Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

Ranch Hand Front and Rear Bumpers 17 F250 Platinum

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ranch Hand Front and Rear Bumpers 17 F250 Platinum

Old 03-05-2017, 12:04 AM
jriltex
Senior User
jriltex is starting off with a positive reputation.
If we have someone in the group who is a good alterations person what would really rock is to move the camera from the Ford logo in the grill to be located in the Rack Hand Grill. Then no cutout would be needed and no "framing" would be seen and no bumper interference from the bumper at all. That is a challenge for those so incensed to give it a try. ;-)

Old 03-05-2017, 10:53 PM
randomreview
Freshman User
randomreview is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by jriltex View Post
Here are two pics of ACC and Camera view in cab..sorry for quality but taken inside my garage

Thank you so much for taking time to do this!

Old 03-06-2017, 12:48 AM
Green Power
Elder User
Green Power is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
The bumpers look great, RanchHand makes a excellent product.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:34 AM
das_16
Senior User
das_16 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well I ended up going with a ranch hand legend after all

Old 04-05-2017, 07:45 AM
jriltex
Senior User
Originally Posted by das_16 View Post
Well I ended up going with a ranch hand legend after all
Looks great! I think you will enjoy.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:47 AM
troverman
Post Fiend
troverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud of
Pretty cool. I'm thinking I light want one for my dually. How are the fog lights affected? Any changes to fuel mileage since the lower air dam is gone? How much weight is added to the front, and does ride quality improve?

Thanks
Tyler

Old 04-05-2017, 10:07 AM
jriltex
Senior User
Additional weight not that great. The take offs weigh about half of the 300 or so lbs the bumper adds. So net about 150# add. Fog lights work just fine. Much better than in previous models (2011). And no change in mileage as of now and do not expect there to be.

Old 04-05-2017, 10:13 AM
troverman
Post Fiend
troverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud oftroverman has much to be proud of
Additional weight not that great. The take offs weigh about half of the 300 or so lbs the bumper adds. So net about 150# add. Fog lights work just fine. Much better than in previous models (2011). And no change in mileage as of now and do not expect there to be.
Thanks. I've contacted Ranch Hand to see about a winch option, which I don't think they offer.

Part of me likes the looks, part of me thinks it ruins the front end. Definitely gives the truck that "out West" look which I like. But if I'm going to add a big bumper and bull bar that sticks out, I want a 16k winch on the front. We'll see what they say.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:25 AM
jriltex
Senior User
Originally Posted by troverman View Post
Thanks. I've contacted Ranch Hand to see about a winch option, which I don't think they offer.

Part of me likes the looks, part of me thinks it ruins the front end. Definitely gives the truck that "out West" look which I like. But if I'm going to add a big bumper and bull bar that sticks out, I want a 16k winch on the front. We'll see what they say.
With the 2" receiver up front I used to mount a winch in there and lock into the bumper. They make 2" slide in's to mount the Warn winches on. And you can remove in the event you do not need at that time. Just a thought. Also it is steel and can be welded ;-)

Old 04-05-2017, 01:23 PM
troverman
Post Fiend
With the 2" receiver up front I used to mount a winch in there and lock into the bumper. They make 2" slide in's to mount the Warn winches on. And you can remove in the event you do not need at that time. Just a thought. Also it is steel and can be welded ;-)
I see the 2" receiver and I like that option. But it would not be suitable for a 16k winch, which is what a truck this size really needs. Those hitch-mounted winches are not as powerful but can be a Godsend when stuck going forward and need to winch out from behind.

Yes, modification is a possibility but the winch mounts on the bumper need to be pretty heavily reinforced, and I want a neat, integrated design. I want a concealed spool of cable on the drum yet with access for jams...and I'd love a roller fairlead with the rollers flush with the outer edges of the bumper.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:16 PM
das_16
Senior User
das_16 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I see the 2" receiver and I like that option. But it would not be suitable for a 16k winch, which is what a truck this size really needs. Those hitch-mounted winches are not as powerful but can be a Godsend when stuck going forward and need to winch out from behind.

Yes, modification is a possibility but the winch mounts on the bumper need to be pretty heavily reinforced, and I want a neat, integrated design. I want a concealed spool of cable on the drum yet with access for jams...and I'd love a roller fairlead with the rollers flush with the outer edges of the bumper.
They told me there should be a winch model out by the end of summer.

