New Member Introductions New to FTE? Introduce yourself here!

Greetings From Okleeehoma! Where the wind sweeps the F450s away...

Old 06-10-2017, 01:43 AM
Spitwad
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings From Okleeehoma! Where the wind sweeps the F450s away...

Hi Ya'll,

Well, I live in a small town just a opossum's throw from Oklahoma City called Tuttle U.S.A. Those not familiar with the area might have heard it called by its more formal name, "God's Country."

Anywho, I'm one of those vets that got deployed and redeployed for more than 8 years, traveled to 46 countries (a good portion of those many times), and have been to 49 states. With all that travel experience, I still get lost in the front yard on the lawn mower. Somehow I managed to squeeze in 20 years before they figured out I was completely broken and should have retired 4 years before I joined the service.

I don't know if I should be a member (I'm 56 and I still picture Beavis and Butthead laughing every time someone says this word--it's GOT to be my meds) yet or not. I ordered my LOADED 2017 F450 Platinum on 5/18 and I have received NO information on the status of the order (no VIN, etc) I think I would feel more like a member if I had an actual truck instead of looking at the FORDography pictures you guys post. My wife keep banging on the bathroom door and asking me what I'm doing and why I'm taking so long. I can't help it if you guys post high resolution pictures and our country *%% internet is so slow.

New guy question... I see there are state chapters and such. Is there a annual national meet and greet? I thought it might be cool to meet up in Kentucky (sometime in the summer?) to have a show and shine, put some names with some faces, swap a few lies, sell/exchange parts, support the local community (hotels, food, ...), etc. This would also be a very good time to do a factory tour and thank the workers who build our trucks and show them that we really do appreciate that little bit of extra effort they put in that puts Ford quality above the rest. Too much?

That's all I'm gonna say about me.

Old 06-11-2017, 03:08 AM
1 Alibi 2
Senior User
Welcome to the site.
Too early for a VIN, ask your salesman for a DORA, that may be available.

Old 06-11-2017, 09:27 PM
Spitwad
Freshman User
I'd love to, but I'm 2000 miles away from the dealership right now. I had to fly to Oregon for a family medical issue... I hope to get some type of update while I'm here.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:04 AM
1Aauto
Former Vendor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for joining, it's great to have you here

Tony