2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Carli Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 05:58 PM
OR2BAJA
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They have worked with eibach in the past. I think betts is better setup for size of coils required and quantity. Eibach probably gets a look for coil overs.

Old 06-18-2017, 09:14 PM
Josh Richter
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey folks, I have a 2017 superduty but am really contemplating getting a raptor for a few different reasons. Would anyone care to compare the carli pintop system to the raptor suspension? I understand the inherent differences off road, I am more interested in how they differ on road. Thanks much.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:19 PM
Joneser5000
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well I dropped off my truck today for a Carli Pintop install. I pick up the truck Friday morning. Pretty excited.

I chose to go with the full Deaver springs plus I added air bags. I am hoping that the air bags will not affect the ride negatively.

I spoke to CJC Offroad and I understand they shipped out a few kits to customers a few weeks ago. I would have hoped we heard back from some of those people by now.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:22 PM
Joneser5000
Senior User
Originally Posted by Josh Richter
Hey folks, I have a 2017 superduty but am really contemplating getting a raptor for a few different reasons. Would anyone care to compare the carli pintop system to the raptor suspension? I understand the inherent differences off road, I am more interested in how they differ on road. Thanks much.
If you are in Socal I am pretty sure we can get someone with a Raptor to let us test the difference. I would be willing to help and provide the Carli test vehicle. However, we would be testing a 8k beast F350 LB to a much lighter F150 SB. Still would be interesting to see.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:22 PM
OR2BAJA
Senior User
Full deavers are the best upgrade, you will enjoy it. As far airbags are concerned it's a non issue. They are designed to work together nicely.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:26 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Oh man, excited for you Joneser!

OR2BAJA is right, those back deavers are some straight up Wizardry. If I werent towing so much I would have them in a heart beat. Did you have to get the long travel bags, or does regular Firestone bags with Daystar buckets work? Mind me asking how much the bags were...if I remember correctly I think it was like $750?

Old 06-21-2017, 05:38 PM
f350ktm
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Joneser5000
Well I dropped off my truck today for a Carli Pintop install. I pick up the truck Friday morning. Pretty excited.

I chose to go with the full Deaver springs plus I added air bags. I am hoping that the air bags will not affect the ride negatively.

I spoke to CJC Offroad and I understand they shipped out a few kits to customers a few weeks ago. I would have hoped we heard back from some of those people by now.
Mine goes in next week, sounds like the exact same setup as yours.

In preparation for the new setup I have flipped axles and lifted my 5th wheel 5.5 inches. I am crossing fingers that I got my calculations right to keep truck and trailer both level.

Also I am going to have the installer leave the fill line for the air bags hanging as I am going to install my own ARB compressor and tanks as I use air for more than the air bags themselves.

I'll post again as I get the truck back and get things settled in to report results for success/failure issues that show up from the mods.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:39 PM
OR2BAJA
Senior User
On the dodge the airbags come out with two bolts.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:47 PM
Joneser5000
Senior User
Originally Posted by Tricon
Oh man, excited for you Joneser!

OR2BAJA is right, those back deavers are some straight up Wizardry. If I werent towing so much I would have them in a heart beat. Did you have to get the long travel bags, or does regular Firestone bags with Daystar buckets work? Mind me asking how much the bags were...if I remember correctly I think it was like $750?
I purchased the regular size Airlift 5000 Ultimate bags with the wireless controls. I read a few negative post regarding the wireless controller. Crossing my fingers hoping that I don't have any issues. I am guessing that I don't need the long travel bags but I don't know for sure. I plan on hitching up the trailer here pretty soon to see how the truck handles it. I have a couple trips coming up and I don't want any surprises while on the road.

I sent you a PM as well

Old 06-21-2017, 06:05 PM
Joneser5000
Senior User
Originally Posted by f350ktm
Mine goes in next week, sounds like the exact same setup as yours.

In preparation for the new setup I have flipped axles and lifted my 5th wheel 5.5 inches. I am crossing fingers that I got my calculations right to keep truck and trailer both level.

Also I am going to have the installer leave the fill line for the air bags hanging as I am going to install my own ARB compressor and tanks as I use air for more than the air bags themselves.

I'll post again as I get the truck back and get things settled in to report results for success/failure issues that show up from the mods.

Very cool!!

I wanted to install an on board air system with a 2.5 gal tank but its not in the budget for this year.

Please please post up pics of your truck once its all done. I am especially interested in where and how your mount your OBA system

Old 07-05-2017, 12:55 PM
3baddogs
Freshman User
Carli + Fox

@tricon, I really like your setup w the Fox shox. I have a raptor as well and for whatever reason am partial to Fox.

I just picked up a F350 and did a 7 day 3300mi road trip. Its stiff and bumpy. Looks like Im doing the full spring packs and bags.

Did you buy the Carli stuff from Carli?

Any more pics?

Pat

Old 07-05-2017, 01:14 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by 3baddogs
@tricon, I really like your setup w the Fox shox. I have a raptor as well and for whatever reason am partial to Fox.

I just picked up a F350 and did a 7 day 3300mi road trip. Its stiff and bumpy. Looks like Im doing the full spring packs and bags.

Did you buy the Carli stuff from Carli?

Any more pics?

Pat

I bought the Carli stuff from CJC Offroad. I still haven't gotten the rear pack yet. I'm sort of flip-flopping between the rear add-a-packs and full deavers w/ air bags. I hate to take away from the truck payload, but thats really the only way to get that soft supple ride in the back.

Here's some pics for ya:

Yes, I can go offroading just .8 miles from my house in those hills back there

Old 07-05-2017, 02:35 PM
3baddogs
Freshman User
Looks really good, well done!

Thanks for the pics. are those 18" wheels?

Old 07-05-2017, 03:57 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Thanks, loving this truck. Those Fox shocks make me smile every time I drive

Yea, the stock XLT wheels with General Grabber 35x12.50R18s on em.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:02 AM
FGallagher
Junior User
Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh Richter
Whole different animals... A raptor will be far more supple on the road but it boasts an embarrassing max payload of 1,000lbs.

A Carli equipped Super Duty will still ride like a truck. Sharp edges will be rounded, control will increase drastically but it will not turn it into a squishy half-ton.

I think the Raptor would have it on road and off. A fully equipped Pintop would likely keep up (and i think a 2017 XLT + Pintop Kit is about the same as a raptor, lol) but the decision is easy for those that want a truck that will maintain usability as a truck and actually haul something, or want the diesel.

Heard a new Raptor on the Freeway yesterday with an exhaust; thought it was a civic... Mother of God, what were they thinking? If it had a Supercharged 5.0; it would be a hard decision between the SD and Raptor (until I saw they cost the same).

The following users liked this post:

Quick Reply: Carli Suspension