1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

What have you done to your "Bullpen" recently ?

Old 06-20-2017, 09:41 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I like the size. I once had a used furnace from a house in the garage and it took up a whole corner.

Old 06-20-2017, 10:10 AM
ctubutis
Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
Old 06-20-2017, 10:42 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Looks like it should work well. Which end of the garage will it go in? Just thinking of the venting requirement.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:11 PM
ctubutis
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis
Looks like it should work well. Which end of the garage will it go in? Just thinking of the venting requirement.
Northwest wall, this kit comes with a side-venting kit (an extra $200 for a few pieces of formed sheet metal, sheesh) because I really don't want to exit out of the garage roof (which I could do if I moved the thing 10 feet south) as the roof is the HOA's responsibility and we as a neighborhood have had our roof issues and so I'm not wanting to touch anything there....

Run-on, I know, I'm in hyper-drive mode....

Old 06-20-2017, 03:05 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Don't remember which way your garage sits, but you get to go through the wall to the outside?

Old 06-20-2017, 07:26 PM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,086 Likes on 1,779 Posts
Don't remember which way your garage sits, but you get to go through the wall to the outside?
Till the HOA sees it

Till I can get some insulation in my garage I cant even think of heat but for me I think AC more what I need over heat. We have heat pumps for the house so in the garage if it could take out the chill I would be happy.
Dave ----

Old 06-20-2017, 10:52 PM
ctubutis
Yes, sir... it's too dark to be taking pictures but you get the idea.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:17 PM
ctubutis
Man, I'm wearing Fall-type of clothing and am ready to break out the little, electric heaters in the garage....

Old 06-23-2017, 02:40 PM
WhatsAChevy?
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Makes me thankful that I bought a 4 acre piece of former farmland and graded/leveled it myself to build our house. Associations and subsequent covenants can be troublesome down the road.

Old 06-23-2017, 02:47 PM
WhatsAChevy?
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ctubutis
Man, I'm wearing Fall-type of clothing and am ready to break out the little, electric heaters in the garage....

Look at it this way Chris...You could be sweating Yer behind off to the point that yer drawers were slidin' off yer butt forcing you to stay inside in the A/C
For every dark cloud there is a silver lining.

Old 06-23-2017, 04:59 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
High was supposed to be 80 here today with morning thunderboomers. No storm and it went to 90 with bunches of humidity. Helped a friend load a drill press, band saw, riding mower, etc and it was HOT! Bring the 45 degrees ON!

Old 06-24-2017, 09:53 AM
ctubutis
Originally Posted by WhatsAChevy?
Look at it this way Chris...You could be sweating Yer behind off to the point that yer drawers were slidin' off yer butt forcing you to stay inside in the A/C
For every dark cloud there is a silver lining.
This is true.

Went to a friend's house last night (Tom, with the lift, he just had some spinal disks fuzed together or some such) who suggested I tap into the overhead ducting work feeding the bedrooms and install something to pipe AC into the garage, I now need to deviate and figure out how to do THAT while everything is all opened up.... delays, delays...

High was supposed to be 80 here today with morning thunderboomers. No storm and it went to 90 with bunches of humidity. Helped a friend load a drill press, band saw, riding mower, etc and it was HOT! Bring the 45 degrees ON!
As for the weather, man, it was approaching being able to see your breath in the air... the first official week of summer... at least it didn't snow....

Old 06-26-2017, 08:56 AM
1986F150six
Lead Driver
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ctubutis
This is true.

Went to a friend's house last night (Tom, with the lift, he just had some spinal disks fuzed together or some such) who suggested I tap into the overhead ducting work feeding the bedrooms and install something to pipe AC into the garage, I now need to deviate and figure out how to do THAT while everything is all opened up.... delays, delays...
Chris, this will add volume to the space the A/C has to handle and if the unit is not large enough, it will take away from the rest of your house... plus, you will need to have a way for the air to return to the unit.

Old 06-26-2017, 09:17 AM
FuzzFace2
Fleet Owner
Received 2,086 Likes on 1,779 Posts
Originally Posted by 1986F150six
Chris, this will add volume to the space the A/C has to handle and if the unit is not large enough, it will take away from the rest of your house... plus, you will need to have a way for the air to return to the unit.
To do it right yes.
We are talking a leaky garage so air will go out.
As for pulling from the rest of the house add a damper so when not working in garage close off the duct.
Dad did that for heat in our garage when working in winter.
Dave - - - -

Old 06-26-2017, 10:19 AM
ctubutis
Yeah, I'm not at all concerned about the factory furnace receiving return air from a 100F garage, getting air from the interior of the house is just fine.

People brought up the same types of concerns when I explained about a winch on the I-Beam, officially they're not supposed to let me do that because, officially, I need some sort of official engineering evaluation of the additional load & stresses and yadda yadda yadda... that thing can handle an 400 lb engine block, I'm not worried about it, the inspectors tell me they just don't want to know about it (officially, but they can see what I'm going to use it for and I told them all that stuff already).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done to your "Bullpen" recently ?