Is This the New US Spec Ranger Caught Testing? (Photos) - Page 2 - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2019 Ranger Discussion for the upcoming 2019 Ford Ranger!

Is This the New US Spec Ranger Caught Testing? (Photos)

Old 06-03-2017, 08:57 AM
Post Fiend

Diesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant futureDiesel_Brad has a brilliant future
For a side by side comparison. Looks like the SAME thing to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curated Content Editor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian's1988Ford View Post
Old 06-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Freshman User

basketcase is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
Is it just me or are all the small pick-ups starting to look the same ?
it's not just you. To my thinking the answer is yes, they are all starting to look the same.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:02 PM
Posting Guru

Frdtrkrul has a good reputation on FTE.Frdtrkrul has a good reputation on FTE.Frdtrkrul has a good reputation on FTE.
I kind of don't mind the look of the newer Colorado twins, though I preferred the first generation looks more. This Ranger doesn't look bad, it's pretty much no different than what's offered else where. But it'll be priced higher than what I could afford unless I get a better paying job lol.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Senior User

Christian's1988Ford has a good reputation on FTE.Christian's1988Ford has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Brad View Post
For a side by side comparison. Looks like the SAME thing to me
Again, this is most likely just a powertrain mule. I don't think we have ever seen such a thinly-camouflaged full-redesign or new test vehicle, except for a day or two before release.

That being said, the tests are being conducted on the European-spec Ranger, which means the final product will be based on what's in Europe. Expect a new front clip, and possibly tail light/tailgate updates. Let's also not forget the possibility of a new interior, colors, wheel choices, options, and trim packages.
Old 06-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Senior User

Azryael is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I saw one today, not covered up by anything heading south on 281 just north of San Antonio pulled over at an intersection where the used to be a DQ.

Was blue in color, and it looked pretty nice.

I should have snagged some photos, but I was in hurry to get my puppy home.
Old 06-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Senior User

Christian's1988Ford has a good reputation on FTE.Christian's1988Ford has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azryael View Post
I saw one today, not covered up by anything heading south on 281 just north of San Antonio pulled over at an intersection where the used to be a DQ.

Wow, definitely cool!

Get some pictures if you ever see it again! You might be able to send them to one of the online automotive magazines like Autoblog, who would prossibly post an article about what you saw.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:03 PM
Senior User

Honestly I should have, kinda regretting it now because it's not everyday you see a vehicle on the road that hasn't even hit production yet!

It looked almost identical to the orange example above, but with a larger XLT badge on the right side of the tailgate, and I don't recall seeing "Avalanche"-esque pillars coming up from the bed.

The big RANGER on the back was also a dead giveaway.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Posting Guru

silverbullet6oh has a very good reputation on FTE.silverbullet6oh has a very good reputation on FTE.silverbullet6oh has a very good reputation on FTE.silverbullet6oh has a very good reputation on FTE.
It's just too bad they waited sooo long to come out with the Ranger. Maybe they were seeing if the Colorado would take off in sales again before investing so much in bringing the Ranger back. To see if the market was there for these trucks.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:48 PM
Senior User

db_tanker is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Honestly I should have, kinda regretting it now because it's not everyday you see a vehicle on the road that hasn't even hit production yet!

It looked almost identical to the orange example above, but with a larger XLT badge on the right side of the tailgate, and I don't recall seeing "Avalanche"-esque pillars coming up from the bed.

The big RANGER on the back was also a dead giveaway.

did you catch the plates? it may have been a ranger from across the border...they sell them across the border.

I've seen a few around here in Houston but they had plates from Tamaulipas and other states in Mexico.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:44 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_tanker View Post
did you catch the plates? it may have been a ranger from across the border...they sell them across the border.

I've seen a few around here in Houston but they had plates from Tamaulipas and other states in Mexico.
They were the current white Texas plates. I recognized that too.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:54 AM
Posting Guru

JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:

That's about 2 miles from my house. Guess I need to be watching traffic more closely.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:55 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKBrad View Post
That's about 2 miles from my house. Guess I need to be watching traffic more closely.
You live up near Borgfeld? I'm about 3 miles south.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:05 PM
Posting Guru

JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.JKBrad has a great reputation on FTE.
Not exactly. Off Smithson Valley.
Old Today, 12:48 AM
Ford Rookie

ExDakotaOwner has a good reputation on FTE.ExDakotaOwner has a good reputation on FTE.
That would give me a headache.