Installed an Access Vanish Tonneau - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Installed an Access Vanish Tonneau

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 05-05-2017, 12:40 PM
Tricon
Postmaster
Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.

Just got my tonneau cover in the mail. Its a roll up vinyl type with the metal cross bars. Had the same model on my last truck for 6 years and it was amazing still on the day I traded it in. Great value for $275 on eBay. Its essentially the same thing as the Truxedo Lo Pro QT without the lifetime warranty.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:50 PM
AMXDREAMER
Elder User
AMXDREAMER is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.AMXDREAMER is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The soft rollups are a great inexpensive option for those with 5th wheels or those that aren't worried about the security of items in the bed.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:55 PM
Tricon
Postmaster
Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.Tricon has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by AMXDREAMER View Post
The soft rollups are a great inexpensive option for those with 5th wheels or those that aren't worried about the security of items in the bed.
Yea I'm a firm believer in security by obscurity. In the 15 years I've had soft covers I've never once had an issue. I don't like that the metal rollups take so much bed space when rolled up, and the flips block your view of the bed. The are the most versatile and easiest to use for my usage!

Old 05-05-2017, 11:56 PM
Nimrod
Senior User
Nimrod is starting off with a positive reputation.
I did the same thing last week but I did the Access Lorado model.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:29 AM
JeepPuller
Posting Guru
JeepPuller is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by Tricon View Post
Yea I'm a firm believer in security by obscurity. In the 15 years I've had soft covers I've never once had an issue. I don't like that the metal rollups take so much bed space when rolled up, and the flips block your view of the bed. The are the most versatile and easiest to use for my usage!
x2 on this. Four trucks, four Access covers, no issues. Out of sight out of mind works for the "opportunity criminals". The dedicated ones will get your stuff regardless.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:07 PM
Tricon
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Nimrod View Post
I did the same thing last week but I did the Access Lorado model.
How do you like it? I've only had the vanish on my trucks.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Tricon
Postmaster
Originally Posted by JeepPuller View Post
x2 on this. Four trucks, four Access covers, no issues. Out of sight out of mind works for the "opportunity criminals". The dedicated ones will get your stuff regardless.
Yeah, I think this is one of those things that people psych themselves out on and end up spending unnecessary money to fix a non existent problem. Of all my friends, forums, off road meet ups, I've never heard of a tonneau cover being broken into.

Old 05-06-2017, 01:05 PM
AMXDREAMER
Elder User
AMXDREAMER is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.AMXDREAMER is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I carry my ice hockey goalie gear in the back of my truck and on occasion it's left there while I'm at work or if I have to go somewhere before or after my games. I prefer a tonneau that can't just be cut with a knife.

Old 05-10-2017, 07:34 PM
Cabindweller
Senior User
Cabindweller is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Cabindweller is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I also have the Vanish on my 17 and have been pleased with it. My last two covers were around the $1000 mark and I was just not happy with them. decided to go with an inexpensive rollup this time and have been all smiles.

Old 05-11-2017, 12:20 AM
posaune
Freshman User
posaune is starting off with a positive reputation.
Two questions:
How well does this cover keep water out of the bed
Do you have a link for the eBay seller (if they are selling more)

Looks great on your truck!

Old 05-11-2017, 02:26 AM
Tricon
Postmaster
It has weather striping up front and is water tight down the sides. Ive never had issues with water on my last one. I had a bed rug too, so I wouldve noticed.

I bought it from this seller, but it looks like the price has gone up about $15.

Access Vanish 91399 Roll Up Tonneau Cover for F-250/F-350 SD w/80" Bed (6'8") | eBay

Old 05-11-2017, 05:41 AM
JeepPuller
Posting Guru
JeepPuller is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I am a big Access covers fan. I discovered them when I purchased my 2002 f150. Their covers are great. I prefer the original, but they are all made of the same fabric. The weather seal at the front of the bed and the sides do a good job keeping the water out. You can order direct too if you like. Just go to accesscovers.com