Computer Chips & Tuners  

Raleigh Durham PCM Strategy Update Service with OEM Ford VCM II and licensed IDS

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 03:32 PM
Alex D
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raleigh Durham PCM Strategy Update Service with OEM Ford VCM II and licensed IDS

Do you want your FORD PCM updated to the latest TSB Strategy Code but the local Ford dealers refuse to do it?
Has your tuner told you they can no longer tune your vehicle because your PCM is one or multiple updates behind?
Do you have drivability issues that were supposed to be improved with a PCM TSB Strategy update but your dealer does not believe the TSB applies to your car or won't even look it up?

I can help with an update service using a genuine OEM Ford Rotunda VCM II interface module and Ford IDS update software using a genuine Ford license subscription to access all FORD updates from the OEM Ford servers.

I was in the same boat trying to get my PCM updated as requested by my Ford tuner, but all local dealers would not do it even if I offered to pay for the service.

So I went and invested in a complete OEM Ford Rotunda module and Ford IDS software/software license. This is a major investment as you may know. The VCM/IDS tools are $1600 and the annual license for accessing the Ford servers to download updates and use the tools is $850

I am offering this service to help other Ford vehicle owners who can't get this done from local Ford dealers and to recoup my investment in part.

I charge $85 per PCM update for a gas engine Ford vehicle and $150 for a diesel engine Ford vehicle (Diesel engine vehicles take twice the time (about an hour) and require three modules being updated).

Let me know if interested. I want to help other Ford enthusiasts to get out of the pickle I was in and avoid the frustration I had with local dealerships.

The improvement on my 2013 F-150 to the latest strategy code and resetting all PCM and trans adaptations was massive for me! My 2013 drives and shifts like a 2015 now. It completely fixed the "lazy throttle response" issue of the early Ecoboosts. Anyway, let me know.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:48 AM
Hayhook
New User
Originally Posted by Alex D
Do you want your FORD PCM updated to the latest TSB Strategy Code but the local Ford dealers refuse to do it?
Has your tuner told you they can no longer tune your vehicle because your PCM is one or multiple updates behind?
Do you have drivability issues that were supposed to be improved with a PCM TSB Strategy update but your dealer does not believe the TSB applies to your car or won't even look it up?

I can help with an update service using a genuine OEM Ford Rotunda VCM II interface module and Ford IDS update software using a genuine Ford license subscription to access all FORD updates from the OEM Ford servers.

I was in the same boat trying to get my PCM updated as requested by my Ford tuner, but all local dealers would not do it even if I offered to pay for the service.

So I went and invested in a complete OEM Ford Rotunda module and Ford IDS software/software license. This is a major investment as you may know. The VCM/IDS tools are $1600 and the annual license for accessing the Ford servers to download updates and use the tools is $850

I am offering this service to help other Ford vehicle owners who can't get this done from local Ford dealers and to recoup my investment in part.

I charge $85 per PCM update for a gas engine Ford vehicle and $150 for a diesel engine Ford vehicle (Diesel engine vehicles take twice the time (about an hour) and require three modules being updated).

Let me know if interested. I want to help other Ford enthusiasts to get out of the pickle I was in and avoid the frustration I had with local dealerships.

The improvement on my 2013 F-150 to the latest strategy code and resetting all PCM and trans adaptations was massive for me! My 2013 drives and shifts like a 2015 now. It completely fixed the "lazy throttle response" issue of the early Ecoboosts. Anyway, let me know.
Do you know the latest PCM / ECU strategy for a 2014 F350 6.7 Diesel?

Old 12-19-2019, 08:40 PM
willsep3241
New User
2009 expedition pcm

How do O get a PCM update for my 2009 expedition? Thanks in advance.

Old 03-19-2020, 11:07 PM
Deadlyft
New User
Do you still offer this service? I live in Raleigh and my Ex is down. Thanks.

Old 06-03-2021, 08:21 PM
Whitw001
New User
PCM software update

Originally Posted by Alex D

Curious to know if you are still doing this? I have a 2004 Ford F-150 5.4L w a bad pcm. If they are ‘bad’ can you reset memory and reprogram or does bad mean you gotta get another one and have it reprogrammed? I would think that if you could clear the memory then one would never go bad if you could reprogram it: second Ford w the problem