The Price of Bronco's Lately - Page 3 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Price of Bronco's Lately

Old 02-07-2018, 08:21 AM
Learning slowly...

Tim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruners4 View Post
Check the rear brake light bulbs to make sure that they are NOT LED bulbs.
Curious. Why?
Old 02-07-2018, 12:02 PM
Senior User

45FMJoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
On the OBS trucks the transmission/cruise control and brake light circuit is all in one. If you try to put LED bulbs in the taillights, there isn't enough resistance in the line and it screws with everything. One symptom is the torque converter will unlock when you tap the brakes. The fix is to solder resistors in line before the taillight sockets. I don't want to hack up the wiring on my '95 F-250 so my brake lights aren't LED. The older trucks don't have this problem so my '79 Bronco will have LEDs all around.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:15 PM
Posting Guru

McLeod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.McLeod is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
How come so many people want to do LEDs instead of just using the original style light bulbs?
Old 02-07-2018, 01:38 PM
Learning slowly...

Tim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to beholdTim Hodgson is a splendid one to behold
45FMJoe: Reps sent!

Your information on the transmission/cruise control and brake light circuit deserves its own thread !!! Thank you for your contribution(s) buddy!
Old 02-07-2018, 04:36 PM
Senior User

45FMJoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Hodgson View Post
45FMJoe: Reps sent!

Your information on the transmission/cruise control and brake light circuit deserves its own thread !!! Thank you for your contribution(s) buddy!

No problem! I actually just bought the F-250 a couple months ago so I'm still learning all about the OBS trucks but I've always loved the body style. I will say this, get rid of the yellow dome light cover for the clear one Broncograveyard sells and swap in an LED bulb, the difference is night and day. LEDs are safe to use in everything except the brake light circuit. You need an electronic flasher to use LEDs in your turn signals and in the gauge cluster you can't use LED for the brake warning lights or 4x4 indicator lights. Everything else is good to go, though.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:41 PM
Learning slowly...

45FMJoe: OK Mr. light guy, what should I do to get my headlight low beams on with my high beams when I have 9007 halogen dual filament single bulbs? See below:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...tune-up-2.html

I am about to buy a Corolla replacement headlight assembly and cut off the lens and glue the dual bulb projector bulb holders to the back of oem '95 Bronco/F150 diffuser lenses to get both on at the same time...
Old 02-08-2018, 08:56 AM
Senior User

Redark1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
if your using the relay kit for the headlights then it should only take adding a jumper wire to one of the relays or adding another relay.

this is the relay kit for the early ones but it says it uses a diode to get both to turn on at the same time. don't know if it would fit but would be worth a call. hth
https://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/prod...ord-bronco-new
Old 02-08-2018, 11:04 AM
Learning slowly...

Old 02-08-2018, 12:23 PM
Senior User

OldGrayMare is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Always get asked what would it take to sell mine, have no idea what to price it at. Any suggestions ? 88 xlt, 33's with 3" lift, only rust is starting in the normal tailgate area. Cloth interior with dual arms captains seats, nice stero, 302 / aod, 90,000 miles, cruise, elec windows and locks, bought it 11 years ago and it's been my daily driver.

Old 02-12-2018, 06:54 PM
Postmaster

BaronVonAutomatc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
There is a 93 EB on cl here listed for $20,000 and a couple other models $12-15K. The only sub-$1000 are missing engines. What they're asking and what they actually get is another story...