Do I just keep cranking? New HPOP and Injectors - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I just keep cranking? New HPOP and Injectors

Old 05-09-2017, 09:49 AM
Senior User

6_Myles is starting off with a positive reputation.
not. even. trying.

that's why i'm thinking it is still air locked, or some other 'simple' issue.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:53 AM
Polkamatic Poster

ExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6_Myles View Post
not. even. trying.

that's why i'm thinking it is still air locked, or some other 'simple' issue.
RPM, ICP, Fuel delivery (firing). That's all.

It should at least stumble if there is a problem with programming for injectors, a bad injector install, etc.

Does your tailpipe smell like diesel fuel? Any smoke while you crank?
Old 05-09-2017, 10:11 AM
Elder User

SaintITC has a good reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a good reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a good reputation on FTE.
Is the 42pin connector tight? Don't ask me why I'm throwing this out there..
Old 05-09-2017, 10:15 AM
Senior User

lol. I'm open to all suggestions at this point
Old 05-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Polkamatic Poster

ExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud of
Where are you located? Maybe someone nearby has AE and can help monitor some of the numbers while cranking?
Old 05-09-2017, 10:28 AM
Senior User

I have AE, that's how I know IC pressure/duty cycle.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Polkamatic Poster

Quote:
I have AE, that's how I know IC pressure/duty cycle.
Ah...good.

Can you give us a rundown then while cranking in AE:

RPM
ICP
Battery Voltage
FIPW
ICP DC%

I *believe* (but haven't confirmed) that if FIPW is Zero, the injectors aren't firing. I don't know another PID to check it?

If the top 3 are in the Green (values, not in AE), then you should have FIPW.

I also think that if FIPW is showing, but no fire or fuel out the tailpipe, then you have a fueling issue (filters, pickup lines, fuel rail lines, etc)

Did you reply about any smell in the tailpipe or smoke and what color?

(I was out prepping the garage, moving stuff around for this week's project work)
Old 05-09-2017, 12:05 PM
Senior User

I will check on all those in a few and let you know. Haven't been home yet.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:08 PM
Post Fiend

Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
Everything I've read here still only shows 270 ICP. Has to be 500. Keep cranking or start testing HP system.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:15 PM
Polkamatic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza35 View Post
Everything I've read here still only shows 270 ICP. Has to be 500. Keep cranking or start testing HP system.

You're probably right. I was looking to be definitive on the RPMs, too, so we are looking at only one system holding him back

I may be in the garage when you're back on, heading back there right after some lunch.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:06 PM
Senior User

Let's assume this is an o-ring issue...what's the likelyhood that i can pop the valve cover and see which one is blown out by cranking it?
Old 05-09-2017, 01:42 PM
Elder User

cjgray1974 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Let's assume this is an o-ring issue...what's the likelyhood that i can pop the valve cover and see which one is blown out by cranking it?
The Cody test is the easiest way to check for a bad injector o-ring. If you have an oil rail crossover, remove it, if not just pull a oil rail plug and use a air nozzle with a rubber tip wrap a rag around it and put pressure into the oil rail and hold it for a minute or two. listen for gurgling. If you don't hear any go to the other side.

Wrap the nozzle with a rag or when you remove the nozzle from the hole you will get covered in oil.

I had a no start about 6 months after installing new injectors, only building 250 psi, and that is what it ended up being.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:54 PM
Elder User

GEugeneS is starting off with a positive reputation.
I put the IPR sensor ln backwards after repairing the IPOP. Kinda stupid but the result is it wouldn't fire at all. Put back on correctly and it fired right up.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:18 PM
I'm a cautionary tale.

Tugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputationTugly has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEugeneS View Post
I put the IPR sensor ln backwards after repairing the IPOP....
You mean the coil or the needle valve? In my head, I'm seeing a tinnerman nut being jammed into the IPR hole on the HPOP... and that can't be right.

Oh crap..... Doesn't the IPR and the EBPV have the same connector?
Old 05-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Post Fiend

andym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugly View Post
Oh crap..... Doesn't the IPR and the EBPV have the same connector?
They do, but the wires aren't long enough to reach the other connector.