1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Hood vs lawn, lawn wins.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 03:54 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Hood vs lawn, lawn wins.

Heah guys, spring is here so I bet you guys in snow territory are glad to be rolling out the trucks, I think about you guys all winter. Anyhoo, I've been scarce around here not because I'm out doing what I need to be doing to the truck but because I mowed the grass and did some spring clean up, not thinking that much about my "RA". One afternoon of work, and it knocked me off my feet for nearly a week, sleeping 18 hrs a day. I got a young brain but the body ????? Just cant do what I could a year ago. I finally back on my feet today so need to take mom shopping, I don't understand why older women need to look at every item in every store making what should be a one our trip a whole afternoon event. Well don't pity me I'm just glad to be alive , sheltered, fed and caretaker of a cool old truck. Looks like Ill be running without a hood this summer but who cares. I know there are many of you that rant quite running yet and would love to be running just missing a hood. You guys hang in there believe me it will be worth the wait once you get em on the road.Take care all, and Rock On.

Old 05-04-2017, 04:26 PM
rico56
More Turbo
Received 71 Likes on 32 Posts
Thanks Jimmy! And all the best for your health! Enjoy the spring and your truck. I can tell You, that not only your mom can spend a whole afternoon in a shopping center, my wife can do this too

Old 05-04-2017, 04:52 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 607 Likes on 377 Posts
Might be worth taking the hood to a bodyman, if he can knock it out in a week or so?

Old 05-04-2017, 05:00 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Sounds like she has a black belt in shopping! Very common, unfortunately. Has to do with our hunter-gatherer roots or somethin'. Men would go out, kill something, and drag it back to the cave.

With women, they were out looking at veggies, seein' which ones were ripe, and checking a few over here, and those over there will maybe be ready next week, and - say, what are those over there!?! Squee!

Old 05-04-2017, 05:44 PM
sawmaned
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i stay in the truck,when my wife gos into the store,i get some of my best sleep.lol

Old 05-04-2017, 06:03 PM
HILLBILLY BOB
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
so far i have been lucky my wife goes shopping by her self.when it comes to grocery shopping,i went with her a couple of times and after she told me to stay home and work on your truck.it cost us more money when you go shopping with me,you are always picking up things that we dont need.so i am happy

Old 05-04-2017, 07:51 PM
bhalemail
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
Might be worth taking the hood to a bodyman, if he can knock it out in a week or so?
Agree, life is too short.

Old 05-04-2017, 09:09 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Originally Posted by sawmaned
i stay in the truck,when my wife gos into the store,i get some of my best sleep.lol
Amen, brother!

Old 05-04-2017, 09:25 PM
jniolon
old and in the way
Received 727 Likes on 259 Posts
Rest up Jim...get them old bones back in sync... I sorta understand your situation... one day of work and knees, hips, hell everything needs two days off to recover.. health problems put everything else in perspective... when I was down with recovery from new hip... there were many things that lost their priority... and most of them didn't get it back ! Get your bod tuned back up so you can enjoy your truck TOPLESS !!!

later
john

Old 05-04-2017, 09:36 PM
pineconeford
Knuckle Bandage Sales Rep

Received 618 Likes on 328 Posts
[QUOTE=HILLBILLY BOB;17166427....when it comes to grocery shopping,i went with her a couple of times and after she told me to stay home and work on your truck.it cost us more money when you go shopping with me,you are always picking up things that we dont need.so i am happy[/QUOTE]

Hey Jimmy, all winter long I think of you guys in the warmer places. I had frost on my windshield this morning
I'm with Hillbilly Bob - I've been banned from grocery shopping. I either buy the cheap generic brands to save money or buy unhealthy junk food.

My 81-year old Mom doesn't get out of the house much so when she does - she likes to make it last.

Yesterday after work I split my time between putting rust coating on the frame and raking the front yard. Didn't finish either one. A little each day as the weather allows.
Tom

Old 05-04-2017, 09:37 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
You don't need a hood to have fun! Keeping yourself healthy is the highest priority. I must have missed the story on your hood....or I forgot...

Originally Posted by sawmaned
I did that the other day. I dropped the girls off at the front door of Target because it was raining. I parked the car and had no desire to go in. So I lounged in the car. My wife sounded surprised when I told her I stayed in the car. Not sure why I was on the trip with them in the first place. Oh well, best to keep the spousal unit happy.

Old 05-05-2017, 07:26 AM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 543 Likes on 349 Posts
A bit of a but I just took a hood to a respected old school bodyman to have the front lip replaced. He told me that manhours (I have the part) would be twice what the $800 hood would be.
Just sayin.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:13 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
You guys are great, I'm just having my morning coffee and am really enjoying reading all your feed back. Life is a blessing, and a person does not have to look far to see someone that is has it worse. While shopping I ran across a young man in a electric wheel chair that only had the use of two fingers. He was trying to flatten a bill to get it into a vending machine, but couldn't. Of course I helped like anyone would. But if that didn't put things back into perspective, I am so lucky. Enjoy the day guys, and thanks.

Old 05-05-2017, 12:41 PM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Thanks Ross, but I'm enjoying the challenge. I just need the time to be able to get back out in the garage to continue the work.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:32 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,615 Likes on 1,456 Posts
Jim, you are a good man! And remember if you are able to take your mother shopping, that is a blessing. Our parents won't be around forever. I wish I could take my Mom shopping!

Have a good day! And good luck with that hood. You've tackled something I never would have tried.

Quick Reply: Hood vs lawn, lawn wins.