Notices
1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

What have you done to your "Bullpen" recently ?

Old 05-10-2017, 05:43 PM
kr98664
Posting Guru
kr98664 has a great reputation on FTE.kr98664 has a great reputation on FTE.kr98664 has a great reputation on FTE.kr98664 has a great reputation on FTE.kr98664 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by reamer View Post
kr, are you a "New Englander?" happily surprised anyone even remembers the New Haven....
Was. I live in The People's Republic of Oregon now.

I was born and grew up raised south of Boston. Prime NYNH&H territory. One of my earliest memories was the big block NH on their boxcars.

Old 05-10-2017, 05:44 PM
kr98664
Posting Guru
kr98664 has a great reputation on FTE.kr98664 has a great reputation on FTE.kr98664 has a great reputation on FTE.kr98664 has a great reputation on FTE.kr98664 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Gary Lewis View Post
Now, that might almost be big enough!
Looks like a nice starter shop.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:34 PM
silar
Elder User
silar is starting off with a positive reputation.
I decided to go ahead and buy the Eastwood 135 mig. Needed a decent little welder and for the price, I couldn't pass it up.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:47 AM
Cienega32
Senior User
Cienega32 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by ctubutis View Post
This thread is a good idea, thank you Don for doing this. I had posted some stuff in WHYDTYTT recently even though it's not entirely appropriate according to some, I've also posted in FTE's garage forum over the years but I don't go over there too often.

The Garage Journal is a cool place to go look at what others have done:
The Garage Journal
+1 on all that! after reading some parts of WHYDTYTT or Big Blue, I was thinking the same thing about a 'Pen thread' in this forum and thought of the G/J as well. Lo & behold - there it was!

Of course the bad thing is all the drool on my keyboard after seeing some of these joints! Nice playpens to be found with you folks.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:00 AM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by displacement4me View Post
I'll jump in! My new garage is still underway and it's the last step before I can bring my completed '85 chassis out of storage and then start body work. 18'x35', 15' tall. Not big enough but it was as large as I could build it in my subdivision. Recently sealed the polished concrete, now working on building my bench and overhead storage above the bench. I'll sheet in the skylights followed by paint and trim - then my girl comes home!

Hey, Bryan (is that your name?) are those shop lights LED? I like those lights on the wall like that, I wonder if I'll have room to do that kind of thing...

Old 05-11-2017, 11:24 AM
monkey-1
Elder User
monkey-1 has a good reputation on FTE.monkey-1 has a good reputation on FTE.
Hey, Bryan (is that your name?) are those shop lights LED? I like those lights on the wall like that, I wonder if I'll have room to do that kind of thing...

I like the lights on the walls and LEDs are where it's at. We installed 10 LED fixtures in the new shop and I wasn't sure that would be enough. These are mounted almost 19 feet tall and give off plenty of light:

Those floors look great, too. In my last shop I used a sealer from Legacy Industrial and it came out great:

Old 05-11-2017, 02:57 PM
displacement4me
Elder User
displacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to all

Yup, Bryan is the name. All LED lighting, eight 2' lights and nineteen 4'. It is way overkill but too much light is far better than anything. Hopefully you have the room, lighting from the side is very functional!

Lithonia Surface Mount LED

Name:  00881CD5-AAB6-474C-A732-66AA53319906_zpsyhseurrn.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  132.5 KB

Old 05-11-2017, 03:31 PM
monkey-1
Elder User
monkey-1 has a good reputation on FTE.monkey-1 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by displacement4me View Post
Yup, Bryan is the name. All LED lighting, eight 2' lights and nineteen 4'. It is way overkill but too much light is far better than anything. Hopefully you have the room, lighting from the side is very functional!

Looks great. I recently used a Lithonia LED fixture as a replacement in our Kitchen. It is nice and bright!

Do you have any pics of the outside of the shop?

Old 05-11-2017, 04:25 PM
displacement4me
Elder User
displacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to alldisplacement4me is a name known to all
It's pretty simple outside other than my ordered overhead door finish, or maybe the " natural gas tie-in for the bbq. No windows as I have my skylights. Pouring the exposed aggregate full-length pad and entrance apron sometime this summer after the interior is finished.

I wish I had the space like yours!

Name:  B8890F98-358B-4740-B506-F25CEA436FA3_zpsmx10v07b.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  150.0 KB

Name:  B8CD0BF7-4FA8-4C6D-A802-E0B08F74C331_zpsboymzsul.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  203.4 KB

Name:  739051B9-F3CB-424B-BC1B-31A55A9164F3_zpsrq4ajmwh.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  212.4 KB

Old 05-12-2017, 04:28 PM
WhatsAChevy?
Posting Guru
WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.
Well, this might be a tool, or it may be an improvement on the Bullpen - or both. But, I'll post here.

For years I've had a GoJo dispenser that took the 4lb containers of goo. And for years it leaked, dribbling GoJo all over the counter top. So, I went looking for reviews on hand cleaner and dispensers. Turns out GoJo isn't high on the list.

Just replaced it with this.

I'd say that's a serious improvement to your Bullpen.....I still have the "flip the tub upside down onto the dispenser type". Messy.

Old 05-12-2017, 04:44 PM
WhatsAChevy?
Posting Guru
WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.WhatsAChevy? has a great reputation on FTE.
Hung a few things on the back wall above the toolbox.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.Gary Lewis has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by WhatsAChevy? View Post
I'd say that's a serious improvement to your Bullpen.....I still have the "flip the tub upside down onto the dispenser type". Messy.
That's the kind I had. But mine dribbled and made a mess. This one doesn't dribble and the hand cleaner does a better job.

Old 05-12-2017, 06:58 PM
WhatsAChevy?
Posting Guru
That's the kind I had. But mine dribbled and made a mess. This one doesn't dribble and the hand cleaner does a better job.
Yep...the upside is, the area under the dispenser on the workbench is the cleanest

Old 05-22-2017, 08:09 PM
ctubutis
ctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputationctubutis has a superb reputation
Hey, those trolley-mounted winches for extracting engines.... do I have enough room here on the house I-beam for one of those to fit?

I can fit my fist between iron & wood that needs to stay (first picture, what I call the backside, it's closest to the firewall), is this enough room?

Old 05-22-2017, 08:21 PM
WhatsAChevy?
Posting Guru
The trolley stop point should be a minimum of 18" out from the Bulkhead (meaning the back wall ).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What have you done to your "Bullpen" recently ?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.