2018 G2G / Mammoth Cave NP... - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

2018 G2G / Mammoth Cave NP...

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 G2G / Mammoth Cave NP...

Old 04-18-2017, 08:41 AM
Sailor_Roy
Montana Chapter LDR
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat View Post
That's a lot of barks to silence Mike but if you can do it, more power to ya. Lots of guys had dogs in Dells last year and I rarely heard any of them...
Doggies are good campers......

Old 04-18-2017, 08:42 AM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
50 Amp, full hookup, limited tree cover....need to be able to setup Satellite dish! Sounds like Jellystone would be a good choice! Maybe we can buy our own wading pool at the local Walmart, and just sit around in our skivvies......

Old 04-18-2017, 08:54 AM
tmilicia
Senior User
tmilicia has a great reputation on FTE.tmilicia has a great reputation on FTE.tmilicia has a great reputation on FTE.tmilicia has a great reputation on FTE.
Jellystone is also adding an expansion called Karst Beach this year. They are putting in one of these water playgrounds, this looks like a blast:

Old 04-18-2017, 09:00 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Wow, great find Tony!

Old 04-18-2017, 09:00 AM
Sailor_Roy
Montana Chapter LDR
Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by tmilicia View Post
Jellystone is also adding an expansion called Karst Beach this year. They are putting in one of these water playgrounds, this looks like a blast:
WOW..........

All they need now is an Aircraft Carrier.........

Old 04-18-2017, 09:09 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Maryann made a good point on dates. Perhaps the last week in June is better crowd wise? Lots of folks will be planning a trip for July 4th so the week before should be a bit slower.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:17 AM
fordmantpw
Posting Guru
fordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to allfordmantpw is a name known to all
That sounds like a blast! However, we were just in the area last year, and I doubt I could convince the fam to go back.

We stayed here for 4 or 5 days and it was a nice park. Not much to do there, but a good, clean park. It's a Good Sam Park for those that are GS members.

Ensure you hit the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green while you are nearby. I'm a Ford guy, but the museum is pretty cool. We didn't take the tour of the assembly plant, but I've heard it's well worth it as well.

Another note, for those of you who trek a ways away from home quite a bit, we use RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks to read reviews and get details on campgrounds before committing to reservations. I use the Google maps feature to look at the satellite pics to get an idea on shade and site spacing.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:23 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Good tips Tom. I do much of the same when researching....

Old 04-18-2017, 09:31 AM
djousma
Posting Guru
djousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to beholddjousma is a splendid one to behold
I use RV Trip Planning Made Easy - RV Trip Wizard for planning longer trips. It is a annual subscription website, but it combines google maps for route selection, and then plots out campgrounds, fuel stops, etc along your planned route. You setup low/med/high daily travel distances, and when trying to select stops for a multi-day travel plan, allows you to easily see campgrounds at/near your daily mileage limit. At the end of it all, you can print turn-by-turn driving instuctions, or you can download the custom waypoints into your GPS for navigation use.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:14 AM
my_crib_too
Posting Guru
my_crib_too has a brilliant futuremy_crib_too has a brilliant futuremy_crib_too has a brilliant futuremy_crib_too has a brilliant futuremy_crib_too has a brilliant futuremy_crib_too has a brilliant futuremy_crib_too has a brilliant futuremy_crib_too has a brilliant futuremy_crib_too has a brilliant futuremy_crib_too has a brilliant futuremy_crib_too has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by fordmantpw View Post

Ensure you hit the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green while you are nearby. I'm a Ford guy, but the museum is pretty cool. We didn't take the tour of the assembly plant, but I've heard it's well worth it as well.
When we last took this tour, several years back, makes me laugh at all the threads here about new vehicle break-in periods. Maybe this has changed but during our tour, from the moment the car left the assembly line, went on the dyno, and received final inspection the tires were smoking. They were "tested" well until they reached their parking spot outside for shipping. Later when the new owner is worried about varied speeds and not stepping on it for the first few thousand miles, the very first driver of your car, at the factory did not share this concern.

bruce....

Old 04-18-2017, 10:53 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
And those employees did the end user a favor. I use the same break in method on everything I own Bruce...

Old 04-18-2017, 11:01 AM
SDElwood
The BeerMaster
SDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputationSDElwood has a superb reputation
I have to figure out how to put wheels under my Tiki Bar....

Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2017, 11:38 AM
LabCab
Posting Guru
LabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud ofLabCab has much to be proud of
2019 Glacier/Yellowstone would be perfect for us, we will be retired and living up in Washington by then!

Old 04-18-2017, 03:53 PM
sdetweil
Post Fiend
sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.sdetweil has a spectacular reputation.
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy View Post
2018 We are staying closer to home.......

2019.......Glacier or Yellowstone....?????
I am thinking of Yellowstone for 2018.. need to go west!..

Old 04-18-2017, 05:47 PM
Sailor_Roy
Montana Chapter LDR
Originally Posted by sdetweil View Post
I am thinking of Yellowstone for 2018.. need to go west!..
WE could see you there Sam.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 G2G / Mammoth Cave NP...

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: