6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Are there any tuners out yet?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 07:18 AM
Frantz
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Mag-Moss just means you can used OEM spec parts, but they don't have to be OEM. If your aftermarket parts change the way the part the failed worked, you are on your own. Making more power will get you in trouble.

It's considered damage caused by alteration or modification. It's also probably a federal violation since in most cases the emissions are changed. I'm not sharing this because I agree with it, I'm just saying that's the facts. While they might not have an eye in the sky today, how long is he keeping the truck? Do you really think more regs won't come... so 4-8 years down the road? One can hope, but IMO it's an awful big risk for little useful gain.

Old 03-17-2017, 07:50 AM
System
Prolocutor
Received 1,186 Likes on 570 Posts
Well, that's not the complete picture of MM act Frantz. It also prevents your entire warranty from being voided from altering one system. So, tune your motor and sure, your motor warranty could be gone in the event of a failure. But the rest of your truck is still under warranty. Add a subwoofer and you don't void your transmission warranty. Etc.

A core group of hard core guys who can afford a 70+k truck aren't worried about warranty. For example, I remember when I had a Caddy CTS-V. Guys were tuning and rebuilding their engines on delivery and simply referred to it as pay to play. Not saying I did it or can afford to do it but there certainly is a group of enthusiasts that are happy to toss their engine warranty from day one.

As to future regulations, I'd say we have at least 4 years coming with less regs. If the eye in the sky does come after that, bolt your DPF back on, re-tune to stock, and call it a day. It's not hard. Some guys do it every year for annual inspection...

To the OP, AFAIK, there are no power increase tunes yet but they are in process. There currently is an actual Ford export tune you can get that won't increase output but will allow deletion of your DPF, EGR, and DEF.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:06 AM
luke0204
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Karl4Cat

To the OP, AFAIK, there are no power increase tunes yet but they are in process. There currently is an actual Ford export tune you can get that won't increase output but will allow deletion of your DPF, EGR, and DEF.

There are several options currently available for the new 2017 6.7L...PPEI has a 30 hp delete tune, GDP has a 30 hp delete tune and Spartan has I believe 20 & 30 hp delete tunes depending on the device you choose. These can be found at Rudy's Diesel or Absolute Performance. I'm sure after UCC (Ultimate Callout Challenge) is over other shops will work on tuning.

Or you can check out Stealth Performance they have a module that can go from 0-100 hp with the stock emissions intact that has been showing excellent results in driveablity and fuel mileage.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:48 AM
wb6anp
Logistics Pro
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MagicMtnDan
Oh jeez, here we go...more talk about voiding warranties like if you buy a tuner the big Ford cloud in the sky will know it and poof! your warranty will be voided while your truck is parked in the driveway.

HA HA that's not the way it works.

There's a LOT of info available about the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act - here's just one webpage:
https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2011...ermarket-parts

As for a tuner, I need one JUST TO ADJUST THE SPEEDOMETER put on the 37 x 13.50 tires.
you can adjust the speedo using the forscan software and not worry about the expense of a tuner.

Old 03-17-2017, 11:55 AM
oklarado
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wb6anp
you can adjust the speedo using the forscan software and not worry about the expense of a tuner.
Only in small increments. 37" would be too much. On my truck I couldn't even adjust up to 35" with setting light off.

Old 03-17-2017, 12:23 PM
ruphianh
Tuned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I emailed EZ Lynk and they only have delete files out for the 2017 SD. Tunes that allow you to keep on the smog equipment are coming soon though.

Old 03-17-2017, 01:55 PM
cayenne
Freshman User
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76
your better off not asking about tuning here, you might as well bring up politics...
What if you do both?

I heard Trump believes in Diesel Tuning and Hillary can tune more boost than anyone! I think they are opening a shop called called Stashed Email and Wire Tap Tuning

Old 03-17-2017, 10:13 PM
TXGold76
Junior User
If you have never dealt with attornies you better do some research first if you think you are going to be able to battle Ford with the MM act. Money aside, the time and pain are more than most will be willing to deal with. $15k for a new motor is a drop in the bucket compared to attempting to secure your "rights".

That being said I plan to tune as soon as PPEI has had good success. Pay to play or whatever you call it I can't help it. The sound, the smell, the torque is too much to resist haha.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:30 PM
Wirelineman79
Junior User
Originally Posted by Gilley
So my father bought a 2017 F350 and he keeps asking me about tuners for it. I have searched a little but cant seem to find any out there. Not sure if there are some brands that are better than others and I just dont know the names of them yet. Any help would be awesome! Thanks
Apparently stealth has a 100 hp tune for the '17 that will 100% keep your warranty for around $500. Might be worth a shot. The diesel brothers push their product so it should be decent.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:34 PM
surveyor
Cross-Country
Talk to your proud sponsor of this forum, Jody https://www.dp-tuner.com/

Old 03-18-2017, 07:27 AM
2009kr
Posting Guru
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't think it would be a good idea to tune and keep the DPF. My understanding is that more power comes simply from injecting more fuel on these engines. With no changes to the turbo, I think that means more soot. More soot, means more regens...

Old 03-18-2017, 08:05 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,437 Likes on 937 Posts
Reducing egr and increasing timing produces less soot, so mild tune will regen less and burn less fuel

Of course crank the power up and more fuel = more soot in dpf faster

Old 03-18-2017, 08:08 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,437 Likes on 937 Posts
Originally Posted by TXGold76
If you have never dealt with attornies you better do some research first if you think you are going to be able to battle Ford with the MM act. Money aside, the time and pain are more than most will be willing to deal with. $15k for a new motor is a drop in the bucket compared to attempting to secure your "rights".

That being said I plan to tune as soon as PPEI has had good success. Pay to play or whatever you call it I can't help it. The sound, the smell, the torque is too much to resist haha.
Agreed
I get tired of the mm act being thrown around. Its there for consumers to be able to use what ever brand oil filter or brake pad they want....so we dont get penalized for not using oe replacement parts

Talk to your dealer before you tune

Old 03-18-2017, 08:14 AM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 671 Likes on 440 Posts
Good morning, guys. This is engine-specific, so I'm moving to the 6.7L engine forum.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:30 AM
cappa
Senior User
Quit derailing the op's thread with lectures of how his warranty works. Pretty sure that's not what he was asking. Btw just had a primary water pump replaced on a fully deleted 15 with no limit stage 2 intake and egr blocker plates. No questions asked. You're warranty is only gone if the mod directly causes the failure, unless your dealer is junk and looking for any excuse to screw you out of warranty. It's not always about the torque not being enough, it's the removal of torque management and how much better and trouble free these engines are deleted with no stupid filter to plug up and worry about all the time. No more random drives just to burn off the stupid filter, etc, and just how beautiful these engines really are without that crap.

Quick Reply: Are there any tuners out yet?