Joy Rider Shock Kit - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Joy Rider Shock Kit

Old 06-15-2017, 12:15 PM
Freshman User

posaune is starting off with a positive reputation.
Joy Rider Shock Kit

I am considering adding the joy rider shock kit to my Nash 23D (26', 7,000lbs) this season, and would like some feedback from the group.

We will be doing more boondocking this season, including taking the trailer to hunting camp (about an hour of Forrest service roads). My concern for adding the shocks is more for structural protection (cabinets, plumbing, slide out, suspension, etc.), rather than towing performance on paved roads or a smooth ride for contents.

I am a very conservative driver on back roads, no tearing up equipment by driving too fast. But those roads are rough by the end of the season!

Will the $600 cost (parts only) give appreciable protection?

I also plan on taking extra springs, shackles, spare tire as backwoods insurance.
Old 06-16-2017, 09:13 PM
Post Fiend

RV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by posaune View Post
I am considering adding the joy rider shock kit to my Nash 23D (26', 7,000lbs) this season, and would like some feedback from the group.

We will be doing more boondocking this season, including taking the trailer to hunting camp (about an hour of Forrest service roads). My concern for adding the shocks is more for structural protection (cabinets, plumbing, slide out, suspension, etc.), rather than towing performance on paved roads or a smooth ride for contents.

I am a very conservative driver on back roads, no tearing up equipment by driving too fast. But those roads are rough by the end of the season!

Will the $600 cost (parts only) give appreciable protection?

I also plan on taking extra springs, shackles, spare tire as backwoods insurance.
The first thought that came to mind is reducing your speed should eliminate the need for modifications and carrying so many parts.

Steve
Old 06-16-2017, 10:24 PM
Freshman User

posaune is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yep, maybe I'll just invest that money in another case of adult beverage
Old 06-17-2017, 06:43 AM
World Famous Mod

WE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputationWE3ZS has a superb reputation
You might want to contact Nash directly, they built a lot of their TTs with shocks, so they may have a setup that is cheaper and would fit like factory equipment.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:54 PM
Senior User

The John is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
We use our trailer for hunting and boondocking here in the PNW.

I dont have shocks on my TT, but I usually run slow and dont travel down really nasty roads with my 21URS outback. I haven't had any issues other than clearing branches and adding material to unavoidable super deep pot holes.