1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Diesel still in oil, even with e-fuel. Am I going to die?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 06:24 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Hmm I'll see if I can try the blue monster thread tape if I can get it locally. This is what I'm using currently:
Amazon Amazon

So you think the blue monster tape will seal better? If not, I'll go ahead and try JB weld before replacing the filter base.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:07 AM
7.3 forever
Fleet Mechanic
Received 156 Likes on 112 Posts
So u removed the exhaust back pressure sensor completely do u plan on leaving it off what is the advantage of that never heard of it being removed

Old 06-15-2017, 12:24 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bubba Jones
Hmm I'll see if I can try the blue monster thread tape if I can get it locally. This is what I'm using currently: https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-8063.../dp/B000HBNTGY

So you think the blue monster tape will seal better? If not, I'll go ahead and try JB weld before replacing the filter base.

Inspect the threads. If they look like they should, Blue Monster will seal it up.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:52 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by 7.3 forever
So u removed the exhaust back pressure sensor completely do u plan on leaving it off what is the advantage of that never heard of it being removed
I don't know if there are any advantages other than it cleans stuff up. Because I removed the ebpv with both the exhaust and pedestal delete housing, I didn't want the sensor that was tapped into the front of the passenger manifold so I decided to remove sensor and tuning since they wouldn't be used for anything anymore.

Originally Posted by cowmilker08
Inspect the threads. If they look like they should, Blue Monster will seal it up.
Ill go ahead and see if I can get some today and try it out. I think I read walmart should stock it.

Old 06-15-2017, 02:37 PM
cowmilker08
Postmaster
Oh yeah, make sure you wrap the tape the correct direction!

Old 06-15-2017, 03:15 PM
7.3 forever
Fleet Mechanic
Received 156 Likes on 112 Posts
Hmm my valve is removed on turbo outlet mine was clogged and seemed to make a difference in how truck ran

Old 06-15-2017, 10:03 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by cowmilker08
Oh yeah, make sure you wrap the tape the correct direction!
My local Ace Hardware had some of this tape so I just finished putting it on. My main outlet was leaking, but I noticed the two bungs in the rear of the filter housing were seeping as well. I don't know why this filter had all the leaking and the water seperator/filter didn't. Anyways, I just finished wrapping up all the outlets that were seeping so I'll see if it stopped! If not, I may try one more time with taking the filter housing off though so I can get better leverage on all the fittings. Then it's JB weld time if that doesn't work.

Originally Posted by 7.3 forever
Hmm my valve is removed on turbo outlet mine was clogged and seemed to make a difference in how truck ran
Oh I think the EBPV delete might make a difference in the running of the truck. I don't know if it will do a lot, but apparently the EBPV takes up like 1/4 of the diameter of the exhaust outlet even when open so it will probably help a little! Removing the sensor and piping from the front of the passenger side manifold probably doesn't do anything, but it's a cleaner look! I was able to remove the bracket on top of the HPOP reservoir as well that holds that sensor so there is less clutter in the way of things.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:08 PM
Shawn MacAnanny
Elder User
I deleted my ebpv already having a straight pipe exhaust system. I noticed 0 change in sound, power or egt. I plan on actually installinge on back in so I can use the exhaust brake function. All it did was get rid of the annoying activation during 20f weather.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:18 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by Shawn MacAnanny
I deleted my ebpv already having a straight pipe exhaust system. I noticed 0 change in sound, power or egt. I plan on actually installinge on back in so I can use the exhaust brake function. All it did was get rid of the annoying activation during 20f weather.
Yeah I didn't really think it was going to make a big difference. The main reason I wanted it gone was to get rid of potential leak points etc. My last motor seeped out of every seal due to the mixing fluids.

Opening the exhaust seems nice as well, but I wasn't planning on having it be a huge performance increase by any means. It is nicer not having the plunger thing and a smaller turbo pedestal in there. Plus with the exhaust ceramic coated, things seem a little cleaner and nicer in there!

As a sine note, I think I've been driving around with my coolant filter closed off. I had the nozzle perpendicular to the filter, so I just flipped it up. I can't remember which was is open and which way is closed but I'd assume the way I turned it is now open. The water pump is the one that ambulances have apparently, I purchased the coolant filter water pump kit that sold on dieselsite.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:10 AM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,183 Likes on 812 Posts
Where's the videos of but outs man we need to see them lol..... great job man sounds like this engine is going to work out good.

Old 06-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by z31freakify
Where's the videos of but outs man we need to see them lol..... great job man sounds like this engine is going to work out good.
Thanks! Haha yeah if I get a little more bold I may try some burnouts. I've only done a burnout twice with my truck. Once with the 302 on accident (I was a little frustrated) and once when trying to very slowly get over a curb in a parking lot with the old 7.3.

So the good news is that it appears my tires will break loose instead of my axle/driveshaft going, but I'm still a little nervous of that happening.

So far, it appears that I may have fixed the fuel leak with the blue monster thread tape as well! It was a little wet on the fuel filter this morning when I drove off, but that may have just been residual fuel seeping down. It didn't appear to get any more wet and I didn't notice any drips after driving today. I'll keep an eye on it, but I may be leak free now!

Old 06-16-2017, 08:19 PM
z31freakify
Hotshot
Received 1,183 Likes on 812 Posts
That's great man, holy **** auto correct has me again "but outs" I clearly spelled burnouts, se it try to do it again but fixed it lol....

Old 06-17-2017, 09:37 AM
nateairman
Cargo Master
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
@Bubba When are going to get axles? Does that still have coils on the front?

Old 06-17-2017, 09:41 AM
oldbird1965
Fleet Owner

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts
That's good news! Good Job!!

Old 06-17-2017, 02:11 PM
Bubba Jones
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by nateairman
@Bubba When are going to get axles? Does that still have coils on the front?
It does have the coils in the front yes. I really do want to get new axles soon, but I really am not sure when that's going to happen. The biggest reason I haven't stepped up is because it's going to require a whole bunch of other changes as well. If I get new axles, I'm going to need new wheels, then also new tires. Those are three sets of expensive items. If I could do one at a time, I'd definitely do that, but it has to be all three at once!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to try and get a 3:55 rear end, and then just do an 8 lug swap on the front axles. I know it'll still have the weaker front axle, but I don't really think it's going to be too much of an issue because I'll never really need tons of power on the front. When I do go off road, I can't see my putting too much stress on the front. I suppose only time will tell for that though!

Originally Posted by z31freakify
That's great man, holy **** auto correct has me again "but outs" I clearly spelled burnouts, se it try to do it again but fixed it lol....
Haha yeah I knew what you meant. My phone likes to auto "correct" things all the time. Even if I spell a word out correctly and use it properly, my phone wants to change it to something that doesn't make sense. I'll type something in like "Do you want to go get some food?" and it will change 'food' to 'good'. After I delete 'good' and change it back to 'food', it will change it back like 2 more times until it finally gets the hint that I actually want to type out a proper English sentence that makes sense!

Originally Posted by oldbird1965
That's good news! Good Job!!
Thank you! I've notice no more leaking so I think I actually have a fully leak free truck now! I can park over driveways without worry about leaking spots!

Now I have to move onto intercooling, axle swaps, and the scangauge interceptor addition. I'll probably get the scangauge first because it's the cheapest.

Quick Reply: Diesel still in oil, even with e-fuel. Am I going to die?