as I can tell he deals with it conscientiously. I'll be sure to plan ahead, as that build will be naturally.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:53 AM
bigfoot22
Tuned
Received 30 Likes on 9 Posts
Bad for business is what it's sounding and looking like. Regardless of lack of parts or having problems with customers, It shouldn't take 4 or more weeks to get back to the customer. If you are having problems with the customer, send them somewhere else. Credit card shouldn't have been charged until parts shipped also. Just making a statement. Not bashing Barry in any way. Not meaning to anyway. Calling like it is. I'm out.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:00 PM
Russ74
Senior User
Quick update

I got all my parts and everything was 100% top notch! Build is underway. Thanks for all your help Barry.

Old 10-24-2017, 10:31 AM
'65Ford
Cargo Master
Received 252 Likes on 182 Posts
Build is underway? Looks about buttoned up ! Glad it worked out with Barry. He's known for putting out good stuff though sometimes it seems he gets overwhelmed.

Old 10-17-2018, 10:50 AM
ford1957
New User
Originally Posted by Russ74
Just wondering if anyone here has bought parts from Barry at Survival Motorsports. I paid for a his Prison Break stroker kit 4 months ago and still haven't received anything. Last word I heard was a month ago where I was told "I will get something together in a couple of days". Not trying to bash anyone or give a bad report. I've been told Barry is the best. Just wondering I'm the norm or the exception.
I ordered pistons from mr rabotnik september 2015 he replyed on my email within hours and then sent me an invoice through paypal witch I payed right away after that no more comunication he dont answer his phone or reply on any emails tried many times, I also heard what a great guy he is never expected to get scammed since I payed with paypal tried to get my money back but by the time I made the claim 180 days had past so my 982 $ is still in his pockets.
He claims to have 1 million in sales on his linkedin page how can that be with absolutly no customer service what so ever must be hard to run a business whitout talking to people

Old 10-17-2018, 09:57 PM
yellow truck
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ford1957
I ordered pistons from mr rabotnik september 2015 he replyed on my email within hours and then sent me an invoice through paypal witch I payed right away after that no more comunication he dont answer his phone or reply on any emails tried many times, I also heard what a great guy he is never expected to get scammed since I payed with paypal tried to get my money back but by the time I made the claim 180 days had past so my 982 $ is still in his pockets.
He claims to have 1 million in sales on his linkedin page how can that be with absolutly no customer service what so ever must be hard to run a business whitout talking to people
Join the forum, make only one post in reply to a thread that has been inactive for a year and slag a vendor.

Curious.

Old 10-29-2018, 10:34 PM
johnkn
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jQJL...ature=youtu.be

I normally visit the Expedition section but ill just leave this here... Barry built my all original CJ motor using almost all original correct parts (original block, crank, rods, original stock Holley 735, original single point distributor with yellow top coil, original cast iron CJ intake, etc. My goal for my 1968.5 car was 450 hp through the restrictive stock exhaust manifolds and that's exactly what it produced, along with 479 ft/lbs of torque. My experiance with Barry was stellar.

Old 09-11-2022, 02:29 AM
EwoutB
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Russ74
Just wondering if anyone here has bought parts from Barry at Survival Motorsports. I paid for a his Prison Break stroker kit 4 months ago and still haven't received anything. Last word I heard was a month ago where I was told "I will get something together in a couple of days". Not trying to bash anyone or give a bad report. I've been told Barry is the best. Just wondering I'm the norm or the exception.
I regret to say I have the same issue: I ordered a stroker kit for my 390 FE in Feb 2020, and paid by wire transfer. On the same order I ordered a number of standard engine parts, oil pan, water pump, oil pump, ignition, windage tray, gasket kit etc. In May 2021 (!) I fonally got the stroker kit shipped. Initially I thought it would be the coomplete order, but on reception in the Netherlands I found out it was just the stroker kit. So I got back to Barry, asking him for the rest of the parts. Got an answer: "I will have you taken care of". but no subsequent shpment of these parts. When checking on the Summit Racing site, they have all the parts I need for roughly the same prices. I texted this to Barry, and asked him to send the parts or give me a refund for the remaining amount ($1.700). No answer anymore..... I really don't know what to do now! I do not want to soil anyone's reputation, but I DO want to build my engine!

Old 09-12-2022, 07:41 AM
'65Ford
Cargo Master
Received 252 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by EwoutB
I regret to say I have the same issue: I ordered a stroker kit for my 390 FE in Feb 2020, and paid by wire transfer. On the same order I ordered a number of standard engine parts, oil pan, water pump, oil pump, ignition, windage tray, gasket kit etc. In May 2021 (!) I fonally got the stroker kit shipped. Initially I thought it would be the coomplete order, but on reception in the Netherlands I found out it was just the stroker kit. So I got back to Barry, asking him for the rest of the parts. Got an answer: "I will have you taken care of". but no subsequent shpment of these parts. When checking on the Summit Racing site, they have all the parts I need for roughly the same prices. I texted this to Barry, and asked him to send the parts or give me a refund for the remaining amount ($1.700). No answer anymore..... I really don't know what to do now! I do not want to soil anyone's reputation, but I DO want to build my engine!
Barry rarely (if ever) visits this forum anymore. If you've waited more than two years on parts that are available with other vendors, then you probably need to find a legal advisor.

Old 09-29-2022, 04:14 PM
624WD
More Turbo
Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
I have seen this with other small business specialty rebuilders. And, I have been ripped off by the same issues of paying up front and not receiving anything, or communications are non-existing and it’s like chasing after a bunch of false promises and high hopes.

There are those that see only the business owner/ vendor side and don’t see that it’s just bad business to take money, delay and not communicate, not follow-through, and take it for granted that the customer has to deal with the stress and uncertainty. not only are you giving money for labor, parts, and skill - but you are also paying for trust, good business practices, and quality results.

Some spend the money on other customer projects while using delay tactics and making false promises or simply lies while they work to finish and buy parts fir the other customers. Seen that been there; bad businessman playing with your patience and hard earned money.

Seems like some are given a free pass to practice this way. That sentiment just does not make sense and disrespects honest, hard working and paying customers who have reasonable expectations for the service thay paid for.

but - after going through headaches like this with others - I run in the other direction now. Period. It quite simply is not good business when it’s one-sided, and not worth the headaches for the consumer. Sometimes…the consumer is put in a position to be a reluctant warrior…and if I find myself getting even a whiff of something being off.. the Warrior comes out. No tolerance for this kind of u know what.

Being polite to these folks is noble and all of that … but why are they putting you in a place where you have to practice civility and spend energy in hopes you get your parts or money back? It quite simply is not right. They need to be up front, communicate, and quit putting people in awkward places. The customer should not fear losing their money because a feather may be ruffled or because it’s convenient for the vendor.

Russ74 glad to see it eventually worked out - but you shouldn’t have to be put in this position and need to post a check in here, when u exhausted attempts to get in touch with him.

I’m happy and sorry for you at the same time. Sorry that it gets to the point of aggravation…Engine looks great!

Old 09-29-2022, 04:34 PM
Viper Pilot
GM Refugee
Received 379 Likes on 261 Posts
^This. Extremely well stated. I have been in that position before and I swore I would never do it again, hence why I made the choices that I did with my build instead of going the way I initially wanted do. Do your research folks. I'll leave it at that.