New 1954 F100 Build - Page 7 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

New 1954 F100 Build

Old 04-10-2018, 06:32 PM
bjmayberry2
Postmaster
bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
Jake I’m going to install a sliding back glass in my 56. What seal is correct? I thought you just used a standard rear back glass seal.

Old 04-10-2018, 08:46 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Looks good Jake! It won't be long now.

BJ, I thought of doing that to my 54 back in 98\99. But I decided against it. I thought it would help with airflow on hot days. Ask MidFifty what they would use.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:49 PM
jakevidrine
Senior User
jakevidrine is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jakevidrine is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by bjmayberry2 View Post
Jake Iím going to install a sliding back glass in my 56. What seal is correct? I thought you just used a standard rear back glass seal.
i tried the standard back glass seal from mid-fifty, I cut it trying to pull the rope around. Iím not sure if the seal was the wrong size or the rope wasnít lubricated enough but I ordered the slider rubber from midfifty. It should be in Friday along with my side window lift chanels.

Old 04-11-2018, 03:50 PM
jakevidrine
Senior User
jakevidrine is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.jakevidrine is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I managed to get the instrument cluster and steering column back in and completed the wiring for the exterior lights. I also got the rear fenders and tailgate back on.

The spots are because of the water droplets in the windshield

Old 04-15-2018, 10:18 PM
jakevidrine
Senior User
I e finished wet sanding and polishing all of the bottom of the truck, bed sides, tailgate, cab and fenders. All I have left is the back wall, roof and hood...

My clutch started sticking, looks like a need to fabricate a stronger bracket to rectify the situation..

anyway, this is how she sits at the moment:

Old 04-16-2018, 06:46 AM
Greg Rogers
Elder User
Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.Greg Rogers has a great reputation on FTE.
You sure have done a great job and all in that attached garage! Well done Sir!!

Old 04-16-2018, 07:39 AM
jakevidrine
Senior User
Originally Posted by Greg Rogers View Post
You sure have done a great job and all in that attached garage! Well done Sir!!

thank you Greg, the two car garage has certainly made for its own set of challenges but things have come a long way. I should have it on the road in a few weeks, just need to get the side windows working properly and make some adjustments to my clutch.

Also, I went with a brake light pressure switch and I canít get it to stop leaking...

Old 04-16-2018, 10:22 AM
acl9865
Senior User
acl9865 is starting off with a positive reputation.
That is one hell of a paint job.

Old 04-16-2018, 10:29 AM
jakevidrine
Senior User
Originally Posted by acl9865 View Post
That is one hell of a paint job.

thank you! The compliments mean a lot to me. This is my second paint job, both sprayed in a Home garage. This one came out pretty good, there are a few imperfections but Iím able to fix them with a little wet sanding and polishing.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:52 AM
jakevidrine
Senior User

Its been a few weeks since Iíve updated this thread, Iíve been traveling a lot for work.

I purchased the sliding back glass rubber from midfifty as well as the extended door window lifts. The back glass is in, it was still a pain with the smaller rubber seal but itís in and it works.

I made a new clutch slave cylinder bracket and everything seems to be working properly, Iíve got about 20 miles in the truck so far. Iíve also mounted the wheels and tires and finished wet sanding the hood.

Im down to the odds and ends, I also need to finish the solid side glass which has proven to be a major pain in the neck.

I started back at school for my masters degree This week so things are going to slow to a crawl on the truck but Iíll get her finished sooner or later.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:03 AM
gerrymoe
Elder User
gerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant futuregerrymoe has a brilliant future
Nice!!!!!!!!

Old 05-10-2018, 02:53 PM
Aloha-boy
Senior User
Aloha-boy has a good reputation on FTE.Aloha-boy has a good reputation on FTE.
Love how it all turned out, great job!

Old 05-12-2018, 08:55 AM
50COE
Senior User
50COE has a good reputation on FTE.50COE has a good reputation on FTE.
Excellent work!

Great stance; the paint looks fantastic... ; the wheel/tire combo really looks great with your build....

Sure is great to see someone bring it all the way to completion...

Excellent Work!

Old 06-05-2018, 12:20 AM
jakevidrine
Senior User

Test fitted and stained the bed wood this weekend. I still have to drill the hole for the fuel filler then stain it.

hopefully Wednesday Iíll be able to put the first coat of epoxy on the wood, Iím planning on two coats of epoxy on all sides of the boards then wet sanding and spraying two coats of clear on the top side.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:33 AM
Rockabilly_74
Freshman User
Rockabilly_74 is starting off with a positive reputation.
what a nice car, will see when my one will be ready, but never in such great condition

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 1954 F100 Build

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.