Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Key fob on 2011 F250 XL 6.7 4x4

Old 03-19-2017, 02:19 PM
madcoinc86
New User
madcoinc86 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Key fob on 2011 F250 XL 6.7 4x4

I bought this truck used. The keys I received do not have fob buttons on them? The truck can only be unlocked with the key at the drivers door. The alarm timimg is very short, (good thing if someone is breaking into it), if I unlocking with the key and don't start it right away? Do all F250's accept key fobs? Or does the XL model not had the unlock modules that I can program a keyless fob to lock and unlock? Doors and windows are power.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:55 PM
thewestie
Senior User
thewestie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi. How do you arm the alarm without a fob?

Old 03-19-2017, 07:11 PM
m-chan68
Postmaster
m-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by thewestie View Post
Hi. How do you arm the alarm without a fob?
The quote highlighted in bold red is your answer.

Originally Posted by madcoinc86 View Post
I bought this truck used. The keys I received do not have fob buttons on them? The truck can only be unlocked with the key at the drivers door. The alarm timimg is very short, (good thing if someone is breaking into it), if I unlocking with the key and don't start it right away? Do all F250's accept key fobs? Or does the XL model not had the unlock modules that I can program a keyless fob to lock and unlock? Doors and windows are power.
The easiest way to find out, is to cycle the ignition key from OFF to RUN a total of eight times, ending in the RUN position. If your power locks do not cycle after doing as such, your vehicle will not accept factory remote fobs. I have a feeling the answer is no, if your truck came only with PATS keys. These vehicles came from new with integrated key and fobs as one assembly on vehicles so equipped. Only 2010 and older trucks came with keys and fobs as separate pieces.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:35 PM
thewestie
Senior User
thewestie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by m-chan68 View Post
The quote highlighted in bold red is your answer.

The easiest way to find out, is to cycle the ignition key from OFF to RUN a total of eight times, ending in the RUN position. If your power locks do not cycle after doing as such, your vehicle will not accept factory remote fobs. I have a feeling the answer is no, if your truck came only with PATS keys. These vehicles came from new with integrated key and fobs as one assembly on vehicles so equipped. Only 2010 and older trucks came with keys and fobs as separate pieces.
maybe you read my question wrong. Or didn't read it. I asked how does it get armed. Not disarmed.
And as to program a new fob. I'm pretty sure he'll need to hold the unlock button down while cycling the key and my truck it's 10 times. But it's a 2010. I did it the same wat as my 01.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:04 PM
m-chan68
Postmaster
m-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputationm-chan68 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by thewestie View Post
maybe you read my question wrong. Or didn't read it. I asked how does it get armed. Not disarmed.
And as to program a new fob. I'm pretty sure he'll need to hold the unlock button down while cycling the key and my truck it's 10 times. But it's a 2010. I did it the same wat as my 01.
Here is the exact procedure for your 2010, as per Ford Workshop Manual Section 501-14:
Originally Posted by Ford Workshop Manual Section 501-14 Handles, Locks, Latches and Entry Systems
501-14 Handles, Locks, Latches and Entry Systems
2010 F-250, 350, 450, 550 Super Duty
GENERAL PROCEDURES
Procedure revision date: 06/25/2009

Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Transmitter Programming
NOTE: All Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitters must be programmed at the same time.

NOTE: Programming the RKE transmitters can be accomplished using a scan tool or by carrying out the following steps.

1.The vehicle must be electronically unlocked before entering the program mode using the RKE transmitter, keyless entry keypad (if equipped) or door lock control switch while the driver door is open.

2.Turn the key from the OFF to the ON position 8 times within 10 seconds, with the eighth turn ending in the ON position. If the module successfully enters program mode, the module locks and unlocks all the doors.

3.Within 20 seconds, press any button on an RKE transmitter and the doors lock and then unlock to confirm that the RKE transmitter is programmed. Repeat this step for each RKE transmitter.

