6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Yellow Submarine Torque Screen shots

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 08:54 AM
87crewdually
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts
I run the Gearhead 8k tune. I don't have personal experience with Livewire but have heard of false readings. My opinion is there are far more affordable options to just monitor.
Personally I have a ScangaugeII for everyday travels but also carry a Bluetooth OBDII ELM 327 Adapter and Forscan on my phone for code reading and diagnosis on the road. My Scan gauge is set on Engine oil temp, Coolant temp, FICM V, and I toggle one spot for AVG fuel, ICP and IPR for occasional checks.
You could set up a cheap $80 tablet and a $15 OBDII adapter and monitor everything except fuel pressure and EGT. For those 2 I installed independent gauges.
These are just my opinions. I'm sure others will chime in.

Old 04-28-2017, 01:26 PM
diesel_dan
Lead Driver
Received 411 Likes on 272 Posts
Originally Posted by Royson12

I can't find ICP Volts in the PID'S list on Torque. I have IPR Duty cycle. See screen shot. Maybe it's missing Labeled? Or called something else by this App?
First question I have is did you, when you first set up torque, Load the Ford Specific PID set? A word of warning: loading this set after you've been changing PIDs, will wipe all that out (it overlays the file apparently).

Next, this thread will give more gauges you can set-up yourself, including ICP Volts (post #12):

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ew-gauges.html

Good luck,
Scott

Old 04-28-2017, 02:06 PM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I do the same as 87crewdually, scan gauge for daily, toggle a couple when needed, torque with phone and ForScan light at the ready.

And can carry IDS.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:11 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Originally Posted by 87crewdually
I run the Gearhead 8k tune. I don't have personal experience with Livewire but have heard of false readings. My opinion is there are far more affordable options to just monitor.
Personally I have a ScangaugeII for everyday travels but also carry a Bluetooth OBDII ELM 327 Adapter and Forscan on my phone for code reading and diagnosis on the road. My Scan gauge is set on Engine oil temp, Coolant temp, FICM V, and I toggle one spot for AVG fuel, ICP and IPR for occasional checks.
You could set up a cheap $80 tablet and a $15 OBDII adapter and monitor everything except fuel pressure and EGT. For those 2 I installed independent gauges.
These are just my opinions. I'm sure others will chime in.
Don't forget that the handheld can be left at home in a safe place so that some punk
does not break you window and take the stupid thing. They is you have not done
your backups on top of a new tuner you have to reset the PCM back to stock.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:10 PM
Royson12
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yahiko
Don't forget that the handheld can be left at home in a safe place so that some punk
does not break you window and take the stupid thing. They is you have not done
your backups on top of a new tuner you have to reset the PCM back to stock.
Good point, there are some crooks about theses days. That's why I'm looking for an filter minder, filter clips, and used egr. Somebody took them at the insurance auction, I guess. EBay sent gonna get dome more money. Gonna save up to get that sct.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:23 PM
WatsonR
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Someone open the hood and take your stuff?

Old 05-08-2017, 11:46 PM
Royson12
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by WatsonR
Someone open the hood and take your stuff?
it was an insurance truck. it sat on a lot somewhere, and got looted. heck it might have got looted before it hit the yard. its a flood truck.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:53 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
I hate the idea of a yard truck in that the tow truck
person robs it first then all the @ at the storage yard
take the second shot at it.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:22 PM
Royson12
Posting Guru
well, ordered today.
  • motorcraft air filter
  • motorcraft oil filter
  • air filter clips x 4
  • sct 4 brand spankin new(wife might commit murder?)
  • 2 new headlight assemblies
time to get crackin on this thing again this weekend. Im going to try and find a wrecking yard egr. 100 bucks to just make the fan work, ouch!

Old 05-13-2017, 02:36 PM
Royson12
Posting Guru
Well, got my SCT4. Got it updated. Got my aircleaner all done. Now moving on to fuel filters, Oil, and Coolant.

I noticed when I was readjusting the exaust, it has a lot of what smells like burned motor oil in it? I hope that's just soot! I guess I will know soon.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:48 PM
Royson12
Posting Guru
Well, got my SCT4. Got it updated. Got my aircleaner all done. Now moving on to fuel filters, Oil, and Coolant.

I noticed when I was readjusting the exaust, it has a lot of what smells like burned motor oil in it? I hope that's just soot! I guess I will know soon.
Well, got around to fuel filters tonight. Got the exhaust strapped up, and finished. Bad news, maybe. Removed the upper fuel filter, bowl emptied Itself? Somehow? Don't know if that's normal. To me, it's not. Some one educate me. Also, lots of rust in the fuel bowl. Bulbed that out, then blew it out, then dried it out. Put a new filter in. Motorcroft on yalls recommendations. Now on to the bottom fuel filter. I'm skeeered!

Old 05-18-2017, 09:11 PM
Royson12
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bismic
An example of detailed information associated with codes:

P0460

Fuel level sensor A. Float arm in the tank, bad instrument cluster, you keep filling the tank up to the same level (customer fueling habits), or fuel pump module concern.

Fuel Level Sensor A circuit: TSB 06-13-11
Can be caused by the installation of aftermarket equipment such as remote starter systems and auxiliary fuel tanks.

Auxiliary fuel tanks that continuously replenish the vehicles main tank will cause a P0460. Customers that replenish the vehicles fuel tank from the auxiliary fuel tank while the key is on and engine is running, can set P0460.

The newest calibration will contain a revised strategy to eliminate the occurrence of a false P0460.

Not easy to say which of the above is your issue without more information.

P0069 - You have a MAP/Baro correlation code - post the individual values for MAP and Baro (and EBP) - KOEO.

P2269 - You may not have water in the fuel (but it certainly might). Since it was submerged at one time, the sensor and manifold plate could be rusted and the current fuel and WIF reservoir contents could be fine. Drain the reservoir into a glass jar and report back what you find. If there is no water, then try cleaning the reservoir by blowing WD40 or something similar in there and flushing it out (bend a straw, stick it in, and flush). If that doesn't clear it, we can post part numbers for the sensor and manifold cover (again - if needed).

I assume your fuel filters are new and in good shape?
OK, got back to you. Drained bottom fuel filter to change. Drained it in a jar like you suggested. No water visible. So, shoot wd40 in the drain hole, before I replace the filter? Or, better yet take off the filter, since I'm changing it anyway, then blow it out with water displacement formula number 40?

Old 05-18-2017, 09:14 PM
Royson12
Posting Guru
OK, got back to you. Drained bottom fuel filter to change. Drained it in a jar like you suggested. No water visible. So, shoot wd40 in the drain hole, before I replace the filter? Or, better yet take off the filter, since I'm changing it anyway, then blow it out with water displacement formula number 40?
Oh, and incase you didn't see the post prior to last time. Lots of rust in the upper bowl. So, I figure your gonna be right about the rust all over the sensor.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:10 PM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
I have never had mine drain when the sitting
even with the cover off. If your finding a lot of
rust you might want to think about blowing the
lines out back to the tank and cleaning the HFCM.
It's a lot of work but only the HFCM gasket and the
tank top seal if you do replace the seals.

Old 05-18-2017, 10:35 PM
Royson12
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Yahiko
I have never had mine drain when the sitting
even with the cover off. If your finding a lot of
rust you might want to think about blowing the
lines out back to the tank and cleaning the HFCM.
It's a lot of work but only the HFCM gasket and the
tank top seal if you do replace the seals.
what the heck is a HFCM?

Quick Reply: Yellow Submarine Torque Screen shots