Do I just keep cranking? New HPOP and Injectors - Page 14 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I just keep cranking? New HPOP and Injectors

Old 06-19-2017, 10:44 AM
Freshman User

JenC is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
JenC, correct me if I am wrong, but you are with/represent Diesel Site right?

6_myles bought a T500 and not an Adrenaline pump, but it is good to hear from other vendors sometimes.
Yep - I saw. But a pump is a pump and I thought I would share since I'm sure all the re-builders experience the same things.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:29 AM
Postmaster

Sous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenC View Post
Yep - I saw. But a pump is a pump and I thought I would share since I'm sure all the re-builders experience the same things.
Agreed, just wanted the thread to be clear about who you were and represent. Not stating anything pro or con about either HPOP available to the consumer though.

Thanks for your input and sharing your experiences on "DOA" pumps.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:37 AM
Senior User

6_Myles is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks all, sorry to disappear for a bit...work/family has been crazy lately. Waiting to get my pump back from Terminator.

JenC, i would agree that IPR would be the vastly more common problem but I used the same IPR that I've been running around on the borrowed HPOP with.

Still chasing this P1273 code. Swapped solenoids, double checked UVCH and looked for wire chafes and can't seem to find any...any other ideas?
Old 07-05-2017, 11:28 PM
New User

crwln73 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow I'm going thru the exact same issues. Waiting now for my pump to come back. Did your truck ever run with the T500 pump?
Old 07-06-2017, 09:28 AM
Senior User

i got the replacement pump about a week ago and to be honest, I haven't worked up the nerve to install it yet.

I've been finding lots of reasons not to 'have time' to do it right now. I think i'm going to do it this weekend.

Sorry you are dealing with it too. I got a whole new housing for the 3rd pump, meaning he kept mine as a core.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:00 AM
Postmaster

Sous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud ofSous has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwln73 View Post
Wow I'm going thru the exact same issues. Waiting now for my pump to come back. Did your truck ever run with the T500 pump?
Did you purchase a T500 as well or another aftermarket HPOP?

Was the HPOP purchased in new/remanufactured or used condition?

Is your vendor/source working with you or giving you the cold shoulder?
Old 07-06-2017, 11:02 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6_Myles View Post
i got the replacement pump about a week ago and to be honest, I haven't worked up the nerve to install it yet.

I've been finding lots of reasons not to 'have time' to do it right now. I think i'm going to do it this weekend.

Sorry you are dealing with it too. I got a whole new housing for the 3rd pump, meaning he kept mine as a core.
Most of us understand this 100%. Something like this really takes the wind out of your sails to complete the job. One of the things I hate the most in this world is doing my best to make something better, and end up having it turn out worse than what it was.

We are all pulling for you to get the pump installed and it fires right up!
Old 07-06-2017, 12:43 PM
New User

Sous
I bought a T500 pump also. I truly believe that Terminator has a quality product and it's just a unfortunate coincidence. Joey rechecked my pump and put new internals in it just to make sure.
6_Myles
I understand the frustration. Hope it works when you do decide to put it on. Mine should be here today. I plan on putting it on this evening.
Old 07-07-2017, 02:37 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sous View Post
Did you purchase a T500 as well or another aftermarket HPOP?

Was the HPOP purchased in new/remanufactured or used condition?

Is your vendor/source working with you or giving you the cold shoulder?
I purchased a T500 through DP Tuner. I sent mine in as a core. It was working fine, i was getting upgraded injectors and wanted my HPOP to match them.

DP has been great, they let Joey (at terminator) and I communicate to try and solve the problem but when it reached a level of frustration on my part they stepped in and have been doing whatever it takes to get it done.

Yes, I'm hoping to do it this weekend. I've just had too many other cars needing attention too.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:17 PM
Senior User

So my name is Myles, I am just not meant to have a t500 pump on my truck

To be honest, I needed a break from working on the truck....so I've been running on Jim's borrowed HPOP (words cannot describe how thankful i am)

So today, I'm in a great mood. Casually remove the borrowed pump this morning, and get everything ready for this evening.

Install the 3rd T500 pump and button everything up.

And. It's. Not. Cranking. Again.

Let me tell you amazing my attitude is right now.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:32 PM
New User

Quote:

To be honest, I needed a break from working on the truck....so I've been running on Jim's borrowed HPOP (words cannot describe how thankful i am)

So today, I'm in a great mood. Casually remove the borrowed pump this morning, and get everything ready for this evening.

Hang in there. I've been trying to get my truck running right for over a year. I just want to drive the thing.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:04 AM
Postmaster

Quote:

When I first say you had re-posted to this thread, I was glad to see it. Then, when I read the first line I thought well that was funny and of good nature, hope things went well. Then, the ending came around and once again it is filled with disappointment.

If I were you Myles, I would call it quits on the T500 and get your money back. I would then talk to Diesel Site about your concerns and see how you feel about their HPOP. If you are not happy with what they are telling you, get an OEM HPOP and just be done with it.

Keep us updated Myles, and we are all very thankful for Jim and what he has done to help you and us out over the time he has been here.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:16 AM
Elder User

SaintITC has a very good reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a very good reputation on FTE.SaintITC has a very good reputation on FTE.
I was surprised as well. It seems fairly obvious that you are now quite familiar and experienced installing an HPOP, so why does a used OEM one work and not the T500? There are some differences between the two, but are those differences what's causing the issue? For example, an HPO crossover pipe generally aids a stock system, yet I understand it's redundant with a T500. I just wonder if there's something different about your truck that prevents a T500 from working? Has it been the same physical pump every time, or have they sent you other T500's?
Old 09-05-2017, 01:15 PM
Post Fiend

Bonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to beholdBonanza35 is a splendid one to behold
I'd call it quits for sure. Buy another brand. They must keep sending the same pump back to you and have no idea why it's not working.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:26 PM
Posting Guru

jhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to beholdjhl3 is a splendid one to behold
The offer for another set of eyes to look at this and hands to turn wrenches is still open.

Give me a call if you want.