General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

help from any movie buffs

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 12:04 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts
help from any movie buffs

Ive been trying to find a movie for some time i saw awhile back.. I think it aired on sci-fi channel (before they changed their name) sometime in the 90's when i saw it but might have been a movie from the 80's..

of what i can remember of the plot it took place in a desert somewhere and had a small isolated run down town.. (kind of town where like the motel pools empty and tiles falling off.. cracked concrete.. small diner where everyone seemed to congregate when anything happens with a 2 gas pumps out front..)

some kind of alien space craft (which when they finally show it later in the movie it just looks like a giant rock) crashes outside of the town unknowingly to the residents of the small town.. the aliens are some kind of blue gooey material that are made mostly of water.. when the ship crashed pieces of it broke off over the town so the aliens mimic whatever form they come across (coyote, rabbits, eventually the residents of the town as they slowly start disappearing and being replaced by the replica aliens) to search the surrounding area for the parts of their ship.. which the real residents of the town slowly start noticing their friends and animals acting weirdly.. when one of the replicas were attacked and injured they discovered they werent human because of the blue gooish material inside the human looking form..

in conjunction with the happenings in town whenever people try to leave via the only road in or out of town they encounter an extreme heat barrier a couple miles out that cannot be passed as it encircles the whole area and town.. any vehicle that approaches sputters to a stop and if they end up in the barrier the vehicle will actually explode from the severe heat.. The heat even plays a part in the town as all sources of water have suddenly dried up being absorbed by the crashed ship directly from the ground...

eventually the ships found by a couple town folk when the followed one of the replicas to it.. which they discovered it was ice cold to the touch despite in the extreme heat the area was experiencing and somehow made it inside (cant remember how) to find the real missing town people and animals connected to the ship via more of the blue goopy vines..

after figuring out what it was the replicas were seeking they helps find the pieces to return to the aliens and after they left the temps fell back to normal along with the water sources beginning to work again...

sadly despite my being able to remember all those details i still cant find the movie.. or remember the name..

Old 04-26-2017, 07:13 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,100 Likes on 2,162 Posts
can't help you with the name, but it sounds like a good one i would like to have seen.

maybe one that would be shown on mystery science theater 3000.

Old 04-26-2017, 11:48 AM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by tjc transport
can't help you with the name, but it sounds like a good one i would like to have seen.

maybe one that would be shown on mystery science theater 3000.
it was.. wasnt quite a A-list kind of movie but not a b-movie either.. more like in between kind of like the original Tremors movie kind of style..

lol i havent watched that show in years...

Old 08-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
Sounds like a good one. I really like tremors too!!! Backstop Banzi is on amazon prime 🤯

Old 08-03-2018, 08:40 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
It sounds like Invasion of the Body Snatchers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasi...ers_(1978_film)

Old 08-03-2018, 10:07 PM
Sparky83
FTE Legend
Originally Posted by donjamer

similar but not it... that one was dealing with pod people replicantes... ntm i have that one and dont remember ever seeing the inside of one of them copies...

Old 08-03-2018, 10:13 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Maybe it was another version of it..

There was a 1956, 1978, 1993 and i think a newer one too

Old 08-03-2018, 11:06 PM
ford2go
Cargo Master
Received 142 Likes on 87 Posts
It was also retitled and redone as Pod People and maybe invasion of the pod people. None of the references I saw seem to match the spaceship crash or the startup on plants and animals however.

Maybe it was a clone for the drive in market ( later the straight to video),

hj