2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Vinyl Floors - The Saga

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 03:10 AM
44Dan44
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vinyl Floors - The Saga

Love em!
Ordered my truck with Carpet Delete option. No mats or liners are included (at least on the Lariat) sporadic reports of people receiving all weather mats with the Premium Vinyl Flooring option on the King Ranch and Platinum.

I've been a previous user of Husky Weatherbeaters and Weathertech Floor Liners on other vehicles.
Weatherbeaters? Wouldn't buy them again, they curl, too plasticky.
Weathertech? Been very satisfied, a harder feeling plastic than the Huskies.

But that's the past, and now we are talking 2017 with vinyl floors, I still want some mats or liners so what to buy.

Weathertech: They do offer an option for use with vinyl floors but I think they really missed the mark in their design work for the Super Duty, every picture I've seen shows the floor liners not fitting well over the door threshold.

Husky Weatherbeaters: Also offer a liner for use with vinyl floors, just can't bring myself to buy another set, after the first set I owned, I said I wouldn't buy them again, then I did. Now I absolutely won't bother. Some like them and are very happy, I'm just not one of them.

Husky X-Act Contour: Was looking forward to this product, not for use with vinyl floor.

Ford Floor Liner Tray Style: Really like these, not for use with vinyl floor.

So, for now at least, I decided to go with Ford Floor Mats - All-Weather Thermoplastic Rubber, Black 3-Pc. For Use With Vinyl Flooring
Came with a hardware kit that is not needed as the vinyl floor in my Lariat came with the retention posts on driver and passenger sides.

These will do nicely and accomplish my goal of extra protection for the actual vinyl floor, specifically shoe heal wear areas. Never owned a vinyl floor so I have no experience with wear and tear.

For anyone who doesn't have retention posts on both sides, there is a kit available as seen in pics, looks like a fairly simple add.

Not my intent to really bash any of the available liners or mats, just adding my 2 cents. If you love something that I didn't, it's ok, different strokes, add your 2 cents and we'll still be short of a nickel.

Vinyl floor pics with no mats covering at post #22 of this thread

Attached Images      
Old 05-09-2017, 04:02 AM
Chris Crews
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice! You ordered these from the dealer?

also how is the cab noise? I am looking to get viynl flooring also!

Old 05-09-2017, 04:10 AM
44Dan44
More Turbo
HC3Z-2613300-KA https://www.varsityfordparts.com Varsity Ford Parts, $85 shipped

$95 SRP from https://accessories.ford.com/catalog.../category/152/

I don't have but two miles on the truck yet but they feel solidly cushioned, no kind of echo in cab.
I have no experience to compare Carpet Delete on the Lariat vs Premium Vinyl Flooring on KR or Plat but I am super impressed with the feel and quality appearance of the vinyl floor.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:56 AM
44Dan44
More Turbo
And aside from the Illinois winter slush, my other reason for vinyl floors...

Attached Images   
Old 05-09-2017, 06:19 AM
ngamountains
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those mats look great for preventing wear through in heel areas, like you said. Thanks for posting this. My XL with the vinyl floor is on order and I think I'll order some of these and have them at the ready.

Good looking pup you got there, we've got a recent addition from the Humane Society and I can sympathize with the muddy picture!

Old 05-09-2017, 06:22 AM
Benny996
Senior User
Hey 44, nice write up. I have a similar situation with the mats, I ordered the Ford ones (like yours) with my KR. I like them, it's just that they didn't quite cover enough, so I bought weather techs in cocoa. They don't fit the posts because I didn't realize I had no carpet. To my knowledge I didn't do a carpet delete option. The cocoa is a perfect color for the KR but it doesn't come in that color for the carpet delete option only black. I thought about sending them back, but I like the color too much to change it, so I might cut one post off the floor to fit better. Or maybe pry one out? It looks possible in your instructions picture. I will look closer tonight.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:49 AM
pickerdd
Tuned
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
44Dan44 - The Ford floor mats you mentioned are included with the platinum vinyl floor. I'd prefer more coverage with these mats, but they fit fine and don't obscure the platty bling on the door sill.

