Notices
1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Price of Bronco's Lately

Old 11-26-2017, 09:00 PM
khadma
Carpenter Local 745
khadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant futurekhadma has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Dannen View Post
I just bought one on the 28th for $16,500. I've been looking for awhile and the prices were either $2k or $20k. You might have just laughed so hard you spit your morning coffee on your computer screen but I freaking love it. Its a 1993 EB with 76,000 miles on it. The interior is absolutely perfect. Literally. It has the 5.0 (yes of course I wanted the 5.8 but....) 4" lift, new ball joints, tie rod ends, shocks, steering stabilizer and 33"BFGs.

So back to the point, these are unique, amazing vehicles that aren't made anymore. I think the one I picked up is worth every penny.

I flew to Memphis from Columbus, Ohio and drove it back same day. I was a little scared of issues on the way back but it ran out great. Its gonna look great next to my 1975 F-250.

Those are 33 inch tires? They look bigger.
I have a 96 FSB and I am considering a 4 inch lift and 33 BFGs. I like the set up of your FSB and I might bite the bullet and order some parts!

Old 11-27-2017, 09:12 PM
EDC8008
Senior User
EDC8008 has a good reputation on FTE.EDC8008 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by khadma View Post
Those are 33 inch tires? They look bigger.
I have a 96 FSB and I am considering a 4 inch lift and 33 BFGs. I like the set up of your FSB and I might bite the bullet and order some parts!

Many would say you paid too much but as long as you're happy I'm happy for you.

I bought my 95 from a friend in California and paid $4000.00. He was the second owner and had the service records including fresh front and rear axles less than 1000 miles before I bought it.

Mine's stock and I need a little time to fix a few minor issues.

Old 11-28-2017, 08:18 AM
Dannen
Junior User
Dannen is starting off with a positive reputation.
@khadma - Yes sir 33" BFG Mud Terrains. I think when I replace them I will go with the all-terrains. This Bronco will not be seeing the mud any time soon. I have a 75 F-250 for any of that.

@EDC8008 - Yes sir I am super happy with the Bronco. I did my fair share of searching the internet for one. I drive it everyday with a smile.

Old 12-02-2017, 08:58 AM
SuperDad
Senior User
SuperDad is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just bought one on the 28th for $16,500. I've been looking for awhile and the prices were either $2k or $20k. You might have just laughed so hard you spit your morning coffee on your computer screen but I freaking love it. Its a 1993 EB with 76,000 miles on it. The interior is absolutely perfect. Literally. It has the 5.0 (yes of course I wanted the 5.8 but....) 4" lift, new ball joints, tie rod ends, shocks, steering stabilizer and 33"BFGs.

So back to the point, these are unique, amazing vehicles that aren't made anymore. I think the one I picked up is worth every penny.

I flew to Memphis from Columbus, Ohio and drove it back same day. I was a little scared of issues on the way back but it ran out great. Its gonna look great next to my 1975 F-250.

I think that price is about right for a Bronco like you bought. To find one with under 150k and that hasn't been used as a trail rig, You have to pay more 5k for it. I have a 1994 and a 1996 and I wouldn't sell either of them for less then 15k

Old 12-06-2017, 10:37 AM
Ghosteh
Freshman User
Ghosteh is starting off with a positive reputation.
When a good paint job costs $6k, upholstery work is $2k+, and you can easily sink $5k+ into new shocks, u-joints, brakes, bearings, exhaust, and new tires, then the prices that we're seeing on some of these ultra-clean, RUST FREE, & unmolested Broncos begin to look like a good deal. I've seen absolute junk with a Maaco cheap paint job over bondo, advertised for $10k.

In 5 years, we'll look back at those prices and wish we had snapped one up for under $20k when we could!

Old 12-06-2017, 11:33 AM
McLeod
Posting Guru
McLeod has a good reputation on FTE.McLeod has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by Ghosteh View Post
In 5 years, we'll look back at those prices and wish we had snapped one up for under $20k when we could!
But you also have to take into consideration that we are living in an "everything bubble" right now.

Old 12-06-2017, 11:39 AM
McLeod
Posting Guru
I just bought one on the 28th for $16,500. I've been looking for awhile and the prices were either $2k or $20k.
Very nice looking rig, but I would guess you will have your work cut out for you if you ever have to convince an insurance company that your vehicle is worth more than the high end Blue Book value of apprx $5,000.

