Alberta Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Puddy

Alberta Chapter Leader nomination/ volunteer thread

Old 03-21-2017, 06:51 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Exclamation Alberta Chapter Leader nomination/ volunteer thread

Hi folks -

Jon (Puddy), has asked to step down as chapter leader. So nominations for Alberta Chapter Leader are now open.

Before posting in this thread please review the following links, as they will likely answer any questions you may have regarding the position and the election procedure:

Chapter Guidelines: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-1-2008-a.html

Chapter Leader Guidelines: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/7...-1-2008-a.html

If you have a question that's not answered in the previous links, feel free to post it in this thread or send a pm to George (glruff), or me Pat (67nukeford).

Here are the ground rules for this thread:

1) Before nominating someone, be certain that they will accept the position.

2) Volunteers/Nominees please introduce yourself, provide a brief detail of what you do, where you live, and add your first name to your signature (if it isn't already there).

3) You must be an Alberta Chapter member and Alberta resident to make a nomination or volunteer for the position.

4) Participation in this thread is limited to Alberta Chapter resident members and site staff.

5) Please keep on topic. Any off topic postings in this thread will be removed

Thanks!

Old 03-21-2017, 02:14 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Received 118 Likes on 113 Posts
I was wondering if and how Puddy was going to remain as the chapter leader, Ontario is a bit of a trek from Alberta. lol
Age might be a hitch as I'm 16 but have been for 40 years now.
Retired due to health, went crazy and nobody has shot me yet.
Due a fair amount of community volunteer work through Sunrise Community Link, Community Conversation Circle, our Pay it Forwards program and looking after the neighborhood.
Have to much stuff to move and the Landlord wants me to stay here for life, so I'm not going anywhere, will be putting in my "garden plot" this year so that I can haunt the place when I croak.
I have to much time on my hands as I don't work Saturdays and everyday is Saturday around here.
My cats aren't qualified for me to nominate them.
I haven't been suspended from FTE........ yet.
There you go, my hats in the ring.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:14 PM
Midnite1987
Cargo Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well I'm back around again but privateer is here more frequently.

Have at it man.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:17 PM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Theres a bit of distance between Edmonton and Calgary and this Province seems to have a division between the north and south so it would probably be best if we had 2 people working together promoting GTGs and the interests in each of our regions. I know that I don't get many chances to go to Edmonton and a lot of people in Edmonton just don't want to come to Calgary unless it's to visit relatives, lol. Hell, even Garth Brooks avoided us. LOL

The following users liked this post:
Old 03-22-2017, 12:15 AM
Midnite1987
Cargo Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Lol well if ya wanna do that I'm in edmonton. And travel to ft mac every couple weeks for work. I'm a jman Millwright for a industrial air compressor company running a service truck.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:04 AM
privateer, eh
Hotshot
Edmonton seems to have a lock on the north. When I lived in Peace River we told jokes about Calgary but did business with Edmonton. In Manitoba, if we took the Yellowhead we were going west for work, if we took the transcanada we were going west for all kinds of reasons and Calgary was usually just a rest stop.
If you work the north and let us know whats going on as to Auto shows and truck shows, I'll stay down here and see if I can drum up some interest in the forum and see if theres more willing to join. I've got lots of time on my hands as I now only work during the landscaping season and only for a select group of customers, they all seem to live within 4 blocks of me. Every rain day, snow day and to damn cold day is a day off, this being a weather wimp can be fun. LOL
I'm a welder, grinder, drill press, hacksaw and file millwright, amazing what can be fixed and rebuilt that way.