2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Ford Heavy Duty Mats vs Weather Tech (pics) . . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 11:19 PM
DFWCabinetman
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MadeInDade
I have a set of WeatherTechs in my 2015 F-150. Since they have the same cab, I wonder if I can just throw my F-150 WeatherTechs in the Super Duty (when I eventually get one).
I pulled the Husky X-Act Contour mats, which are molded like the Weathertechs, out of my 2016 F150 and the driver's side is not an exact fit. My F250 has less incline for the dead pedal and the area behind the gas pedal looks a little different. I was able to use the mats out of my F150 until the new mats arrived, but the driver's side is definitely different. The rear mat is also a no-go unless you are willing to cut it for the pop-up storage box.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:34 AM
MadeInDade
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DFWCabinetman
I pulled the Husky X-Act Contour mats, which are molded like the Weathertechs, out of my 2016 F150 and the driver's side is not an exact fit. My F250 has less incline for the dead pedal and the area behind the gas pedal looks a little different. I was able to use the mats out of my F150 until the new mats arrived, but the driver's side is definitely different. The rear mat is also a no-go unless you are willing to cut it for the pop-up storage box.
Thanks, that all makes sense.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:37 AM
2017FSD
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
They look nice they fit nice but they are such a stiff plastic material I can't stand them always wish they would make a soft rubber version. If They were soft rubber like the Ford mats it would be a no-brainer for me

Old 03-29-2017, 07:46 AM
fordmantpw
Cargo Master
Received 423 Likes on 136 Posts
Originally Posted by 2017FSD
They look nice they fit nice but they are such a stiff plastic material I can't stand them always wish they would make a soft rubber version. If They were soft rubber like the Ford mats it would be a no-brainer for me
That's why I went with the Husky Liners X-Act Contour. They are a softer rubber and not the hard plastic 'industrial' feel of the WT.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:55 AM
MCG DAWG
Junior User
Originally Posted by 2017FSD
They are definitely a little stiffer. For me that's always been a bonus when I've tracked mud/ice/water into the truck. The stiffer mat/liner lifts outs easier and holds the fluids better without spilling. Or maybe I should say, it makes it easier for a klutz like me to get them out without spilling everything into the floorboard.

Definitely a personal preference. I've been very happy with my Husky liners in previous trucks.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:49 AM
Rasalas
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
After getting the Husky X Act fits for the truck I immediately ordered a set for my wife's MKC. Nice fit, easy to pull and replace to wash off and I would highly recommend them to anyone. But that's just my opinion and I recognize some are equally as fond of the Weather Tech. I looked at WT in a generic rack and thought they felt stiff. I prefer the softer feel of the Husky Liners. Besides we have had Huskies (dogs) for years in the past and I enjoy their namesake in the truck.

Ford mats cannot be made to fit under the accelerator after the Toyota debacle of sticking accelerator pedals killing people too stupid to turn off the key in a runaway situation. (And who wants to bet the accelerator had already stuck lightly and released but the drivers were too lazy or unwilling to investigate the cause.) And I also wonder how hard did they have to floor it to create the problem? Not making light of someone's demise but also not feeling sorry for those who think everything is always perfect with mechanical equipment.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:29 AM
DISLTom
Senior User
If you don't like black mats because they show dirt, you're really going to hate those beige WT's in a few years.

I have them in my 150 and they're 5 or 6 years old. They stain. Quickly. And I've not found anything that can clean up the various stains out of them.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:33 AM
MCG DAWG
Junior User
Originally Posted by DISLTom
If you don't like black mats because they show dirt, you're really going to hate those beige WT's in a few years.

I have them in my 150 and they're 5 or 6 years old. They stain. Quickly. And I've not found anything that can clean up the various stains out of them.
Once they're all stained up . . . reckon I'll have to get a new truck! Win/win!

Old 03-29-2017, 01:34 PM
wypowersmoke
New User
I currently run the ford mats (not liners) in my 2011, they don't cover nearly as nice as any of the liners do but they do have one huge advantage for me. Whenever I go through the touchless car wash (that has the industrial blow dryer at the end) I just throw the front mats in the bed of the truck. When I get out of the car wash, just grab the mats out of the back of the truck, shake off the excess water and boom clean floor mats. It's really nice in the winter when no car washes have the floormat cleaning stations set up. The ford mats are heavy enough and lay flat in the truck bed so the blower does not blow them out of the back of the truck. Does anyone think that any of the liners will be heavy enough and lay flat enough to prevent the air blaster at the end of the carwash from blowing them out of the truck? The X-Act Contour or ford liners look great but if they don't lay flat or have enough weight to prevent them from blowing out of the truck I'll just stick with the ford mats.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:46 PM
grampscamper
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures MCG DAWG. I'm a little disappointed with the Ford mats also. Now I see this I'll be looking at replacing my mats shortly. My interior is black so I may just replace the front.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:51 PM
MCG DAWG
Junior User
wypowersmoke - genius idea. My car wash charges $2 a mat for clean/shampoo. You've just saved me some money.

gramscamper - if you're staying black, definitely just do the front. That factory rear mat is perfect.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:55 PM
grampscamper
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MCG DAWG
wypowersmoke - genius idea. My car wash charges $2 a mat for clean/shampoo. You've just saved me some money.

gramscamper - if you're staying black, definitely just do the front. That factory rear mat is perfect.
My interior is black so I'll just replace the front. Tan won't work for me. I'll go shopping for mats in the next few days.
Thanks
Bob

Old 03-29-2017, 03:08 PM
rapracing
Junior User
Originally Posted by Pintabo
My WT liners snap into the Ford floor pegs for the front driver side, but on the front passenger side they just set in place. The liners have the ability to snap in with floor pegs, but for some reason Ford doesn't install them on the passenger side floor board. Why not??

The WT liners are great, despite the passenger side sliding a bit since not pegged to the floor.
They sent two red discs that snap into the passenger side liner and have pins (for the lack of a better description) that stick into the carpet with the ones I just got. The passenger side is just as secure as the drivers with them.

Old 03-29-2017, 08:41 PM
wec512
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ToUtahNow
My WeatherTechs should be here tomorrow or Thursday. I went with the Cocoa color which should complement the King Ranch interior.

Mark
Can you post a picture of your mats when you get them installed. I have the KR too, and i am looking to get the WT because they will match better than the OEM black ones.

This is a very helpful thread. I have been holding off because I can not decide which ones to purchase.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:26 PM
ToUtahNow
Senior User
Originally Posted by wec512
Can you post a picture of your mats when you get them installed. I have the KR too, and i am looking to get the WT because they will match better than the OEM black ones.

This is a very helpful thread. I have been holding off because I can not decide which ones to purchase.
I will do my best depending on what time they show up. I have to leave for Utah early Friday.

Mark

Quick Reply: Ford Heavy Duty Mats vs Weather Tech (pics) . . .