4.If the door locks do not respond for any RKE transmitter, wait several seconds and press the button again. If the door locks still fail to respond, refer to Inspection and Verification in this section. (Make sure that no more than the maximum number of RKE transmitters [4] are attempted to be programmed. If 4 transmitters are programmed and an attempt is made to program an additional transmitter, the vehicle horn will sound indicating that the maximum number of transmitters has already been programmed.)

5.Exiting the programming mode is accomplished if one of the following occurs:
*The key transitions to the OFF position.
*Twenty seconds have passed since entering programming mode or since the last RKE transmitter was programmed.
*The maximum number of RKE transmitters has been programmed.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:03 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
Only 2010 and older trucks came with keys and fobs as separate pieces.
yes, they may have come with separate fobs but the older fobs will work with 2011 thru 2016 trucks. Probably not for the 2017 as they have changed the programming to where it requires the IDS to program it. If he can get the truck to enter the programming mode, he can program the separate fobs to work.

The following fobs work with the 2011-2016 trucks.

Manufacturer Part Number: 8L3Z15K601B 8L-3Z-15K-601B

Interchange Part Number: CWTWB1U212 CWTWB1U331 GQ43VT11T CWTWB1U345

Other Part Number: 1788A-FWB1U345 CAN 1470102326 1788104575

How do I know? I am using a pair of them on my 2015 Ultra Lariat with RKE.

Old 03-19-2017, 09:14 PM
m-chan68
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Just Strokin View Post
yes, they may have come with separate fobs but the older fobs will work with 2011 thru 2016 trucks. How do I know? I am using a pair of them on my 2015 Ultra Lariat with RKE.
Similarly, on my wife's 2010 Focus which came originally equipped with two sets of fobs and keys, which I promptly misplaced my set, I replaced with a newer single unit IKT type key (similar to the type used on 2011 to 2016 Super Duty trucks) to replace with.

But if I may be so bold as to ask, why would you bother with an older set of fobs by themselves when your 2015 already comes with them on the key itself?

Sorry for derailing this thread to the OP by the way.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:43 AM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Just Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud ofJust Strokin has much to be proud of
Similarly, on my wife's 2010 Focus which came originally equipped with two sets of fobs and keys, which I promptly misplaced my set, I replaced with a newer single unit IKT type key (similar to the type used on 2011 to 2016 Super Duty trucks) to replace with.

But if I may be so bold as to ask, why would you bother with an older set of fobs by themselves when your 2015 already comes with them on the key itself?

Sorry for derailing this thread to the OP by the way.
I replaced the IKT with the long range Ford remote start (up to 1000ft plus and inside building ability) where the antenna is on the windshield and I like the idea of a "flip key" like many of the newer Ford vehicles have. I bought a shell of a flip key from eBay, added the guts of the remote fob for the door locks and an 80 bit chip and had the flip key cut for the locks.

Sure works better than the RKE/remote start IKT even if it is two fobs. Doors can be unlocked from 250-300ft away verses 30ft. Remote start is more responsive at great distances even with non-line of sight starts.

Old 03-20-2017, 07:54 AM
tsedgar
Senior User
tsedgar is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Just Strokin View Post

I replaced the IKT with the long range Ford remote start (up to 1000ft plus and inside building ability) where the antenna is on the windshield and I like the idea of a "flip key" like many of the newer Ford vehicles have. I bought a shell of a flip key from eBay, added the guts of the remote fob for the door locks and an 80 bit chip and had the flip key cut for the locks.

Sure works better than the RKE/remote start IKT even if it is two fobs. Doors can be unlocked from 250-300ft away verses 30ft. Remote start is more responsive at great distances even with non-line of sight starts.
I've read about the remote start and was going to do that this summer. The flip key idea is pretty neat. What did you use off eBay?

Old 03-20-2017, 07:36 PM
Just Strokin
Postmaster
Originally Posted by tsedgar View Post
I've read about the remote start and was going to do that this summer. The flip key idea is pretty neat. What did you use off eBay?
The one I used was similar to this but has flush silver buttons