Do I just keep cranking? New HPOP and Injectors - Page 15 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I just keep cranking? New HPOP and Injectors

Old 09-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Polkamatic Poster

ExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6_Myles View Post
So my name is Myles, I am just not meant to have a t500 pump on my truck

To be honest, I needed a break from working on the truck....so I've been running on Jim's borrowed HPOP (words cannot describe how thankful i am)

So today, I'm in a great mood. Casually remove the borrowed pump this morning, and get everything ready for this evening.

Install the 3rd T500 pump and button everything up.

And. It's. Not. Cranking. Again.

Let me tell you amazing my attitude is right now.
Dang it, Myles

A good OEM pump should make plenty of oil when it is in good condition, your injectors aren't crazy, and your tunes are efficient- so I'm told.

T500 is a good deal and some increased performance for when you need to replace your OEM. So although tuning has "matured" in the direction away from "big oil" for mild to moderate tunes, it remains a good upgrade path and value, even if you don't 'need' it. (Before that, bigger oil was the fix to make power, so I'm told)

Much of that pre-dates my Excursion ownership, but I've had extensive conversations with guys who have been there, done that, LOL.

But only if it works

Is there any reason your truck needs big oil?

I'm with the others who say get out of the T500 and get your truck running. There comes a time to pop smoke and move to the next mission

The wild card would be to take jhl3 up on his offer of help/troubleshooting. Two eyes are better than one. I've found a number of solutions over the years just by walking someone else through what I've already done and answering their questions as they check my work. Sometimes in idiot-obvious ways, too! LOL.

Good luck and let us know how it works out!
Old 09-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Post Fiend

andym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputationandym has a superb reputation
I second the part about two eyes. I troubleshoot for a living and sometimes just explaining it in detail to another person is enough to shake new ideas loose. Another pair of eyes is even better IMO. Something this hard to fix is usually very simple.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:55 PM
Polkamatic Poster

ExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud ofExPACamper has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by andym View Post
I second the part about two eyes. I troubleshoot for a living and sometimes just explaining it in detail to another person is enough to shake new ideas loose. Another pair of eyes is even better IMO. Something this hard to fix is usually very simple.
For me I usually have to explain it: "...okay, I'm an idiot. I forgot to...or didn't...blah blah" Let's hope your situation ends up with the same share-a-beer result!
Old 09-11-2017, 05:21 PM
Postmaster

Sous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud of
Forgive my ignorance, but all of these HPOPs (Terminator, Adrenaline, CNC, etc) are just freshened up OEM pumps right? I think the OBS pumps had a slightly less agressive degree to them, but since L99 or so they have been 17 right?

Am I way off base here or am I close to the bullseye?
Old 09-11-2017, 08:41 PM
Post Fiend

BBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud ofBBslider001 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but all of these HPOPs (Terminator, Adrenaline, CNC, etc) are just freshened up OEM pumps right? I think the OBS pumps had a slightly less agressive degree to them, but since L99 or so they have been 17 right?

Am I way off base here or am I close to the bullseye?
No Sous, you hit the bullseye.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:14 AM
Postmaster

Sous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud of
Well Myles, based on what Byron has said. If I were you, I would definitely go with another source for a new HPOP, maybe even just and OEM. I have had great service from Corey at CNC, so my vote is biased toward him.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:49 PM
Post Fiend

Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
I'd ditch the T500, and that is what I run, and go with the adrenaline. Lot of good reviewed with that one as well. You gave them a chance, enough is enough.