Old 05-09-2017, 06:52 AM
Thenewboss
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 44Dan44
Love em!
Ordered my truck with Carpet Delete option. No mats or liners are included (at least on the Lariat) sporadic reports of people receiving all weather mats with the Premium Vinyl Flooring option on the King Ranch and Platinum.

I've been a previous user of Husky Weatherbeaters and Weathertech Floor Liners on other vehicles.

But that's the past, and now we are talking 2017 with vinyl floors, I still want some mats or liners so what to buy.

Weathertech: They do offer an option for use with vinyl floors but I think they really missed the mark in their design work for the Super Duty, every picture I've seen shows the floor liners not fitting well over the door threshold.

Husky Weatherbeaters: Also offer a liner for use with vinyl floors, just can't bring myself to buy another set, after the first set I owned, I said I wouldn't buy them again, then I did. Now I absolutely won't bother. Some like them and are very happy, I'm just not one of them.

Husky X-Act Contour: Was looking forward to this product, not for use with vinyl floor.

So, for now at least, I decided to go with Ford Floor Mats - All-Weather Thermoplastic Rubber, Black 3-Pc. For Use With Vinyl Flooring
Came with a hardware kit that is not needed as the vinyl floor in my Lariat came with the retention posts on driver and passenger sides.

These will do nicely and accomplish my goal of extra protection for the actual vinyl floor, specifically shoe heal wear areas. Never owned a vinyl floor so I have no experience with wear and tear.

For anyone who doesn't have retention posts on both sides, there is a kit available as seen in pics, looks like a fairly simple add.

Not my intent to really bash any of the available liners or mats, just adding my 2 cents. If you love something that I didn't, it's ok, different strokes, add your 2 cents and we'll still be short of a nickel.

This may be a stupid question...but...I see a picture of a hole saw in those instructions. Do you really use a 3/4" hole saw to cut through the floor, or the just the vinyl?? I was considering the ford mats but if I have to put monster holes through the body I'll stick with my $17 Walmart specials!

Old 05-09-2017, 07:11 AM
gspv
Junior User
I have the carpet delete. Best thing ever. I have they Husky Weatherbeaters. I like them. I'll take pics and post later today.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:56 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,441 Likes on 937 Posts
i got these mats with my lariat by checking the $135 "all weather floor mat" option

I bought husky xact contours for my wife's 2017 f-150 with vinyl floors, they are heavy and thick soft rubber like a mud flap, so they stay in place very well, we only bought them for the front

Old 05-09-2017, 09:06 AM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
I've got Golden Retrievers too. The mud is easier to clean up than the hair. OMG the hair.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:25 AM
tidwellfarms
Junior User
Originally Posted by 44Dan44
Love em!

Hey 44dan44, I have a KR with premium vinyl flooring option on the way. I have yet to see a truck with them in it and I really appreciate the photos. Did you happen to take one without the floor mats installed? I'd love to see that as well. I thought the info said the premium vinyl flooring option came with mats but for some reason I was thinking it was carpeted mats? Oh well, my truck is coming off the train in Portland tonight so hopefully I'll know for sure in 10 days or so. My faith shall become sight! Thanks again.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:32 AM
c502cid
Junior User
Husky makes the Weatherbeaters for the front, no nibs on the backside so they work with the vinyl floor and X-Act contours for the back. I also added the Husky Gearbox. All fit very well.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:08 AM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the weatherbeaters from husky for carpet installed in my carpet deleted crew cab and love them. They didn't have non carpet ones out when I got them. I've had zero issues with them.

Old 05-09-2017, 02:31 PM
LadderDogV10
Tuned
I also went with the vinyl floor this go around. First time I've had it and love it! I'll never have carpet in a truck again. I also decided to put a set of front mats in my STX. I went with the weathertecs but opted not to install the little disc things mine hardly moves at all I really have to push against my seat to get them to slide and fitment is great.

Quick Reply: Vinyl Floors - The Saga