Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Ranch Hand Front and Rear Bumpers 17 F250 Platinum

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ranch Hand Front and Rear Bumpers 17 F250 Platinum

 
  #1  
Old 03-04-2017, 10:27 PM
jriltex's Avatar
jriltex
jriltex is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 132
jriltex is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ranch Hand Front and Rear Bumpers 17 F250 Platinum

Here are some pictures of my recent adds. Truck has both all around cameras as well as collision alert. Also shot of the front bumper at night showing impact on lighting being almost un-noticed.
 
Attached Images       
  #2  
Old 03-04-2017, 10:49 PM
Davparks2
Davparks2 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 107
Davparks2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks great I am looking at getting the exact same set up. Just want to confirm that the forward collision warning and more importantly the adaptive cruise control still work perfectly? I do a lot of highway driving and I find the ACC to be an invaluable feature.
 
  #3  
Old 03-04-2017, 10:52 PM
randomreview
randomreview is offline
Freshman User
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 41
randomreview is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice looking truck!


You said collision alert was unaffected. Do you also have the adaptive cruise control? and if so is that unaffected as well? My other question would be, if you have ACC, did they move the module in order to make it work or does it work through the metal mesh? I requested info from Ranch Hand about what they did to resolve the issue and all I got back was that it had been addressed, no info on how even though I specifically asked. I would love to know how they did it and it looks like you have a platinum which should have ACC.


Any enlightenment would be appreciated.
 
  #4  
Old 03-04-2017, 10:54 PM
das_16
das_16 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 404
das_16 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am thinking of getting that same bumper how much does it block the front camera?
 
  #5  
Old 03-04-2017, 11:00 PM
jriltex's Avatar
jriltex
jriltex is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 132
jriltex is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Davparks2 View Post
Just want to confirm that the forward collision warning and more importantly the adaptive cruise control still work perfectly?
I was driving with cruise on for 2 hours and it worked like a charm. Cruise kicked down approaching vehicles in front and resumed when clear. I have no problems and confirmed with the a VP I know at Ranch Hand previous to purchasing.
 
  #6  
Old 03-04-2017, 11:01 PM
jriltex's Avatar
jriltex
jriltex is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 132
jriltex is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by randomreview View Post
Nice looking truck!


You said collision alert was unaffected. Do you also have the adaptive cruise control? and if so is that unaffected as well? My other question would be, if you have ACC, did they move the module in order to make it work or does it work through the metal mesh? I requested info from Ranch Hand about what they did to resolve the issue and all I got back was that it had been addressed, no info on how even though I specifically asked. I would love to know how they did it and it looks like you have a platinum which should have ACC.


Any enlightenment would be appreciated.
They relocated the ACC to a bracket they have on the bumper and cover it with a nice think piece of plexiglass. It shoots through the mesh without a problem. I will take some pictures and post shortly. It works great!
 
  #7  
Old 03-04-2017, 11:03 PM
jriltex's Avatar
jriltex
jriltex is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 132
jriltex is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by das_16 View Post
I am thinking of getting that same bumper how much does it block the front camera?
It frames the camera picture but I can see well enough to park, see my front bumper hitch ball. and how close I am to something. There was a picture on a previous post but I will try and also get a picture and post shortly.
 
  #8  
Old 03-04-2017, 11:13 PM
das_16
das_16 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 404
das_16 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I will look for it as well I don't ever remember anyone post. I know the local shop told me they carry them with cut outs but they weren't sure on how much can be seen still. They were pushing the bull nose to be able to see better.
 
  #9  
Old 03-04-2017, 11:17 PM
jriltex's Avatar
jriltex
jriltex is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 132
jriltex is starting off with a positive reputation.
Pic of ACC and Front Camera View

Here are two pics of ACC and Camera view in cab..sorry for quality but taken inside my garage
 
Attached Images   
  #10  
Old 03-04-2017, 11:21 PM
jriltex's Avatar
jriltex
jriltex is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 132
jriltex is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Davparks2 View Post
Looks great I am looking at getting the exact same set up. Just want to confirm that the forward collision warning and more importantly the adaptive cruise control still work perfectly? I do a lot of highway driving and I find the ACC to be an invaluable feature.
Just make sure you are clear when ordering it you have cameras and ACC. There is a part number for this model. Here is a copy of what I had installed at the Ranch Hand store in Irving, TX.
 
Attached Images  
  #11  
Old 03-04-2017, 11:25 PM
jriltex's Avatar
jriltex
jriltex is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 132
jriltex is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by das_16 View Post
I will look for it as well I don't ever remember anyone post. I know the local shop told me they carry them with cut outs but they weren't sure on how much can be seen still. They were pushing the bull nose to be able to see better.
I like the Legend. I have seen how it can protect you against a 300# hog or 150# deer and I like and appreciate the additional protection of the full radiator coverage. The bull bar is good for running into other cars...but an animal I think will flip right over it into the engine or worse yet, the cab. But just personal opinion. I can see well enough out front to accomplish what I want.
 
  #12  
Old 03-04-2017, 11:26 PM
MagneticTiger
MagneticTiger is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 260
MagneticTiger is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great setup. I may do the same. Is the 180 degree view even worse on the front camera?
 
  #13  
Old 03-04-2017, 11:38 PM
jriltex's Avatar
jriltex
jriltex is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 132
jriltex is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by MagneticTiger View Post
Great setup. I may do the same. Is the 180 degree view even worse on the front camera?
When they stitch the picture together is still is impacted a little...I will go back out and do a 360 and take a picture for you. Here are all the camera views in one post. Again inside my garage so apologies for clutter.
 
Attached Images     
  #14  
Old 03-04-2017, 11:49 PM
das_16
das_16 is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 404
das_16 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the photos I think I am going to go with the Ranch Hand
 
  #15  
Old 03-05-2017, 12:02 AM
jriltex's Avatar
jriltex
jriltex is offline
Senior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 132
jriltex is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by das_16 View Post
Thanks for the photos I think I am going to go with the Ranch Hand
I was looking for the same info as I decided on mine. I had to sort of gamble a little and go on good faith. I have had Ranch Hand Legends on my last 3 F350 trucks and really like them and glad they work with the new trucks. Best of luck. Glad it helped out.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ranch Hand Front and Rear Bumpers 17 F250 Platinum


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.