A Newbies Reflection, Thank You, and Replace/Reseal Thread: HPOP, UpPipes, Fuel Bowl, Turbo - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A Newbies Reflection, Thank You, and Replace/Reseal Thread: HPOP, UpPipes, Fuel Bowl, Turbo

Old 06-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Posting Guru

AllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to beholdAllaboutMPG is a splendid one to behold
Oh yeah BdgrduckHntr, Really nice write up and good work. We always Love pictures.
Old 06-12-2017, 06:56 PM
Junior User

BdgrDuckHntr is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Sous;17253078]In regards to the top side creeper, I made my own from a picture a saw online. As you can see below, it is simply 2 pieces of 2x12 screwed together then bicycle hangers from Home Depot spaced far enough apart to go through the front tow hooks. This allows me to move from side to side and lean over the front easily and stores in the rafters/attic of my garage when not needed. The 2x12 was scrap and the hooks were about a dollar, so for 2 bucks I made my life much easier.
This is a great idea! Not sure if you can tell for the little profile pic, so here is a bigger shot, I do have the Manik brush guard. Really helps getting on top of the truck. I usually try to protect the chrome with a towel, but those hooks are nice!

Quote:
I removed the tubing and solenoid altogether and came up with this look.
How did you delete the solenoid? You dont need it? I guess I am not familiar with its function.

Quote:
You can try and source a new nut to fit on the IPR, but I think your best course of action is the method Crap Harvester posted.
Found these at the hardware store, $.49 Ill put one on and see if it stays. Ill let you guys know how it goes. 1/2" x 20.

Quote:
There are several methods here, a breaker bar on the crank pulley bolt and use the ground as a stop, a method to keep the belt from turning, etc...
that bolt is reverse threaded, yes?

Quote:
This was one of the first things I did and it made a noticeable difference.
Noticeable performance difference?
Old 06-12-2017, 07:18 PM
Senior User

Skydivelout is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Awesome write up, think you had an unfair advantage though looking at the condition of your truck when you started was it new lol
Old 06-15-2017, 01:52 PM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydivelout View Post
Awesome write up, think you had an unfair advantage though looking at the condition of your truck when you started was it new lol
This truck took me about 9 months to find. In there I bought and sold a silverado because it was a pile. I definitely started with a nice canvas.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:43 PM
Junior User

Just got my Blackstone Labs Oil Report back. Pretty happy about it. Probably doesn't get much better, right?

Old 06-19-2017, 03:48 PM
Postmaster

Sous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud of
I agree, I would be very happy with that report as well.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:47 AM
Junior User

Just a little update here. Both the tin nut and my new 1/2x20 hardware store replacement nut keep falling off, seems like within just miles of me putting them on.

I put a little dab of RTV on the nut and threaded it on. We will see if this holds up.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:23 AM
Polkamatic Poster

ExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BdgrDuckHntr View Post
Just a little update here. Both the tin nut and my new 1/2x20 hardware store replacement nut keep falling off, seems like within just miles of me putting them on.

I put a little dab of RTV on the nut and threaded it on. We will see if this holds up.
Sounds like you might be putting the nut on backwards?

If you look at the tin nut, it should look like the hole for the threads is pushed through the nut, with little "legs" pushed in one direction. Those legs should be pointing AWAY from the IPR.

If it is backwards, it's just like a trim nut, it can be pushed and the nut legs slip over the threads, jumping a thread or two. Flip it over and it is fairly firm.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:48 AM
Junior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPACamper View Post
Sounds like you might be putting the nut on backwards?

If you look at the tin nut, it should look like the hole for the threads is pushed through the nut, with little "legs" pushed in one direction. Those legs should be pointing AWAY from the IPR.

If it is backwards, it's just like a trim nut, it can be pushed and the nut legs slip over the threads, jumping a thread or two. Flip it over and it is fairly firm.
I believe I put it on correctly after reinstall. It came off rather quickly, then I put it on the other way, no luck either. And then one more time the right way with a little more 'finger tightness'. No Luck.

I only have about 25 miles on the new setup - new 1/2x20 nut with some RTV - after today I should have 60 or more miles on it and will give it a look see.