Congrats on picking up a beautiful truck

Old 12-06-2017, 03:08 PM
McLeod
Posting Guru
People that have spent more than $6,000 on their Bronco perhaps should look into an Agreed Value insurance policy.

If you are relying on a standard auto policy, there is the potential for a huge disappointment if you ever need it.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:04 PM
kenh4570
Freshman User
kenh4570 is starting off with a positive reputation.
My ins. agent said this is the "go to" company.
Mine will be near mint after some driver seat repair.
going to try for OEM cover, (fabric)
80K miles, no dents/rust.

https://www.hagerty.com/insurance/cl...ified-vehicles

Old 12-11-2017, 06:59 PM
McLeod
Posting Guru
You really have to read the fine print in the policy and make sure you KNOW what you are paying for.

I have heard that Hagerty is a good company, but they won't insure your vehicle for any off pavement usage and that it must be garaged every night.

And right here they say:
•Extreme off-road modifications such as brush guards, roll bars, tool boxes and lift kits with large off-road tires will not be accepted
https://www.hagerty.com/insurance/cl...ility-vehicles

They can be a great deal but don't assume they cover you for a certain risk unless you go out of your way to verify that coverage.

I think ANPAC is another good one to inquire with.
ANPAC seems to be cheaper usually, but I think they have a much more extensive underwriting process.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:06 PM
JRE_96Bronco
New User
JRE_96Bronco is starting off with a positive reputation.
Working on getting another (had a white '94 before) Bronco this week.
Will post pics when she becomes mine.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:25 PM
ragtop69
New User
ragtop69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Fordbronco1995 View Post
Too many people want 4-5k for ragged out junk, you should be able to get a pretty low mile bronco in good shspe with minimal rust and minor imperfections with a clean interior for around 6k
I had been looking for over a year for a '92-'96 Bronco in the $3,500 range. Everything I saw was a refugee from the scrap yard. Some had nice exteriors and were a mess inside and others had lousy exteriors with decent interiors. Some were even crap inside and out. Most had over 250K miles on them. I was ready to fly to Evertt, WA (900 miles) to buy a 142K mile Eddie Bauer for $7,500. The '95 XLT I bought about two months ago had 164K miles and was sharp and clean inside and out. My son-in-law found it on Craigslist and it was about five miles from my house. I was amazed at the condition of the truck. The owner wanted $6,000 for it and I bought it for $5,000. Probably could have gotten it for $4,500 but I just wanted it because it didn't look like a mess of trouble and repairs. It has been a great vehicle. Passed the pre-purchase inspection with flying colors and almost everything worked. Now if I could only trouble shoot the damn cruise control!

Old 02-05-2018, 05:41 PM
McLeod
Posting Guru
Ragtop69:
Good for you for sticking with it. Sounds like you got a pretty good all around deal on a nice ride.

There was a very recent thread about cruise control. See if you can find it.

Showed that by opening up the servo and freeing up the innards you might be able to make it work again without replacing it.
Of course, this is assuming everything else checks out first.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:36 AM
ragtop69
New User
ragtop69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by McLeod View Post
Ragtop69:
Good for you for sticking with it. Sounds like you got a pretty good all around deal on a nice ride.

There was a very recent thread about cruise control. See if you can find it.

Showed that by opening up the servo and freeing up the innards you might be able to make it work again without replacing it.
Of course, this is assuming everything else checks out first.
Thanks. I've already had the servo open and it operates freely. I've checked all the related fuses inside the truck and in the engine compartment, replaced the factory red top valve on the master cylinder with the new model and checked power at the plug to the servo. The brake lights and horn work, so I don't think it's the clock spring. I'm wondering if the switches on the steering wheel might just be crud bound. I saw a video on removing the switch covers on a later model F150 to apply electrical cleaner, but I don't know if my '95 covers would pop off in the same way and I don't want to screw up a very nice factory steering wheel.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:36 PM
Bruners4
Senior User
Bruners4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Check the rear brake light bulbs to make sure that they are NOT LED bulbs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Price of Bronco's Lately

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.