2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

6 months and 15,000 miles,..still no traffic fix!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 03:48 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
Received 440 Likes on 192 Posts
Cool 6 months and 15,000 miles,..still no traffic fix!

Spoke to a Service Manager at Ford dealership again today....he told me to call Ford again,,I did. No fix in the works.

My 6 months was up with Sirius so I renewed and mentioned the problem they sent another signal to make sure it was not on their end. It's all .

I drive about 3000 miles a month in this messoplex and I exspect everything to work on this truck.

Come on Ford!

Cannot wait till this Saturday at 8:00 am in Plano when I can vent to the F250 Event to express my vehicle experiences and satisfaction with the Engineering & Design team.
They are saying it is only two hours long,....wanna bet? After I get started they better be packing lunches.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:34 PM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What does "traffic" do? is it navigation? I know you paid for it so you want it to work, but I don't have nav, so I use google maps thru android plugged into truck.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:35 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
It redirects you around trouble traffic areas, wrecks...etc.

It is free for five years from Sirius, the radio channels are not.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:37 PM
srkr
Cargo Master
The reason I don't use Android or goodgle for directions is I use voice commands for directions and on my information screen where the speedometer and tack=h are is the same directions as the navigation,...shows you next upcoming turn with a quick glance.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:54 PM
dadz34
Senior User
If they need another DFW screamer, just give me a call. I only wish I could be there Saturday also as they might be stuck listening to both of us for the weekend! This is the biggest PIA on my truck.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:25 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
I just got back from a 1500+ mile trip for springbreak. One time on the return leg my Sync 3 Nav re-routed me due to something...the screen showed an alert for a brief second and the voice said "re-routing due to..." something. It was sorta like what the Sync MyTouch system would do when trying to re-route due to traffic, construction or an accident. Although the MyTouch system would give you the option of re-routing or staying on the current route.

After using this new Sync 3 system for a few weeks I've come to the conclusion it sucks and is a giant leap backwards compared to the Mytouch system in my previous Superduty. You can't use services to get a business address and download directions directly to the Nav. You can't use Ford Destinations to upload a waypoint or POI prior to entering the vehicle. I liked the latter option because I could use my phone to find a destination a lot quicker than single finger pecking one in on the Nav screen. And, as the OP pointed out, no traffic info...which comes in handy when you live in or near Houston.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:41 PM
MJR777
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't they just need to tell their system to use "Google Maps" as it does all of this automatically???

Old 03-21-2017, 06:45 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Originally Posted by MJR777
Don't they just need to tell their system to use "Google Maps" as it does all of this automatically???
That would be nice. You can use Google Maps with Android Auto, but it takes over the entire interface and is a bit of a pain to switch back and forth between Android Auto and the native Sync3 system. Also, you only get Google Maps in the 3D view...I prefer the overhead view.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:11 PM
Dysert
New User
Waze

I understand your frustration with the Sync 3. However, just use the app Waze. It is the best navigation program in the world.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:41 PM
bridge
Sick 'n Tired
Originally Posted by Dysert
I understand your frustration with the Sync 3. However, just use the app Waze. It is the best navigation program in the world.
I don't prefer it. Google owns Waze and is in the process of integrating it with Google Maps. While waze will tell you where to go it won't, easily, tell you much more than that. When trying to avoid traffic, or look at which is the path of least traffic, as is often the case here in Houston, it's easier to use Google Maps with the traffic option on...so one can see which route has the least amount of red.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:04 PM
dadz34
Senior User
Originally Posted by Dysert
I had never heard of WAZE before this past weekend but loaded it up and tried it the past two days. While the GUI is cool and intuitive, I dont get the excitement about it. I must be doing something wrong because it looks like a great NAV app, it got me stuck in traffic with no warning within the first 30 minutes of use.

I need an app that "automatically" warns me of upcoming delays so I can avoid them. That's the only reason I would use a NAV app. I grew up here and know just about every back road/alternative path...but if you aren't aware of a road closure or heavy traffic delay...it's too late when you get stuck in the delay due to lack of notice. What am I missing with this app? Not trying to bitch...simply trying to avoid being stuck in traffic.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:19 AM
Dysert
New User
Waze in Dallas

I have been using it for the past year and ditched my BMW traffic service. Waze will reroute you and tell you when your eta has changed, people tell you where the cops are, they tell you when the road has obstacles. I learned the hard way by ignoring it in the beginning and it cost me time. It is invaluable in Dallas and on I-35 to Austin which can turn into a parking lot. The interface is elegantly simple. It will also email or text your eta and update it if things change to a family member or friend. The arrival time is usually within a couple of minutes. I will not use anything else.

Old 03-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Anibal Medina
Mountain Pass
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking You need to update your radio

I had the same problem then I found on the web people talking about sync v2.2 so I downloaded it and bang!! Got traffick lines in map and navigation and app link and iPhone started working together like it supposed too, I was having problems with my iPhone connecting via USB now all is great!! And it woks so good

Old 03-23-2017, 10:34 AM
dadz34
Senior User
Originally Posted by Anibal Medina
I had the same problem then I found on the web people talking about sync v2.2 so I downloaded it and bang!! Got traffick lines in map and navigation and app link and iPhone started working together like it supposed too, I was having problems with my iPhone connecting via USB now all is great!! And it woks so good
Anibal Medina, how can we learn more about this update you referred to? Have you installed it on a 2017 SuperDuty? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:03 AM
DISLTom
Senior User
I had a free demo of XM Traffic with my 2013 Outback. It was a year or some such. I called XM after 30 days and asked them to turn it off. It was worthless.

So far, I'm seeing about the same level of quality in my F250. It pops up problems that don't exist and seems to be wrong more than it is right.

Quick Reply: 6 months and 15,000 miles,..still no traffic fix!