6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

5th wheel causing U1900 ABS CEL?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 08:39 AM
thaemcee2
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 87crewdually
I haven't had time to use Forscan on the laptop but I did plug in this afternoon and checked mine with Forscan lite. In all modules the BO/O switch turns from off to on immediately pressing the brake pedal.
Are you using the laptop version?
There's got to be a connection with the Cruise Control not working too.
. There's a test procedure for checking cruise buttons if I remember right. I'll try to find it or maybe Sean can post the PDF.
87 thanks, I used Forscan Lite on my iPhone as I have a Macbook computer and I dont think they have software for that yet....

in any event, I want to confirm that you saw both BOO switches turn on? Cause you can only see those 2 BOO switches from the PCM dashboard...And Im not talking about the BOO_TBC or BOO_ABS cause those are working, its just 1 of the 2 BOO switches! UGH! Am I even supposed to have 2 BOOs?

I do have the procedure for testing the CC, I tried it with no avail... I am going to check the wiring, going to press the cruise on and coast at same time to see if my horn goes off (rule out clock spring), also going to press brakes very hard several times then turn truck on....i have researching this non stop and these are some possible solutions! also read it could be related to the DTRS Digital Trans Range Switch and even the parking brake switch...maybe either of those are bad? Let me know about the 2 BOO switches! Thanks

Steve

Old 04-28-2017, 09:24 AM
87crewdually
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by thaemcee2
87 thanks, I used Forscan Lite on my iPhone as I have a Macbook computer and I dont think they have software for that yet....

in any event, I want to confirm that you saw both BOO switches turn on? Cause you can only see those 2 BOO switches from the PCM dashboard...And Im not talking about the BOO_TBC or BOO_ABS cause those are working, its just 1 of the 2 BOO switches! UGH! Am I even supposed to have 2 BOOs?

I do have the procedure for testing the CC, I tried it with no avail... I am going to check the wiring, going to press the cruise on and coast at same time to see if my horn goes off (rule out clock spring), also going to press brakes very hard several times then turn truck on....i have researching this non stop and these are some possible solutions! also read it could be related to the DTRS Digital Trans Range Switch and even the parking brake switch...maybe either of those are bad? Let me know about the 2 BOO switches! Thanks

Steve
I'll double check but I'm pretty sure I checked all BOO switch readouts and always got a commanded on or off.
For the parking brake switch, It's a simple switch and by pressing the parking brake the RED BRAKE dash light will illuminate if it's working.

Old 04-28-2017, 11:15 AM
thaemcee2
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
great news! After checking the parking brake switch for proper function I decided the hell with it and took it for a test drive, turns out I got CC to work by pressing COAST! So weird but it does work properly aside from turning it on by pressing Coast as opposed to pressing ON, so maybe the ON button is shot...in any event, thank you for your help, now I have no check engine lights for my brakes anymore and can focus on my turbo!

Old 04-28-2017, 11:35 AM
87crewdually
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by thaemcee2
great news! After checking the parking brake switch for proper function I decided the hell with it and took it for a test drive, turns out I got CC to work by pressing COAST! So weird but it does work properly aside from turning it on by pressing Coast as opposed to pressing ON, so maybe the ON button is shot...in any event, thank you for your help, now I have no check engine lights for my brakes anymore and can focus on my turbo!
Awesome! It sounds like it's working normal now. Hitting the ON button turns the system on but gives no indicators. It's when you hit SET or COAST button is when it actually engages and turns on the indicator light.
You may or may not know that and I don't know how familiar you are with it.
But on to the turbo!