Old 04-05-2017, 07:49 PM
17 Oaks
Posting Guru
17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold

My guess is its going to look like this. I have a Warn Powerplant 9.5k winch and Air Compressor mounted on the front of my '15. The big Ranch Hand was not available when I got my '17 so I went with a different model.

The Warn Power Plant is a BIG unit.

Mounted on Ranch Hand on my '15

Big unit, serious winch and air compressor

mounted on front of my Jeep

Old 04-06-2017, 06:23 AM
troverman
Post Fiend
The folks at RanchHand got back to me yesterday. Nothing is currently available but in a couple of months the "Sport" bumper model will be available for the 2017 models, and this can accommodate a 16.5k winch.

Here's the link for a 2016 model: https://www.ranchhand.com/front-bumper-fbf115blr.html

So this is basically what I want, but I think these bumpers and guards...while highly functional...are a bit ugly.

Don, the Powerplant looks like a nice unit but is pretty unsuitable for these trucks. Rule of thumb for winching is that a vehicle stuck in the mud has an effective weight of double its actual weight. My dually probably weighs 9,000+ lbs, and therefore a 9.5k winch would simply not pull it out. I think 16k is the minimum way to go. Probably would require replacing the stock batteries with AGM Odyssey or Optima batteries as well.

I ran a Warn XD9000 on my old Range Rover, and that winch sometimes required being fully spooled out and sometimes needed pulleys doubled back to itself in order to self-extract from mud, especially if the pull was uphill or on an angle.

Also had a factory Warn 9.5XP winch on our 2005 Land Rover LR3...which was about the limit for that vehicle as well.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:00 AM
17 Oaks
Posting Guru
17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold
The folks at RanchHand got back to me yesterday. Nothing is currently available but in a couple of months the "Sport" bumper model will be available for the 2017 models, and this can accommodate a 16.5k winch.

Here's the link for a 2016 model: https://www.ranchhand.com/front-bumper-fbf115blr.html

So this is basically what I want, but I think these bumpers and guards...while highly functional...are a bit ugly.

Don, the Powerplant looks like a nice unit but is pretty unsuitable for these trucks. Rule of thumb for winching is that a vehicle stuck in the mud has an effective weight of double its actual weight. My dually probably weighs 9,000+ lbs, and therefore a 9.5k winch would simply not pull it out. I think 16k is the minimum way to go. Probably would require replacing the stock batteries with AGM Odyssey or Optima batteries as well.

I ran a Warn XD9000 on my old Range Rover, and that winch sometimes required being fully spooled out and sometimes needed pulleys doubled back to itself in order to self-extract from mud, especially if the pull was uphill or on an angle.

Also had a factory Warn 9.5XP winch on our 2005 Land Rover LR3...which was about the limit for that vehicle as well.
No argument there at all and the PowerPlant is available in a 12k (in fact the 9.5k is a 12k with different gears for faster spooling). I ran it on my trucks and Jeeps for the prime reason of the built in air compressor. Its fast, in fact at the trailhead where airing back up is always a race my PowerPlant kept up with and in most cases would fill my 37's from my off road 3-5 psi as fast and faster than most other units out there.

I don't take my truck off road for recreation so the 9.5 was never a major factor for me. I might end up getting the big front from Ranch Hand for my '17 if I can get that past my wife.

Ranch Hand is made down in Shiner, Tx, home of Shiner Beer, great beer, great front and rear bumpers!

Old 04-06-2017, 10:16 AM
troverman
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks View Post
No argument there at all and the PowerPlant is available in a 12k (in fact the 9.5k is a 12k with different gears for faster spooling). I ran it on my trucks and Jeeps for the prime reason of the built in air compressor. Its fast, in fact at the trailhead where airing back up is always a race my PowerPlant kept up with and in most cases would fill my 37's from my off road 3-5 psi as fast and faster than most other units out there.

I don't take my truck off road for recreation so the 9.5 was never a major factor for me. I might end up getting the big front from Ranch Hand for my '17 if I can get that past my wife.

Ranch Hand is made down in Shiner, Tx, home of Shiner Beer, great beer, great front and rear bumpers!
Ranch Hand seems like they make a great product. Very rugged and high quality. Made in TX is great! Just not totally sure if I love the looks.

That 9.5 winch would work awesome on a Jeep, for sure. I doubt my dually will see much off-roading, but I like the ability to be able to pull myself (or someone else) out if necessary.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ranch Hand Front and Rear Bumpers 17 F250 Platinum

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.