Carli 2.5 Leveling Kit - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2017 Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carli 2.5 Leveling Kit

Old 04-26-2017, 10:34 AM
New User

Bajacajun is starting off with a positive reputation.
Carli 2.5 Leveling Kit

Has any body put a Carli leveling kit on their 2017. Im looking to do a level and I don't want any junk. I currently looking at either the backcountry 2.0 kit and the pintop 2.5 kit both with adjustable track bar and leaf springs from carli. Are these kits really worth the 3-4k price tag?
Old 04-26-2017, 10:44 AM
Junior User

ERock62 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I will be doing the Commuter 2.0 leveling kit probably around July.

Their quality is top notch. I work ~5mi from them and checked out their shop not to long ago.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:14 PM
Senior User

FmaxTurboSi is starting off with a positive reputation.
can't go wrong with carli
Old 04-26-2017, 05:22 PM
Senior User

Litre is starting off with a positive reputation.
Waiting for the complete 2.5" leveling kit to become available. Website states that the track bar is due in May.

I heard that there's an issue on supply of the Fox shocks too. I called Carli today and left a voicemail to get info on this (and the track bar status). I have yet to receive a call back, but am hopeful the entire kit will be available and one will be installed on my truck by the end of May!
Old 04-26-2017, 05:26 PM
Senior User

weedwacker4242 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My Pintop kit is at the local shop waiting on me, but I opted to wait until the track bar is delivered so they only have to align once. I got to look at the parts and they look solid and pretty sweet. It's definitely pricey, but they seem to put their stuff through its paces. I've noticed my ride has harshened a bit over the first 2k miles with the FX4 package. I'm looking forward to the cushion as well as the overall look.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:34 PM
New User

I talked to carli yesterday they said may 8th for track bar. Trying to decide if i should pre order or not talked to a couple of companies and they said they are getting there kits around then also. I just don't want them to sell out.
Old 04-26-2017, 08:37 PM
New User

What size wheels and tires are y'all going to do?
Old 04-26-2017, 08:49 PM
Senior User

Litre is starting off with a positive reputation.
I got a call back from Carli this afternoon. It looks like for the leveling kit specifically (not the commuter kit), the track bar will not be part of the kit, nor will ordering the leveling kit pre-order the bar for you. It's apparently inaccurate on their website. You will have to order it separately once it's out

I'm hopeful that it's at least an add-on option when ordering in the future once they work out the kit component inventory shortages. I personally won't install the kit without the bar as I'm not crazy about having my axle not centered.
Old 04-26-2017, 09:39 PM
Senior User

weedwacker4242 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litre View Post
I got a call back from Carli this afternoon. It looks like for the leveling kit specifically (not the commuter kit), the track bar will not be part of the kit, nor will ordering the leveling kit pre-order the bar for you. It's apparently inaccurate on their website. You will have to order it separately once it's out

I'm hopeful that it's at least an add-on option when ordering in the future once they work out the kit component inventory shortages. I personally won't install the kit without the bar as I'm not crazy about having my axle not centered.
I agree. Another reason I held off on having mine installed already. Even though its killing me that its just been sitting in the shop for almost a month. And, yes, I pre-ordered the track bar at the same time I ordered the kit. I ordered right when they started accepting orders.

I am doing 20x9 wheels, 0 offset, 37x12.5s (I think).
Old 04-27-2017, 04:09 AM
Freshman User

RMVA is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajacajun View Post
Has any body put a Carli leveling kit on their 2017. Im looking to do a level and I don't want any junk. I currently looking at either the backcountry 2.0 kit and the pintop 2.5 kit both with adjustable track bar and leaf springs from carli. Are these kits really worth the 3-4k price tag?
Carli makes the best lift kits available. Quality and service can't be beat. I would say Carli isn't for everyone. It's a great lift kit for those who have had other brands. I've previously owned Icon and BDS. I think Icon is over-hyped.

I like Carli because they sell King shocks, which in my opinion are the best shocks to be had. I had a warranty issue with a high dollar Fox shock that the company never responded to. Fox customer service is crap. If you ever have a problem, you may be on your own.

I have since put King 2.5's on my '17 F250 and words cannot express the ride quality difference on/off road. I haven't put a lift on yet...not sure if I will or not this time around. I previously had the Carli 3.0 Dominator on my 2016 F350 and that is the baddest suspension upgrade money can buy.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:16 AM
Freshman User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litre View Post

If you own the leveling kit and need a track bar later, Carli will sell it to you. They have awesome customer support.

The track bar is just on paper I think...which means it won't be released anytime soon from what I hear. If it were available now, I probably would have bought the 2.5 lift kit with my King shocks.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:42 AM
Elder User

kylant is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have everything on my truck except the track bar and Fox 2.0 shocks. I have coils, bump stop drops, sway bar drops, and brake lines.
Carli is still waiting on the shocks. There is no issue on them, there is just a 3 month lead time from order to delivery.
i have talked to Dan at Carli, he said he had all the other shock packages in stock ready to go. I almost bought the Fox reservoir shocks, but couldn’t justify the extra $500.

Currently I have a Readylift trackbar relocation bracket that will be coming off when the track bar is available
Old 04-27-2017, 08:52 AM
New User

Should I just suck it up and spend the extra 1000 and go with the Pintop or just stick with the backcountry?
Old 04-27-2017, 10:42 AM
Freshman User

Quote:
Should I just suck it up and spend the extra 1000 and go with the Pintop or just stick with the backcountry?
Honestly, it really depends what you intend to do with your truck. If you don't go off-road regularly, you don't need the Kings or Fox reservoir shocks...the $600 IFP Fox is all you need or for even less, Bilstein's.

Bilstein is actually in the process of testing protype shocks specific to 2017 Superduty. The 5160's are great shocks for the money, and having a factory specific tuned reservoir shock for less cost to internal reservoir Fox's could be something to seriously consider.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:16 AM
Senior User

Joneser5000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Personally I wouldn't skimp on the suspension of these truck. One can argue that the suspension is probably the single most important upgrade for these vehicles. You don't want to invest money in something you are not happy with. Get the best you can afford to fit your needs. Everyone's needs are different. For me its a pintop all the way. I don't want to spend a chunk of dough only to later regret not spending the extra $1000. Chances are if you want to upgrade to pinto in the future it will cost you more that the $1000 so do it right the first time.

I think I am going to head over to Carli today to talk to them in person. I want to take a look at their '17 SD shop truck with the Pintop system in it.