2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Factory Sprayed Bed Liner v Line-X

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 03:50 PM
ToUtahNow
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Sprayed Bed Liner v Line-X

I took my truck in today to get a Line-X spray bed liner. I was not impressed with pictures I have seen of the factory liners because they just masked fasteners and plugs off. I was very impressed with my Line-X dealer and the quality of his work. He removed all of the fasteners, the lights, the plugs and the service access panel to the tailgate(sprayed off of the truck). I could not be happier with the finished project.

Mark

Attached Images    
Old 04-14-2017, 04:16 PM
MagicMtnDan
Laughing Gas
Received 140 Likes on 86 Posts
So, did you have new hardware used since that's what Ford says to do when loosening or removing it?

Old 04-14-2017, 04:17 PM
Johnpsz
More Turbo
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Looks good, I opted for Line-X over the factory liner, but mainly due to speed of getting the truck to me. I needed my truck 12 weeks from the date of order and the dealer suggested I not get the liner, just in case it slows the process.

Just curious, is there a plug or something that is supposed to be in that hole in the center of your tailgate?

Old 04-14-2017, 04:26 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MagicMtnDan
So, did you have new hardware used since that's what Ford says to do when loosening or removing it?
The ford manual says to do that with just about every screw and bolt, I asked a local ford body shop about replacing bolts, they don't unless they get bent or stripped. The dealer isnt even replacing the bolts on my drive shaft that the manual shows to replace when replacing my rear t-case seal.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:27 PM
FDHog
Junior User
No, that hole is normal. Have it in my F250, and had it in my F150 too. Bringing my new truck in to get Line-X next week. Had it in 3 previous trucks and won't use anything else.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:33 PM
ToUtahNow
Senior User
Originally Posted by Johnpsz
Looks good, I opted for Line-X over the factory liner, but mainly due to speed of getting the truck to me. I needed my truck 12 weeks from the date of order and the dealer suggested I not get the liner, just in case it slows the process.

Just curious, is there a plug or something that is supposed to be in that hole in the center of your tailgate?
No there was not a plug there when I bought the truck. I'm not sure if it is to service the tailgate or whatever.

Mark

Old 04-14-2017, 04:37 PM
FmaxTurboSi
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got my truck line-x'd also. I opted to get my bed bolts sprayed over. I didn't want my bed to shift. Plus I hope/plan not removing the bolts for any reason.

No plug for the hole on my tailgate as well.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:49 PM
Habemus Quattro
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe that hole is where the "lock" for the foldable bed extender accessory goes.

Old 04-14-2017, 04:56 PM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Habemus Quattro
I believe that hole is where the "lock" for the foldable bed extender accessory goes.
yes that is where the bed extender would lock into.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:03 PM
lotsofords
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have to say, that I got the factory bed liner and I am pleased. Just speaking for myself, I look at all of those details you guys mentioned, like masked off, bolt heads, etc, when she is brand new I look at every inch.
Then after a very short time, it is just a pickup box and none of that seems to make a difference. I had Line-x in my last truck. Over all I was pleased with that as well.
The one that I think is cool is what I put in my Jeep. It was colored to match the paint. It came in a kit and I installed myself. All interior surfaces were done. It has held up great and it's not black.

Old 04-15-2017, 12:51 AM
Davparks2
Mountain Pass
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys be careful with line x had a horror story of my dealer not reinstalling bed bolts correctly and twisting the bed on the frame. They also over sprayed my tailgate step through that hole so now i have big line x splotch on my step that wont come off. I took it back and they reinstalled the bed bolts correctly and fortunatly no permanent damage was done to bed but i was sweating bullets. Nothing they could do on step over spray just make sure they mask the step under that whole.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:27 AM
2009kr
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Davparks2
Guys be careful with line x had a horror story of my dealer not reinstalling bed bolts correctly and twisting the bed on the frame. They also over sprayed my tailgate step through that hole so now i have big line x splotch on my step that wont come off. I took it back and they reinstalled the bed bolts correctly and fortunatly no permanent damage was done to bed but i was sweating bullets. Nothing they could do on step over spray just make sure they mask the step under that whole.
I like my linex. They did the same thing with my tailgate step. They used a solvent and elbow grease to remove the overspray.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:44 AM
ToUtahNow
Senior User
On my truck they removed that panel and sprayed it off of the truck.

Mark

Old 04-15-2017, 07:54 AM
JeepPuller
Fleet Mechanic
Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by ToUtahNow
On my truck they removed that panel and sprayed it off of the truck.

Mark
this is what my installer did too.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:28 AM
noimports
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsofords
I have to say, that I got the factory bed liner and I am pleased. Just speaking for myself, I look at all of those details you guys mentioned, like masked off, bolt heads, etc, when she is brand new I look at every inch.
Then after a very short time, it is just a pickup box and none of that seems to make a difference. I had Line-x in my last truck. Over all I was pleased with that as well.
The one that I think is cool is what I put in my Jeep. It was colored to match the paint. It came in a kit and I installed myself. All interior surfaces were done. It has held up great and it's not black.
I agree. It's just a pickup bed. This is my second truck with the factory liner and I have zero issues with it.

Quick Reply: Factory Sprayed Bed Liner v Line-X