A fistfull of jailbars

Old 05-16-2017, 09:23 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
After I use my best ones on the woodie I will have a pretty good fistful of decent ones left over and Bernette, they will be heading your way. With your skills you can tweak them into perfect. I need perfect ones to start with because I have no skills in metal straightening. Honestly I had thought of making a set from wood at one point, but the shape is complex. I do however have the straightest set of tonner panel running boards on the planet. Just keep the termites at bay.

Old 05-16-2017, 09:34 PM
bernette
Cargo Master
Received 138 Likes on 99 Posts
thanks gary! when ever your ready! i will at some point install the ones i have on my grille and post a picture on my tread. bed time here talk later!

Old 05-17-2017, 08:47 AM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I vote keep it, looks great. Around here most of the deer hits come just before sundown or at night. Except for these stupid town deer. Humans aren't the only species who lose their situational awareness from living in town.

Old 05-18-2017, 07:35 PM
38 coupe
Cargo Master
Received 109 Likes on 57 Posts
I like the grill guard.
Off topic, is that an AA wheel (the blue one)?

Old 05-19-2017, 11:14 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by 38 coupe
I like the grill guard.
Off topic, is that an AA wheel (the blue one)?
Yes, I have owned three AA trucks, the last one with the early wires. I kept this wheel around as an object d'art when I traded off the AA a couple years ago. I miss that old girl. Here it is with my pig roaster in tow.

Attached Images   
Old 05-20-2017, 08:42 AM
tacomacream
Fleet Mechanic
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
I like the grille guard! I think it would only be useful when you take the ferry. A "bumper".

Old 05-21-2017, 07:25 PM
white 66
Laughing Gas
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Nice old 40 GB

Originally Posted by GB SISSON
I like your guard. I'm still on the fence about mine. Maybe too many lines in all directions. Our deer are the size of dogs. Inbred island deer.....
Might need to pester you for parts off of the 40 section.

Old 05-22-2017, 12:00 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
My wife was off island for the weekend so I started early and ended late nand got some stuff done. I had a wool cloth seat that had been re-done that came with my purchase/trade of four jailbar trucks. It was wrapped in plastic and I wasn't sure I'd ever use it because it would get so filthy out here. Well since it was just sitting there I stuck it in the tonner PU after I finished the tranny swap. Then I installed the tinman blue hood after I painted it with the Ace hardware primer and satin whipped apricot trim. Oh and I rebuilt the carb on the front fender. Took 3 carbs and a kit to get what I wanted. I think I was inspired my Zippi's new interior so that's why I pulled that seat out. My wife loves it and commented on how quiet the truck was compared to the cummins in a tin can 59. There is no headliner, firewall pad or mat in the 59 and it has a straight pipe exiting under the door om my side. No wonder she likes the new truck. Boy I need to clean my lense.....

Attached Images     
Old 05-22-2017, 03:12 PM
FireEngineMike
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I like the grill guard. Maybe flat black so it doesn't divert attention from the grill.....

Old 05-24-2017, 09:15 PM
38 coupe
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by FireEngineMike
I like the grill guard. Maybe flat black so it doesn't divert attention from the grill.....
I vote for semi gloss black. Paint both the bumper and guard at the same time.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:01 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by 38 coupe
I vote for semi gloss black. Paint both the bumper and guard at the same time.
I just may be doing that next weekend! Arrived today after almost a week in New England for my Mom's memorial service. It was nice to be with my brother and sister and say our farewells. Back to work tomorrow and after work, back to the tonner PU, but I have to really get on with the woodie. With the time I have spent on finding, hauling and fixing this tonner the woodie would have it's engine, brakes and front clip back on. Oh well. Glad to be back with my friends. GB

Old 05-31-2017, 05:39 AM
bernette
Cargo Master
Received 138 Likes on 99 Posts
my condolence gary. its awful that most family meets are always around deceased love ones.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:23 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by bernette
my condolence gary. its awful that most family meets are always around deceased love ones.
Thanks, I know what you mean...

Old 06-04-2017, 09:26 AM
38 coupe
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by GB SISSON
IArrived today after almost a week in New England for my Mom's memorial service. It was nice to be with my brother and sister and say our farewells. GB
My condolences as well. Now I feel embarrassed about my absence from this forum and the delay to reply to this thread

Originally Posted by bernette
Off topic: Last year my family was exited to get together twice for celebrations. We had two marriages, mine and a cousins. We are hoping for a family get together next year for my folks 50th wedding anniversary.

Old 06-04-2017, 11:13 AM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
It's nice to be able to share life's highs and lows with a group of like minded folks. Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A fistfull of jailbars