2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Should I remove 4x4 sticker from my new F250?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 12:21 PM
LEDman
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sticker and Powerstroke badges removed, PTM 250 badge. I don't regret removing the sticker, but am considering adding the powerstroke badges back on.

Old 04-29-2017, 01:28 PM
MagicMtnDan
Laughing Gas
Received 140 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by LEDman

Sticker and Powerstroke badges removed, PTM 250 badge. I don't regret removing the sticker, but am considering adding the powerstroke badges back on.

Your SD looks great! Nice photo too

What size tires and wheels? Which model wheels are they?

I'm all for cleaning up the look of the truck but I'm leaving the PS badges - don't want anyone to think I'm driving a gasser. (No offense to gassers but if I'm paying a zillion dollars for a PS diesel I want folks to know that even if they can hear it )

Old 04-29-2017, 01:34 PM
MJR777
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, I like having a little contrast on the truck to break it up a little bit -- Blue Jeans Mono Tone King Ranch w/20" Platinum Wheels

Old 04-29-2017, 01:39 PM
DISLTom
Senior User
Originally Posted by MJR777
Personally, I like having a little contrast on the truck to break it up a little bit -- Blue Jeans Mono Tone King Ranch w/20" Platinum Wheels
I dream of one day having a garage big enough to fit a 250. My 150 quit fitting the day I put up 5/8" sheet rock in the garage.

Old 04-29-2017, 02:53 PM
LEDman
Senior User
Originally Posted by MagicMtnDan

I'm all for cleaning up the look of the truck but I'm leaving the PS badges - don't want anyone to think I'm driving a gasser. (No offense to gassers but if I'm paying a zillion dollars for a PS diesel I want folks to know that even if they can hear it )
Thanks

Just some cheap Racelines from Les Schwab. I was so pissed that my stock 20s rubbed with these 37s, I didn't want to throw much money at them. They are 20x9 with +18 offset so they are tucked under without rubbing radius arms. I love the 37" Toyo RTs, but they look small on these trucks.

Yeah, I'm considering getting those PS badges back on. There is a guy on facebook that is painting those two tone also, and they look pretty cool.

Old 04-29-2017, 03:00 PM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DISLTom
I dream of one day having a garage big enough to fit a 250. My 150 quit fitting the day I put up 5/8" sheet rock in the garage.
I am not making light of your dilemma as I suffer from the same. And I have a little 2015 model.
They just don't make garages like they used to. It is a shame.
I just had my unattached carport extended 5 feet, at no little expense.

I think things started going downhill ever since "The Muppet Show" went off the air. Terrible set of circumstances. I was hoping President Trump would address the problem, but he seems to have other more pressing issues at the moment, or at least he feels they are more pressing. I wonder what sort of parking arrangements for his truck(s) they have at The Whitehouse.

Old 04-29-2017, 03:39 PM
rj112275
Freshman User
Vote for no stickers

Couldn't stand the graphics any longer. Gone!

Old 04-30-2017, 11:49 PM
Chuey
Junior User
Originally Posted by rj112275

Couldn't stand the graphics any longer. Gone!

Nice and clean. No PS symbols, no 4x4 decals. Ruby Red (candy apple red to me) says enough.
Have to paint the massive chrome PLATINUM panel on the tailgate next.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:51 AM
Nearly Normal Mike
Senior User
Originally Posted by Chuey

Nice and clean. No PS symbols, no 4x4 decals. Ruby Red (candy apple red to me) says enough.
I don't usually care for red, but now THAT is a beautiful truck.
I just left my tailgate panel alone. I just as soon it were not there but it is not worth the hassle or expense to deal with it.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:50 AM
44Dan44
More Turbo
Looking at all your great pics I'm leaning;
Long Bed - leave the sticker, needs a little something to fill the space
Short Bed- remove the sticker, declutters the space.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:56 AM
LEDman
Senior User

Originally Posted by MagicMtnDan

A little more clarity....

I'm running a 2.5" coil level. It's a level, but instead of spacers, I have longer coils in front. I also have the PMF 3-link radius arms which makes the truck track better. You will need an adjustable track bar because the level will set your axle off center. All alignment shops will know how to install these things. Most people only go with the track bar and level, the 3-link is just a very nice addition, but it costs about $800. I mounted 37s on the stock 20" wheels and they rubbed the radius arms, so I was forced to go with aftermarket wheels. I just got cheap Les Schwab Raceline wheels 20x9 with a +18 offset. That keeps them tucked under for a stock look, but moves them out about a 1/2" so they don't rub. They don't rub at all now. Not on the radius arms and not on the wheel wells. I wasted a lot of money will a different level and stock wheels, only to finally figure this configuration out. It drives fantastic. You can get the Icon Coils, track bar, and 3-link from PMFsuspension. You will want longer shock, so I just went with new fox shocks all around. You can buy them from PMF also. Way better than the crappy Ranchos. Just google them. Or you can check out the “2017 6.7 Powerstrokes” fb group. There is a lot of information there.

Old 05-02-2017, 04:29 PM
JeepPuller
Fleet Mechanic
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
I threw this pic on my build thread, but feel compelled to add it here too...

Name:  WcteneN.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  1.54 MB

Old 05-03-2017, 11:42 AM
AMXDREAMER
Posting Guru
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuey

Have you seen the thread where the owner used a satin/matte black wrap on the platinum tailgate on his Ruby? It looks fantastic!

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...um-owners.html

Old 05-03-2017, 11:58 AM
shortride
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I had the FX4 stickers removed this morning while the windows were being tinted.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:11 PM
Chuey
Junior User
Originally Posted by AMXDREAMER
Have you seen the thread where the owner used a satin/matte black wrap on the platinum tailgate on his Ruby? It looks fantastic!

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...um-owners.html
Thanks, I hadn't seen that thread. The black F150 is exactly what I had in my mind. All ruby red tailgate with the two horizontal indented lines and the PLATINUM staying chrome. I liked the 2016 PLATINUM letters. Ruby Red is enough eye candy for me. That chunk of chrome is not my idea of a simple but classy look.
Thanks again, that made my decision a go.
It will be awhile, but I will post pics when done. Just got back from 4800 mile, 5 weeks camp/travel road trip. Air bags and shock's first.

Quick Reply: Should I remove 4x4 sticker from my new F250?