Notices
1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

What have you done to your "Bullpen" recently ?

Old 05-22-2017, 09:28 PM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
That's fine, I'm more concerned about vertical clearance.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:40 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.
I'll take a pic of my trolley after a bit, but I'm pretty sure that it all hangs below the beam and nothing goes above.

Also, a friend tried to buy one like mine from HF recently and they don't carry them any more. But he found one at Northern Tool.

Old 05-23-2017, 10:44 AM
displacement4me
Elder User
displacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to all
This is what I have to try and help with a general idea of size. I had this for years on a similar beam in my dads shop. You can see by the wear marks on the inner roller, vertical height needed above the rolling surface of the I-beam is ~4 1/4" for this model. The width is adjustable by spacing the washers as needed, obviously the anchor point isn't centred in my pics but it was tossed together until I set it up for my new beam.

Name:  93715006-6877-431F-B4C0-93FE3B28793D_zpss4skixyl.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  180.2 KB

Name:  3B84AA1B-6396-4392-A6EA-46E318C5FE6E_zpszvm5azo9.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  178.1 KB

Name:  055DD955-2CB1-4854-B7AF-864D57953AD3_zpsudzt16zd.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  173.2 KB

Old 05-23-2017, 06:23 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.

Old 05-24-2017, 04:37 PM
LARIAT 85
Postmaster
LARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to beholdLARIAT 85 is a splendid one to behold
My Father-in-Law and I have finished the concrete and the studs. The Bull Pen is getting closer!

Old 05-24-2017, 04:51 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Looks good, Rick.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:22 PM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
I am bolting up additional 2x4s (20' car trailers can come in handy!) onto which I am nailing additional boards, it's really hard to fit a framing nailer into there and there's virtually zero space to swing a hammer. So, lag bolts + the 3/8 air socket wrench to the rescue, I have traditionally over-engineered this kind of stuff and this is no exception....

Here, I'm surrounding the steel I-beam with false-ceiling-type of stuff and need to seal up the firewall (contains OSB) with mud & tape... the rest can be plain 1/2" stuff.

Need to leave that beam exposed, too, as it's gonna be a track for an electrically-operated accessory (how you need to describe it to the building inspectors )

Old 05-31-2017, 09:10 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Chris - I don't understand what you are doing, but it looks solid, nonetheless.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:15 PM
ctubutis
It is incomplete + too hard to hold up drywall and take a picture, this is the junction where I transition from firewall-block to non... it will make sense with a drywall box around it, that 2x4 stuff is just to have something to attach to.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:18 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Imwill take your word for it, and await the pic of the completed project.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:46 PM
WhatsAChevy?
Posting Guru
WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.
Very Cool

I am very pleased that this thread has taken on a life of it's own. It is nice to see that the FTE Bullnose forum takes time to share not only mechanical tech, but also shares what makes our passion easier in the garage !

Old 05-31-2017, 09:57 PM
WhatsAChevy?
Posting Guru
WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.
Chris....Is all that exposed 12TW Romex exposed allowed by code in the garage? In my neck of the woods...it needs to be in galvanized pipe for out building application regardless of attached or not.

Old 05-31-2017, 11:40 PM
ctubutis
Don, yes, we have Romex here.

I had 6 lights permanently installed for almost 20 years, I wired in (haphazardly) 4 additional ones just to see how many I need/where they go.

Those boxes in the first pic are coming out (already gone tbh) but the ones on the other side, those will become permanent once again... I had installed them once (one hot, one switched, neut + gnd from a 4-way switch) but then figured out I'm gonna drop the ceiling the size of a 2x4, and so I removed them and stuck 'em up there temporarily.

Lots of undoing and redoing going on, it's kinda slow (especially when working alone).

Old 06-01-2017, 08:57 AM
1986F150six
Post Fiend
1986F150six is a splendid one to behold1986F150six is a splendid one to behold1986F150six is a splendid one to behold1986F150six is a splendid one to behold1986F150six is a splendid one to behold1986F150six is a splendid one to behold1986F150six is a splendid one to behold1986F150six is a splendid one to behold
We haven't heard from you in awhile, Chris. Glad to know that you are okay!

Old 06-02-2017, 12:52 AM
ctubutis
Got my first-ever, paid-for, structural engineering inspection of the house today, water drainage away from the foundation is exceedingly important to prevent this kind of chit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done to your "Bullpen" recently ?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.