Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ventilated Seats (A/C seats)

Old 05-08-2017, 02:30 PM
tracyclifton
Elder User
tracyclifton has a good reputation on FTE.tracyclifton has a good reputation on FTE.tracyclifton has a good reputation on FTE.
Ventilated Seats (A/C seats)

Has anyone changed the filter under the ventilated seats? I think I read it should be done at 30K. I didn't find it in the tech folder or with a search. Anyway the instructions in the manual look pretty easy. I just wondered if it really needs to be done.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
I haven't changed them. The filters aren't cheap in my opinion. I would remove them and see what they look like and decide to replace or not. The filter # is FS104

Old 05-08-2017, 03:11 PM
Traveling Man
Senior User
Traveling Man is starting off with a positive reputation.
I changed mine. The replacement filters are different than the stock ones and I would say they need to be replaced when fully loaded.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:52 PM
PlayersZ28
Posting Guru
PlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant futurePlayersZ28 has a brilliant future
There's a filter? I never use the cooled seat option, don't like the cold air on my butt.

Just one of the many options on my truck (bought used) that I have no use for.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:18 PM
tracyclifton
Elder User
tracyclifton has a good reputation on FTE.tracyclifton has a good reputation on FTE.tracyclifton has a good reputation on FTE.
I found some on ebay for about $20. I guess I will take them out and have a look. I may swap the pass for the driver since the pass doesn't get much use. I guess they might be "shop-vaccable" or "air-compressable" to get them clean.

Old 05-09-2017, 01:25 AM
2civicrr
Senior User
2civicrr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.2civicrr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would just take them off & make sure they are 'clear'.

I bought them without looking at the original ones under the seat. When they came in, I realized they are just a hard plastic disk with holes in them. They are more like a plastic screen, albeit with large holes, that an actual filter.

I've got two brand new ones on boxes just taking up space......

Old 05-09-2017, 04:54 AM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 2civicrr View Post
I would just take them off & make sure they are 'clear'.

I bought them without looking at the original ones under the seat. When they came in, I realized they are just a hard plastic disk with holes in them. They are more like a plastic screen, albeit with large holes, that an actual filter.

I've got two brand new ones on boxes just taking up space......
If you got the small hard plastic seat filters, pn FS106, they are the wrong ones. The seats in our trucks use the FS-104 filter. It has filter material in it.

Climate Control Seat Filter-HVAC Seat Filter MOTORCRAFT FS-104 | eBay

Old 05-11-2017, 02:07 PM
bayou barataria
Posting Guru
bayou barataria is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don't use the seat a/c even though I live in a very hot climate, they make my nuts feel wet, kind of weird for me. Does anyone know if there is a cabin filter on a 2015 f-350 lariat? Thanks for any info.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:22 PM
elee3
Posting Guru
elee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to beholdelee3 is a splendid one to behold
I don't turn my seat AC on very often, but when I remote start my truck on warm days, it's on automatically until I turn on the ignition.

Old 05-11-2017, 04:36 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Originally Posted by bayou barataria View Post
I don't use the seat a/c even though I live in a very hot climate, they make my nuts feel wet, kind of weird for me. Does anyone know if there is a cabin filter on a 2015 f-350 lariat? Thanks for any info.
There is not a cabin air filter on the 2011-2016 trucks. The PCM/ECU occupies the spot where a cabin filter might have been if there was one.

Old 05-11-2017, 05:59 PM
bobv60
Posting Guru
bobv60 has a very good reputation on FTE.bobv60 has a very good reputation on FTE.bobv60 has a very good reputation on FTE.
When I replaced mine I could ONLY get the plastic part without the filter material. I was told multiple times that the ones with the filter media where no longer available and where superseded to the non filter type

Old 05-11-2017, 10:20 PM
2civicrr
Senior User
2civicrr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.2civicrr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by bobv60 View Post
When I replaced mine I could ONLY get the plastic part without the filter material. I was told multiple times that the ones with the filter media where no longer available and where superseded to the non filter type
There is not any 'filter' material in the original ones that came on my truck. Nothing but the plastic 'screen'. When I went to change them, I actually took the originals off before opening the boxes for the new ones.

I'm not at home right now to check but I ordered the correct part number per my owner's manual. The part I received came in a Motorcraft box from a creditable vendor. Now I feel like I better go to the dealer to check to see if the part from them has filter material.........

Old 05-21-2017, 06:26 PM
tracyclifton
Elder User
I pulled my out Friday. They had filter material. They weren't very dirty. I blew them out with compressor then shop-vacced them. I put the drivers on the pass side and the pass side on the drivers. I haven't noticed any change in the way the seat cools.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:45 PM
2civicrr
Senior User
I've yet to go to the dealer but I did confirm that the ones on my truck (still the original) are just the plastic screen without any filter material. My truck is a late production 2015.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:51 PM
tracyclifton
Elder User
Originally Posted by 2civicrr View Post
I've yet to go to the dealer but I did confirm that the ones on my truck (still the original) are just the plastic screen without any filter material. My truck is a late production 2015.
I looked on ebay for the part. Looks like the 106 has no filter material and the 104 has the filter material. I don't see what it is filtering without the material.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ventilated Seats (A/C seats)

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: