2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Trucks built week of April 23

Old 04-28-2017, 12:20 PM
Johnpsz
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by tidwellfarms
Hey johnpsz, where did you get the info on your ETA? Mine was ordered on 3/18/17 and I got the build date from etis this morning as 4/27
I got the ETA from Ford Chat, some Chat agents tell you that they cannot access it but others will do the extra leg work if you are polite and respectful, see the transcript from my chat session yesterday:
Originally Posted by Ford Chat transcript
A Ford representative will be with you shortly.
Raquel says:
Hello John. My name is Raquel how can I help you?
John says:
Hello, I would like to inquire about my truck order
John says:
VIN 1FT8W4DT3HED42912, order number A002, Dealer F74406
Raquel says:
I am happy to provide you the current status of your vehicle order. It will be a brief moment while I look into this for you.
John says:
thanks you
John says:
thank you
Raquel says:
You're welcome. Thank you for briefly,waiting. I show that your vehicle order is awaiting shipment, currently.
John says:
do you happen to see an ETA?
Raquel says:
Yes, it does. The estimated delivery date to the dealership is 5/28/17. Please keep in mind that the delivery date is just an estimate and is subject to change. Your dealership has 2 to 3 business days to inspect and prep your vehicle to be delivered to you.
John says:
thank you for your assistance, have a great day.
Raquel says:
You're very welcome. Thank you for chatting with Ford Motor Company, please take a short survey to rate my service. Click on the small "X" in the top right hand corner to launch the survey. Have a great day!
My dealership is a little slow see this email I got from them last night after I told them what Ford Chat said:
Originally Posted by my salesman via email
Hey John, hope all is well. I was not intentionally ignoring your emails, you just kept beating me to the punch....by the time I got an update you had emailed me about it, ha.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:25 PM
ckrampota1
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnpsz
Here are some resources:
Cotus Main site = Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com
Cotus secondary site = Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com
Cotus internal ford testing site = Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com
ETIS = https://www.etis.ford.com
Ford Chat = Live Chat or https://www.ford.com/help/contact/
Ford Window sticker = http://www.windowsticker.forddirect....8W3BT3HED65751 (append your VIN to the URL) if on a phone and you cannot modify the URL use Look Up Window Sticker
Thanks for all the help and info.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:30 PM
Johnpsz
More Turbo
Originally Posted by ckrampota1
Also, once i'm finally able to get my window sticker, how can you tell the build date?

New user here.... Ordered mine on 4/24 and got my VIN# yesterday. i doubt my sticker will be issued yet, but I was also pretty surprised when i got my VIN# in 3 days

Thanks for the help
In the lower gray section of the window sticker there will be a date following a few other codes, not the date at the very bottom in the white section.

The gray section date is what we refer to as the window sticker date or W/S date, and the build "normally" happens 7-8 days later than that date, there have been a few that were a few days longer.

That Gray/Window Sticker date is the day your truck "completes" the "In Order Processing" phase and moves to the "In Production" phase.

The Date in White at the bottom, changes when it cycles through the different stages, and a new PDF is generated. So for mine the W/S date was 4/19, but the white date read 4/20 during the period it was in the "In Production" stage of the process. The once it moved to "Awaiting Shipment" it changed to the 4/27 date.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:44 PM
Johnpsz
More Turbo
Originally Posted by 44Dan44
Well, ETIS certainly does make you raise your eyebrows when it fully updates, double cab terminology
I cannot wait for mine to update, so it took like 3-4 days after the build for ETIS to update for you from just the build date to all the details?

Old 04-28-2017, 12:49 PM
ckrampota1
Junior User
In the lower gray section of the window sticker there will be a date following a few other codes, not the date at the very bottom in the white section.

The gray section date is what we refer to as the window sticker date or W/S date, and the build "normally" happens 7-8 days later than that date, there have been a few that were a few days longer.

That Gray/Window Sticker date is the day your truck "completes" the "In Order Processing" phase and moves to the "In Production" phase.

The Date in White at the bottom, changes when it cycles through the different stages, and a new PDF is generated. So for mine the W/S date was 4/19, but the white date read 4/20 during the period it was in the "In Production" stage of the process. The once it moved to "Awaiting Shipment" it changed to the 4/27 date.
Perfect, thank you very much. Now i just have to kep checking to see when my window sticker will be available.

Thanks again for all the help

Old 04-28-2017, 12:49 PM
Johnpsz
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Frost27
Not that I'm unappreciative of the COTUS and ETIS systems, but for the amount of money they rake in a day for just these vehicles alone makes you wonder how a $2.00 Amazon package has better tracking.

Even some vaguely realistic numbers would suffice for me. Waited 45 days for the order to be processed while others have seen it in as little as a week. Something like this week is XLs, next week is KRs, or you have 700 orders before yours. I mean I knew the 8-12 week timeline was a real possibility, but being in the dark for such a large purchase is kind of silly.

My dealer tells me that I'm getting better updates on the consumer side than they are.

I know none of it will matter once it arrives, but the lack of info sometimes is frustrating.

Here's to a hopeful week early delivery
I hear you, I got nothing from my dealership and took it into my own hands to research it all.

Old 04-28-2017, 12:55 PM
Johnpsz
More Turbo
Originally Posted by tidwellfarms
Hey johnpsz, where did you get the info on your ETA? Mine was ordered on 3/18/17 and I got the build date from etis this morning as 4/27
Cool, mine was built on 4/26, they may be sharing a rail car out to Oregon...

Old 04-28-2017, 02:52 PM
44Dan44
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I cannot wait for mine to update, so it took like 3-4 days after the build for ETIS to update for you from just the build date to all the details?
Yep, I've checked every day since the 24th, today is the first change since it went from placeholder date to build date.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:18 PM
tidwellfarms
Junior User
I got the ETA from Ford Chat, some Chat agents tell you that they cannot access it but others will do the extra leg work if you are polite and respectful, see the transcript from my chat session yesterday:

My dealership is a little slow see this email I got from them last night after I told them what Ford Chat said:
Thanks John. I was able to get with Ford Chat and they gave me an ETA of 5/28 too! I also see you are in Oregon, I am as well. I ordered mine from Wilson Ford in Corvallis. Small world!

Old 04-28-2017, 03:30 PM
Johnpsz
More Turbo
Originally Posted by 44Dan44
Yep, I've checked every day since the 24th, today is the first change since it went from placeholder date to build date.
Ugh, so since mine switched out the placeholder on the 27th (yesterday) I still have a few days til it updates then. So, I guess refreshing it 5 times so far today has been pointless, lol...

On a another note, I just wrapped up a Ford Chat session: My truck has officially moved from "Awaiting Shipment" to "In Transit" and the ETA dropped from 5/28 to 5/25 (subject to change, of course).

Old 04-28-2017, 03:57 PM
44Dan44
More Turbo
Ugh, so since mine switched out the placeholder on the 27th (yesterday) I still have a few days til it updates then. So, I guess refreshing it 5 times so far today has been pointless, lol...

On a another note, I just wrapped up a Ford Chat session: My truck has officially moved from "Awaiting Shipment" to "In Transit" and the ETA dropped from 5/28 to 5/25 (subject to change, of course).
Awesome. Just checked as well, ETA change to 5/8 and in transit as well. And the MX4 showed up today

Attached Images  
Old 04-28-2017, 04:06 PM
Johnpsz
More Turbo
I'm jealous of your shop space, my garage/shop is poorly lit (1 regular 60W lightbulb for a 24X36 building) and full of junk with like 2 walking paths. I cannot even open one of the garage doors because so much stuff is piled up in that bay, lol. My wife has me listing a lot of the stuff on CL to "make room" for the new truck.

Old 04-28-2017, 04:16 PM
44Dan44
More Turbo
I am blessed indeed. The house was built by a Corvette collector, this area is set-up like a auto showroom with floor drains, exhaust system, drive in glass doors like you see at the dealerships, etc. The garage itself is separate, 3 car extra deep. I count myself as extremely lucky to have found it, we had pretty much given up and decided to build, we were just driving the dog around one day and saw it in a great neighborhood we had never even noticed.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:42 PM
Johnpsz
More Turbo
Last night ETIS showed the full build details, interesting reading it all and interpreting it compared to my truck.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:11 PM
Johnpsz
More Turbo
Has anyone recieved a range for the ETA? I just got an email update from my dealership, not my salesman as he is out on Mondays and Tuesdays. The email stated:
Originally Posted by email from dealership
At this time Ford has given an ETA on 5/18/2017 - 5/24/2017.... now this is not guaranteed, as the ETA has been known to change. if we see a change in that we will be sure to let you know.
The odd thing is everywhere else I looked and heard from guys who got truck before me, they always had a single ETA date. But it looks like I'm between 2.5 - 3 weeks out, I hope that's true.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trucks built week of April 23