General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Trump Cuts the EPA

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 08:37 AM
44Dan44
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by troverman
I think you're over-thinking this. Why can't it simply be true - Trump really is what he is? Spending too much time on Info-wars?
Exactly right but I understand where he's coming from, it's never happened before, a politician who isn't at heart a politician. It's hard to believe.

Last edited by 44Dan44; 04-11-2017 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Lol info-wars was blanked out like cuss word on email notification
Old 04-11-2017, 08:50 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 534 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by 44Dan44
Exactly right but I understand where he's coming from, it's never happened before, a politician who isn't at heart a politician. It's hard to believe.
While I believe a lot goes on in Government that most of us would find revolting on both sides of the aisle, let the left suffer for a change. All BHO gave us was gay marriage, transgender bathrooms, and a mangled healthcare system. What Trump has offered and is actually doing makes a lot of sense. Enforce the law. Keep unfriendlies out of the country. Keep jobs in America. Elect conservative justices. Don't let foreign countries walk all over us.

Because he is actually doing what he said he would do, and because anyone with half a brain would agree with these policies, tells me this is not an elaborate scheme of the 1% to protect their money.

PS - I originally typed the whole word "Infow*rs" and when I submitted it it changed it to the curse word asterisks, lol. So I edited it to "Info-Wars." Love the censorship.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:07 AM
old farm truck
Elder User
Originally Posted by troverman
I think you're over-thinking this. Why can't it simply be true - Trump really is what he is? Spending too much time on Info-wars?
It's called critical thinking. There's too many pieces that don't fit the Trump is a populist hero theory. So you have to come up with a new theory that fits all the pieces.

Trump is like an abusive boyfriend. You see all the warning signs. But he's rich and has his own TV show. So you ignore the red flags and allow him to **** you in the ***.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:18 AM
44Dan44
More Turbo
I see this a lot, the moonbats are so indoctrinated they no longer function with logic as a guiding principle. #resist #notmypresident #outofthewoods #thestolenseat pivot to insults and scream racist. But anyhoo back on topic, the EPA should be dismantled.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:52 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Originally Posted by old farm truck
It's called critical thinking. There's too many pieces that don't fit the Trump is a populist hero theory. So you have to come up with a new theory that fits all the pieces.

Trump is like an abusive boyfriend. You see all the warning signs. But he's rich and has his own TV show. So you ignore the red flags and allow him to **** you in the ***.
Trump used to be a democrat. Supported abortion. Still supports gay rights. Donated to the Clintons. But that doesn't mean a person can't change. We see it all the time here - die-hard GM or Dodge guys switching to Ford. The time period that he was a democrat, it was a lot more reasonable for a person to be a democrat. Things have changed really drastically in the last 8 years. Things that would have seemed impossible to ever happen are now reality. And sometimes a person really has had enough. Men can marry men, men can pretend to be girls and use the ladies room, police cannot arrest *illegal* immigrants, the former president is condoning the BLM group, which is practically becoming a domestic terror organization against police. We have colleges and universities that are actually designating "safe spaces" where nobody can think differently or say anything against liberal viewpoints. Colleges and universities that give students the day off to *recover* from Trump being lawfully elected president. And if you are religious and still believe in a higher being, plan on being labeled a "racist bigot xenophobic horrible person." We have the most divided country we have ever had. The news media is skewed 100% to the left or 100% to the right with very little middle ground, and it is now hard to believe much of what either side says. All of this has come about and become the legacy of former President Obama. So perhaps, just perhaps, Trump - as a person with a large ego and a lot of financial means...decided he was disgusted with at least a lot of what he was seeing...and decided to run for president. He won, and that surprised even him. And despite a lot of obstacles and more resistance to a president than I have ever seen in my life...he is doing his best to fulfill campaign promises.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:39 PM
tbm3fan
Cargo Master
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
One thing that can be said about Trump, though there are many, is that he has made it Ok to come out of the woodwork for some as I can see abundantly here.

Old 04-12-2017, 06:46 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by tbm3fan
One thing that can be said about Trump ... is that he has made it Ok to come out of the woodwork for some...
What is "it", or who is "some" exactly?

Old 04-12-2017, 07:07 PM
44Dan44
More Turbo
Originally Posted by tbm3fan
One thing that can be said about Trump, though there are many, is that he has made it Ok to come out of the woodwork for some as I can see abundantly here.
I know right? We can say Merry Christmas in public again and it's ok if we point out propaganda media and discuss the failures of the Obama administration without getting targeted by the IRS.

Also, turns out, Police aren't the enemy, who knew?

Old 04-13-2017, 07:11 AM
troverman
Hotshot
I know right? We can say Merry Christmas in public again and it's ok if we point out propaganda media and discuss the failures of the Obama administration without getting targeted by the IRS.

Also, turns out, Police aren't the enemy, who knew?
Haha ^^this, for sure.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:36 AM
old farm truck
Elder User
The liberal hate for Trump is real because that's his job. To make the controlled opposition hate him and protect the real power from criticism.

Obama does the same thing. Every time a black criminal was killed by police the president would go on television and push the controlled narrative that white people with guns are responsible for all the racism and injustice. This is the controlled narrative that power is white. And Trump fits that narrative.

My prediction is we are headed for major economic and military decline because Trump's character as an evil white racist leaves no other option.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:40 AM
44Dan44
More Turbo
Trump's character as an evil white racist leaves no other option.
As stated, lack ideas? have no rational basis for an argument? Shout racist.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:43 AM
44Dan44
More Turbo
Trump's character as an evil white racist (re-insert of the portion you deleted who hates Mexicans leaves no other option.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:44 AM
old farm truck
Elder User
Trump is a Zionist. He pretends to be racist because this is what the left (controlled opposition) has been taught to hate.

Trump will serve the Zionists, the consequences for America will be terrible, and the left will blame white racism.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:53 AM
44Dan44
More Turbo
Tried and true eh? label people this, label people that, divide and conquer. Didn't work for your darling HRC and won't work anymore. Identity politics is worn out, just like the boy who cried wolf, shout racist enough, then everyone is racist. The plan backfired, people are smarter than you give them credit for and that's why Trump won.

EPA EPA EPA yada yada to make a token effort to stay on topic

Old 04-13-2017, 08:59 AM
gittinwidit
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the EPA and the CEO's of all the car manufacturers in America should sit down and let it all out on the table for a reasonable compromise. We need standards and not just wiped out all together. But it needs to be realistic as to not punch the consumer in the gut. I drive trucks for a reason. And it's not fuel milage I'm after. All I see that the smog really does is make a truck unfixable by the common man. Kinda like why all the farmers are purchasing hack systems from Tiawan for their new tractors when they break down. A truck to me is made to beat on and still get the job done. Dependability and ability to fix in the field. Where is the day that a set of hand wrenches was all you needed? Somewhere just before smog control.

Although I'm not totally against the EPA, I just think it needs to be thought out with reasonable expectations. I have serious doubts that 50 miles per gallon is going to happen realistically without sacrificing quality of a working horse.

Being why my wife says I am been stuck in the 70's. I can't help it. I like my wrench set and an attitude that I will get the job done no matter the field fix to do it. Although I agree that a fine tuned truck is needed for longitivity and oxygen sensors was the best thing to happen for tuning an old engine.